What's the most poor or depressing meal you've had? I keep a couple surplus MRE's on hand for when I'm broke

What's the most poor or depressing meal you've had? I keep a couple surplus MRE's on hand for when I'm broke.

i ate a package of instant ramen without cooking it and smeared it in peanut butter so it would be a nutirtionally complete meal

i got dumped over sushi 5 years ago and it still triggers me

MREs are extremely expensive. Better off buying a bag of beans and a bag of rice.

Going to an empty waffle house on thanksgiving with my dad because mom had left.

rice and tomato sauce
pasta and a bit of oil
old bread

When I was in college I was frequently so broke that I would but store brand Panburger Partner and make it without butter, milk or meat.

I do basically the same as your OP, I keep some beef bullion and about 3 cases (36 servings) of ok ramen. If also keep seasonings to help it out. I also try to keep at least 10 lbs of both rice and beans for variety.

With that as a base you can eat well for 20 bucks for 2 weeks, get some veggies, chicken, and eggs and youre good to go.

Not if you're in the military and get that shit for free.
Easy poverty meal

Why would you be in poverty if you're in the military? Do they not feed you?

If someone ruined sushi for me I would never forgive them.

My microwave was broken and I didn't have a stove, so I had to soak rice in water for the day then eat it at dinner.

I'm in the reserves so, when we have a big exercise I take a box and save it for when I don't want to cook. Active guys don't have to worry about that shit and can get them whenever.

When I say poverty meal I just mean it's a cheap meal.

nice

Does that really work?

kek, sounds terrible

Visited older cousin, who had homesteaded. put in a goat enclosure with him. for lunch, we had government cheese sandwiches on wonder style bread, fried in margarine. the BEST MEAL I HAVE EVER HAD, SERVED WITH TRUE LOVE.

My dinner tonight. Crackers and this paté.

i just ate 2 packs of ramen mixed with a can of chicken, a can of black beans and some hot sauce in a mixing bowl.

go back to rebbit

they give them for free?

don't you take advantage of the commissary?

Not really, but it softened them up enough so they were kind of chewy instead of just hard.

Lol i was about to post this

Nice!

that srough

I know it's a meme but just elbow macaroni and ketchup. It was not a fun time in my life.

After Hurricane Katrina I was without power for a while. So, one night, I was laying on the floor of my kitchen in a large pool of water that from my fridge. It was cool and I had been sweating all day so I just laid there. I had nothign much to eat or drink so I got a bottle of warm white wine from the fridge, a bag of pretzels and a bag of m&ms. I ate it all while I laid motionless in a pool of questionable water, and the next morning I had a HORRIBLE bout of vomiting over the toilet.

I'm thinking it's those gas station rampages you'll go on when you're either

-drunk
-fat
-emotionally stressed
-insulin resistant
-inexplicable dip in dopamine

that happen when you just want to press the body's "pleasure" buttons as much as possible with no regard to the things even going together, treating it like a drug basically like a candy bar a bag of cheese puffs fried chicken tenders root beer and pack of oreos

Fact me on MREs? How bad are They? I'm enlisting in the military and I know I'll have to eat them for about a week during basic training

>enlisting
>basic
>you mean boot camp, boy

Literally every meal I had in the states, I couldn't wait to get some home and cook poutine.

>Fact me on MREs? How bad are They?
To me, MREs were on the same level as cafeteria chow or fast food. Not great, but not awful either.

for my 17th birthday we went to a steakhouse with my dad and sister. it was some weird new pop up chain in the middle of bumfuck nowhere that didnt last longer than 4 months

the place was dead (we were the only ones there) and the filipino staff said "congratulations" in the most lifeless voice ive ever heard while tying a balloon to my chair

My parents got me and my twin brother a premade frozen banana-caramel cake for our 18th birthday, and we ate it in silence without my brother even being there for the occasion.

It's not like were poor or anything, we had a modest middle class life, but man, eating that barely thawed aldi cake sure made me miserable.

What you doing for your 18th?

Powdered mash and corned beef, made in a big bowl which me and my ex ate out of with a spoon because I was too terrified to leave my room and she was too fragile to object

We ate it twice a day for months. It was absurd in hindsight

Not at all, what's absurd is you nearly had a chance to spread your genes.

We had a pregnancy scare. It was fucking weird, I went full authoritarian to make sure she understood we could not have a fucking kid without outright commanding her to get an abortion

False alarm, thankfully. Had to promise to let her get a dog someday, mercifully broke up before that day came

Last thanksgiving i cooked a frozen pizza and ate it alone sitting in front of the tv in my pajamas.

I bought a package of dry salami slices
I ate only that for a day

i do these, I never considered them especially depressing.

I'm alone and have no idea what I'm doing half the time
I don't work I sleep whenever I want wake up whenever I want.

2 events mentally broke me and I'm just hoping time kills me since doing it myself is the pussy way out

Eating a can of cold beans while living out of my car was not great

>Ladies and gentlemen I give you the white race, behold the complete and utter disregard for self preservation.

I'd like to be a /b/astard and tell you to do a front flip but I guess an uncle or clergyman raped you when you were 8 or your sister was diddled with by daddy and you and your mum ignored it till she killed herself?

Should have lived in your car if it was there. Brain dead mong.

>you mean boot camp
I mean you can call it that if you want but it's technically referred to as Basic Military Training

Well if they're good enough for trenchmen they're good enough for me

My fiance and I were both fired within a week of each other a few years ago and only had potatoes left. We ate nothing but baked potatoes for that week. We now keep a stockpile of money back if anything happens.

What's that got to do with /pol/ or did you just see that posted when you arrived last month and think it acceptable to use a a retort whenever some one posted about race?

Racial breeding rates aren't food or cooking

oh lordy

And Wendy's v McDonalds v Burger king is? It's substance but so is dust, grass, wood chip, vomit, shit and cardboard. If I want to highlight something fucking stupid from a post then I will, it's got fuck all to do with you. Who do you think you are with you fucking fascism?

>nutritionally complete
>ramen and PB

I don't think so, Tim.

There was a time when I was verging on homeless, and for about two weeks, the only food i had in the house was peanut butter. no bread, no jelly, no bananas, no crackers, just jars of peanut butter.

>life takes a shit on me
>keeps shitting on me
>suddenly no money and no food
>no electricity
>no heat
>no food
>except peanut butter

It was a really rough time in my life. Imagine waking up, having no job, no friends, and no family, everyday, knowing the only thing you have to eat is peanut butter. Everyday, waking up and eating a few spoonfuls of peanut butter and some water, then walking 20 miles to town to put in job applications and check the job services in town, spending eight hours in town, only to find no jobs and have to walk back home,knowing that the only thing waiting for you is peanut butter.

>Wow talking about fast FOOD on a FOOD and cooking board! How DARE they!
>But casually throwing race in a thread about depression/poverty meals is okay

Why do /poo/tards get so aggressive when told do fuck off with their own kind?

Because I'm with my own kind redditor.

mah niggah, have him playing in the background right now, shit's /comfy/

hope shit's better for you now, user

anyone who says MREs taste bad are pathetic human beings.

A tree fell on our storm shelter and we had to eat canned sausages in the dark.

College Biology professor actually told me once that you can live on peanutbutter sandwiches and milk for a long time.

I have over 50 mres in my house right now

If you really like living with scurvy maybe

>tfw ate MREs for two months after discharge

Fucking hated those things but I was poor and lazy and had a shit ton of them left.

I'm probably going to sell mine soon since I have so many of them

When I was a senior in high school I ran away from home cause my mom was a bitch. After graduation there was going to be a few months till university started, so my aunt let me live with her across state till then. My mom was trying to reconcile with me, and said that for my eighteenth she would take me to a nice place in downtown Austin. Of course I was excited because I grew up in a small town my whole life and maybe this would be a fun outing where I could get on better terms with my mother and get to see my sister and brother.

Cue my birthday, I told my aunt and her husband/kids that my mom was going to take me out, so they didn't have to plan anything for me. I expected mom to get there around four or five, since she said she was going to be here soon.

I waited at the kitchen for hours till my mom finally drives up the house at a little past ten. She brought my sister, but instead of my brother she had brought her fuck buddy instead. We ate at some incredibly nice place, but right after I was dropped off at my aunt's so that my mom could continue the trip she had decided to take down there. Left a pretty sour taste in my mouth, I remember waiting and wondering where she was more than the dinner and I only got to see my little sister for about an hour, not to mention she didn't even bring my little brother with

what happened user-kun

In university I'd fry instant ramen and cover it in peanut butter (free in packets from some restaurant). 25 cent Thai meal.

Canadian military ones are mostly pretty good. You can trade for the mains you like best. My favourite is the salmon, which is just salmon in a bag, but they've got like 20 kinds some pretty fancy, none I recall being 'bad'.

p.s. Afaik MREs, whether you buy them surplus or made for the camping market, aren't cheap at all. When hiking I mostly eat Sidekick type noodle and rice meals supplemented with fresh eggs (trust me they won't break in the right container and keep), since it works out a lot lighter and massively cheaper.

A shitty can of cream of mushroom soup with stale crackers.

>Be 7

>Have to babysit and cook meals for younger sister

>Moms out partying and does not buy food

>Only thing left in the house is some pasta and a can of tuna

>Pour pasta into water

>Couple roaches were in the box

>Pick them out because there's nothing else

>Don't tell sis and force myself to eat it along with her

An entire can of expired beef broth, room temperature.
Was literally the only thing left to eat in the house and my dad hadn't been back in 2 days, I was too hungry.

I vomited up water and broth multiple times whilst drinking the can, it was so disgusting.