Tongs

should i buy some cooking tongs? are they a meme or crafty like a jew? seen em alot in videos and i have shitty thin ones so im thinking about gettin silicone ones for all kindsa cookin.

they're a couple of quid, just buy a pair.

>like a jew

I thought Veeky Forums would be immune from /pol/ leakage, I guess I thought wrong.

This. They have their uses and are well worth the minimal amount they cost.

>call jews crafty
>OMG /POL/ GO AWAY
So touchy.

I just buy straight metal ones and I generally consider them disposable because they're inexpensive. I will say this though about the silicone ones, they're easy to clean.

Get a long set of tongs and a short set and you'll be good for a few years.

If it was calling jews money-obsessed, I wouldn't have immediately thought /pol/. There are jew memes that are clearly /pol/-based, and others that aren't.

What kind of fucking thread is this? If you need tongs BUY THEM you dumb fuck.

metal ones can scratch pans thats why id like silicone ones

read the op it says "or are they a meme?" u dum fuk

How the fuck would tongs be considered a "meme"? Why do you dumbshits consider foods "memes"?

Tongs have been around for a long time and they will continue to be around.
Same goes for bacon, steaks, avocados, and whatever else you saw on the internet today.

A thread died for this bullshit.

They are fucking tongs. You flip food with them.
Do you think knives are a meme?

"Meme", in the cultural context of Veeky Forums, can refer to either an internet meme or can be used as shorthand for "popular flavor-of-the-month kitchen or food item".

Get with the time, Gramps.

Just flip hot food with your fingers.

What are you, a sissy?

It certainly not you fucking summerfag.
You have no idea about Chan culture you milleniel retard.
I bet you think this is an anime site as well.

If there is a Wikipedia article about it, it's a meme.

>are they a meme or crafty like a jew?
Yes. Tongs are really an antenna used by the illuminati to control you and your food..

I get that, but how the fuck are TONGS a flavor-of-the-month kitchen item? Also, I don't give a shit about the cultural context here on Veeky Forums. It rarely makes sense. Sriracha, I guess I can understand getting called 'meme' here, but when it comes to kitchen staples and common foods, the word is fallaciously misapplied.

>Get with the time, Gramps.
Kek, jokes on you, slowfag. Your definition of meme's is so last-months flavor. The current definition of meme is anything that is used by anyone but OP.

>I get that, but how the fuck are TONGS a flavor-of-the-month kitchen item?

This. They've been a thing for decades. TV chefs have been raving about them since the early 90's at least. This is certainly not some new internet fad.

What an embarrassing post

you can make another mcchicken thread if need be

no but there are alot of shitty unitasker memes.

>doesnt use his dick and balls to test heat

literally a girl

>alot
Opinion discarded. If you don't know "a lot" is two words then you don't deserve advice.

>my advice is above you
Your advice is shit just like everyone else's

Your a meme you tart

There was ongoing debate whether alot will be a single word eventually back in 4th grade, so like 18 years ago? Kind of like altogether.

When the nigger of the dictionary word "ain't" got adopted a few years back got in, the possibilities are endless!

No linguistic institution well ever allow "alot" to be a word. It will never happen.

Triggered as fuck.
You can always spot /pol/ shitposters because that is their immediate reaction to being called out on their bullshit.

What are you, 40? Because you're a millenial too, you fucking retard.

He was clearly talking about the Alot.

I hate the silicone ones. Food slips out of them and you end up splattering hot oil or food on another surface or yourself. Squeezing food harder mangles the food. I like the shitty metal ones for general use and chopsticks for delicate operations. Also, the shortest and longest tongs are useless to me because of physics.

#HitlerDidNothingWrong

My mother who just croaked at the tender age of 82 left me the family tongs as an heirloom. I'm going with not a meme, however things are complicated by her lack of jewishness. I guess she was pretty crafty tho.

>are they a meme

Go fucking die

>Meme", in the cultural context of Veeky Forums
Just no

Are they a meme (bad) or crafty like a jew (good). Certainly racist, but not /pol/ racism, /pol/ uses jew as a derogatory term.

Yup.

I usually love silicone for how easy it is to clean. but for tongs you want the "shitty" ones with sharp metal edges that bite into the food a bit.

Honestly aside from basic stuff like saute pans, sauce pans, hotel pans, knives and sheet pans if I could only have two "utensils" in a kitchen it would be a pair of tongs and a towel. With those two things you can do pretty much anything in a kitchen. Tongs are invaluable in a kitchen

I think a fridge and a stove are more important than a pair of tongs though.

>aside from basic stuff

Coolers and burners are kind of a given for any kitchen commercial or residential.

I also said "utensils" no one would consider either of those a utensil but rather a basic component.

ovens & fridges are condiments