Anyone got pics of food they made? Chef finally broke down and put chicken and waffles on the menu and I had to...

Anyone got pics of food they made? Chef finally broke down and put chicken and waffles on the menu and I had to. This is my demo plate that I made for the servers.

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/recipes/2017/08/blackberry-cake-recipe.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just post the food, we don't need your life story.

I had a nashville hot chicken yesterday for the first time. I never want to eat a fried chicken breast any other way now. You should make a nashvill hot chicken and wafffles. Just saiyan.

K
Shrimp and grits.

Shrimp, mushrooms, bacon, with a stewed tomato/shrimp stock gravy with the sunny side up on top obv.

We actually have a "not" hot chicken sandwich that the sauce is like sesame oil, sriracha, gochujang(Korean chili paste), and honey. I 100% lobbied for that to go on the chicken for the waffle and he's thinking about it at least advertising it as an option

Dessert on carrot and beet root, with fresh herbs.

Oh yeah and kale

That quenelle tho. One handed?

If nothing else, maybe its a Sunday brunch special. Gauge reaction and promote to menu if it does well. If I saw that on the specials I wouldn't even ask how much it was. I'd just order it and then I'd have to ask the wait staff for a bowl to catch my obscene salivation which my tiny mouth wouldn't be able to contain.

jalapeno poppers

Yeah I'm pretty sure if we did it, it'd sell retardedly fast

i feel like you can see the deliberate placement in those leaves and it throws the look off for the whole dish for me. Like some hand torn mint/basil or even that leaf. Not hating, it looks delicious.

Dont understand the question. I drew a tempered spoon through the sorbet.

I was asking if that was a one spoon or two spoon quenelle, sounds like one spoon. Which, nice. My one handed always look like shit.

Not too keen on the dots along the fruit, looks nice otherwise.

The dots and the leaves I don't like. It's too....perfect?

Ah well yes then, 1 spoon.
All about practice, having a spoon in the proper shape, and having a good temperature on the ice and spoon.

I like a nice plating but that's a tad to cutesy IMO.

The plating is too mathematical, while also oddly asymmetrical. It's not beautiful, or interesting, or aesthetically pleasing. It looks like an 8 year old did it.

As someone who works in a kitchen, I find that this looks great and give you a 8/10 but as someone who eats food, just keep the chicken and waffles separate. I don't like syrup all over my chicken, just the waffles. That's me tho.

Yeah chef taught me to rub the backside of the spoon on my palm, I just don't really get any reps on it though. Haha I should just buy like a gallon of ice cream and spend a day practicing.

Haha I won't say that but I agree that it just doesn't work for me overall. Looks like it tastes really good though.

Haha fair enough dude. I mean yeah a lot of people just don't like mixing their protein in with the other shit and I feel that for sure. Personally I like to force you to engage all the flavors of the plate in one bite.

that looks liek some fuckin surenuf mac and cheese. nice pot too. is that cast iron or aluminum that you cooked it in, or just some serving thing?

Haha

Porotos con riendas y pipeño con chirimoya
UMA DELICIA

That's called a staub, it's a tiny little French cast iron pot thing, they come with lids and is like 90$ for 3

I could do without that much stock desu.

If my chicken and waffles came out with green onions that shit would be sent back immediately.

Agreed. Don't retard out on garnish. It's supposed to compliment the meal not be a decoration.

How pretentious.

>ahhhh vegetables

some Hungarian goulash i made semi-recently
it was fire

>phoneposting
>sideways image
not even once, I guess

some cherry cheesecake cookies I did the other day, however I didn't take a picture after baking because I was lazy and left the dough out too long, it over proofed and the cookies came out huge and puffy and ugly.

Mediterranean style meatballs... lamb, chopped dried fig, onion, coriander, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, egg, panko bread crumbs, balsamic vinegar.

fry em up

I made a creamy gravy with pan drippings and mushrooms and served with egg noodles and sauteed kale on the side. 10/10

actually I think thyme instead of oregano, or maybe both. it's ground, I can't remember.

Blackberry cake with cheese creamfrosting.
seriouseats.com/recipes/2017/08/blackberry-cake-recipe.html

I am quite proud of this one because, other than the fact that it tasted great and I spent a lot of time cleaning those damn berries to avoid the taste of seeds, I did the cream on top myself with even the cheese being made by me, the frosting alone is worthy of making it into ice-cream.

Too bad it looks like something a child would make in school

where did you get minced lamb? it's hard to come by ...

I don't bake for Instagram

>10/10
You don't get to rate your own food. As a penalty the score is now subtracted to 0/10.

I'm basically a master chef

where do you live? I live in flyoverland USA but they have it at all the grocery stores.

I'm the only one who tasted it, and they were really really good meatballs. why don't you make them yourself and come back and let me know what you thought?

I don't like the presumptuousness of putting powdered sugar on top of everything. Some people won't want that on their chicken. I am one of those people.

Yeah, that middle sentence really dragged on.

You "feel like" you can see it?

Sounds like it would taste amazing.

Why'd you put powdered sugar on top though? Seems a bit excessive when you have a cream cheese frosting.

I've never been prouder

A forced suggestion I received, just for aesthetics, it does, if you don't filter the blueberries it does not take much to make but the good taste remains for less than a week. Not that it spoils is just not the same.

That's something I got to cook one day, we tend to cook meat by only adding spices, nothing like that.

That could in no way be classified as "frying".

There's a whole lot less there than you think, I just spoon it around the rim of the grits just for looks

stfu u arrogant niggercunt before i come to ur home and spray that family with my ruger real quick

looks good senpai

that's quite aggressive, PM me we can work this ou t.

any butcher worth his salt will mince you a cut of lamb if you ask him, while you're at it, ask him to mince a specific cut of beef for you, that way, your mince is coming from one cow and not what could potentially be the meat of 100 cows smashed together

What is wrong with absorbing the souls of 100 cows at once?

originally required original text to facilitate the posting of an image as reference

have you ever stepped foot in a kitchen in your life?

>t. professional food critics

Same. Green onion flavor won't work with waffles for me, although I'd take one bite to confirm it before sending it back.

I thought about it for a couple minutes. I would like the taste and appearance of a citrus zest garnish on chicken and waffles.

If you had ever actually tried it before, you would know you really wouldn't.

Mash kidney beans, milk fat (clarified 2 lbs of butter at work and kept the spoils) and smoked andouille sausage. Garnished with crystal hot sauce.
Like all cajun food, it tasted way better than it looked

Lol I meant to say milk fat polenta cakes

Telling me what I like is a neat idea. Have a nice day.

this taco burrito

>Complains about people sharing
>expects an OP to post a photo with no context, surely killing the thread before it starts
>Whines that others share photos and personal stories that invite conversation
>Contributes nothing
Kys. People in the real world don't Care about you or what you have to say so you're here hating on others. Disgusting.

Hungarian goulash is awesome. It's a shame that the term goulash in the US has come to mean a mish-mash casserole of random crap.

>chicken and waffles

What a stupid meal

Fuck off, gigantic faggot.

Staub is a brand, not a specific pot.

Chicken thighs marinated in Santa Teresa 1796 rum and Saskatoon berry preserve. Had to use up the sprouts.

Looks great, that's a big plate of food though. What I would do is cut the waffle into quarters and serve half of it on each plate. You could clean up the presentation this way. But that looks great man I'd order and eat that for sure.

came here to post this.
personally i would alternately layer the waffle quarters and chicken tenders, and serve the syrup in a ramekin

I know. That specifically is a staub.

Those aren’t tenders. We get in whole locally pasture raised organic chickens and break them down and keep the airline cut for the breasts.

Now normally we’d just put our commodity 6oz breast that we use for sandwiches on there, but one of the new guys cut up a whole fucking 600 pan of our local airline breasts in half. So the chicken that was on that waffle was particularly nice.

Needless to say, when Chef found out about the organic breasts being cut in half he lost his shit in a way I’ve never seen before.