Making Enchiladas

Just some easy ones. Got a bag of ground beef thawed and picked up a few things from the store. Bored, so I thought I'd share as I go. O.C. is always good, right?

Getting the onions sauteed.

Onions transferred over, time to brown the burger. Probably a poor time of night (morning) to be expecting anyone to pay attention to such a mundane thread. But I'll plug on anyway.

Beef in

Not too browned, as to be expected when you don't do small batches. Fine though, it's enchiladas here. Time to remove the fat.

monitoring to see how they go

That'll do. Not bad for a spoon.

Onions back in, sauce.

Dog likes the aromas.

Needs salt

I reduced that good. I think I'm going to add the second can. The tortillas will soak it up.

I add the scallions later. They will cook a little in the oven

I soften the tortillas in batches in the microwave, so let the dissention begin!

Forty seconds?? But I want it now.

I just chuck it in a collander

And I'm doing it layered instead of individually rolled, so let the dissention continue.
...oh yeah, no one's here to post.

Moving along.

Wait what

I don't like where this is going one fucking bit.

Oven's warming up and this is ready to go in. Nothing fancy, nothing I needed my culianry degree for.
The meat sauce is delicious and and it'll look great when it's done.
Time for a smoke.

This is what I smoke.

Scored these organic mangoes tonight for 99 cents each!

I think you forgot to add enchilada sauce.

Collander is in the sink, but I hate washing grease out of it. Spoon worked fine.

Damn, I've been at it over an hour. Morning Edition is on.

I think you aren't paying attention.

Ha! That's cool. At least I have an audience.

Got my side dish all ready.

What a cutey! Looks like a miniature version of my dog.

That's cool. You know, in New Mexico they do stacked enchiladas everywhere. Kinda freaked me out the first time I had them like that, but now I'm used to it when I'm traveling through there. I like how sometimes they'll come with a fried egg on top.

sounds like Mexican lasagne pretty much

Smells delicious! Looks good!

Not bad but this is basically just a casserole rather than enchiladas

I personally prefer to let the bits of tortilla poking out to get a little crispy near the ends, but I'm sure it tastes amazing OP.

Yeah, I guess so. They taste the same, just require less work.

Yes, me too. And if this weren't for tomorrow I'd have probably left some exposed. Of course I also could have just waited to bake it, but hindsight is 20/20.

Fried egg is a good idea. I got eggs for $0.99 per 18-pack, so I loaded up.

Mexican lasagna.

hi, same time zone!

Forgot I picked up avocados too. Maybe I'll make some sort of mango guacamole tomorrow for the chips.

Mango salsa with chunks of avocado sounds better to me.

Well, I guess that's it. Thanks for tuning in.

I cooked up a fat burger with the scallion ends, which I'll eat some of here soon. I'll check in on the thread from time to time.
This was fun. I'll have to do live threads more often.

With orange juice for acidity.
And chunks of white chocolate cookies.

Yes. Thanks, buddy.

gnight

flash-fried buffalo. mmmmmm

Reminds me of a joke:

Did you hear the one about the guy who wore glasses on his ass?

His HINDsight was 20/20!!

Not real enchilada pendejo

Who fucking cares?

so basically, you're making mexican lasagna

I know of which you speak. Pic related, stacked enchiladas "Christmas" style. It's good shit mein nigga.

Yeah, some other posters may have mentioned that several times already, but thanks.

You know they always fall apart anyway

Bumping for highjack.

Fucked up at ground beef. Shreded beef or chicken only. You just made ghetto tamales

>pace salsa