I'm not a big [insert food, snack, condiment or beverage] guy

>I'm not a big [insert food, snack, condiment or beverage] guy

i don't snack. i ust like to eat one or two meals in a day

Not so into fast food, snack foods or condiments. Kinda strikes me as lazy fatty shit, and I don't want to be a lazy fatty. So I just avoid that shit. I don't think it tastes all that good anyways.

4 U

came in here to post this

dumb frogposter

I don't like what Americans think of when they think "ham," that sugar cured spiral cut bullshit or worse lunchmeat. prosciutto is great, salame and spicy coppa and Iberico ham even, all delicious.
American ham a shit.

as an american, you're right, and most of the reason you're right is the sheer quantity of preservatives, especially sulfur-based preservatives, that gets injected into the ham

Is it really that bad?

it's disgusting, lasts forever but it's disgusting. Maybe it's intended to avoid spice, but they replace that with the wonderful pungency of rotten eggs

yeah, most supermarket-tier cold cuts are absolute shit
they taste awful, are pretty unhealthy and aren't cheap enough to make up for it
truly the plebbiest of foods

Maybe you should try a real cured ham.

I've had pretty good cured ham on holidays, but it seems to accept flavors from other ingredients (honey, seasoning, other foods) rather than having much flavor on its own like chicken or steak or even other cuts of pork

yeah. i'm american and in my experience american meat is usually marinaded and american marinades are full of lime juice and brown sugar. if you get someone to cook you up any meat really, it either tastes sweet or was just a hunk of cooked critter with nothing done to it.

I agree with this. Also American.

I like some marinades, but a lot are shitty and don't really penetrate the thick cuts used in America anyways. I know it's supposed to be juicer, and maybe it is, but I think the asians had it right when they slice everything thin and then marinate and season. It's just much more flavorful.

olives. i've tried so hard to like them. stuffed olives, olive tapenade, different colored olives. just hate the taste

>I think the asians had it right when they slice everything thin and then marinate and season. It's just much more flavorful.

Chink here.

The only reason you think it's more "flavorful" is because it's fucking cheap, shit meat full of salt, sugar, MSG, and our ancient secret.... baking soda.

Fucking dumb white people who have never cooked with baking soda thinks our food is the fucking greatest... when in reality, baking soda is used on shitty, tough meats to chemically denature the proteins.

Stop relying on salt for "flavor."

High quality foods like sushi and good beef should taste "flavorful" without you dumping a pound of seasonings on it.

Im not a big 'chicken' guy. Never really liked it. Its full of bones, rubbery fat and ventricles. Its also dry and tasteless unless you put sauce or salt on it.

I'm not a big beer guy

I'm not a big deer guy.

I'm not a big queer guy

I'm not a big guy

For you

Your'e a big guy to me user

im a big snack guy

For me, it's ketchup, the worst condiment.

Too sweet and vinegary. Barely even has much of a tomato flavor. Just tastes like vinegar and sugar. Absolute trash

calamari is a big no for me.

no I don't care, its not happening fuck you

Vodka. I only drink it in Bloody Mary's which I rarely drink.

This, why does everybody worship ketchup as some sort of ultimate, holy condiment?

in the liquor department for me it's definitely whiskey, scotch, and brandy. I also don't like spiced rum. something about the sweetness makes it so unappetizing. I drink mostly gin and tequila.

People pass me ketchup automatically cause it's just assumed I want some and when I say I don't like ketchup I get a reaction like I'd just said I'm into necrophilia or something

I know that feel, I get that with a lot of food I don't really like

Chinkposter is absolutely right. The japs got it all figured out. Flavor in meat comes from fat. That is fact. Anyone eating Lean meat is a fucking retard that eats tasteless shit.

What I mean by the japs got it right is that their beef, Wagyu A1 beef, is the best you can get on this blue earth because the way the cow's fat intersect intimately with the meat is nearly unearthly. How they managed to breed such a magnificent beasties unknown to me, but someone somewhere did their eugenics real fucking good

That's not true though. Maybe you're eating at places that use MSG, shitty meat, and tons of garbage, but a lightly marinated meat that is cut into chunks will have better penetration than a big one left whole.

>How they managed to breed such a magnificent beasties unknown to me, but someone somewhere did their eugenics real fucking good

It's actually really fucking simple. They focused on breeding for meat quality alone, whereas most beef cattle worldwide are bred for rapid/large growth as the primary concern as opposed to meat quality. The meat is a lot more expensive due to this but it's not hard to figure out how it was done.

You take that back bitch. Sugar cured ham is the tits.

fuck ketchup, that shit is for retards

I have trouble with a lot of sweet things.

I like bananas, I like the taste of grapefruits, and I like the taste of pluots, but everything else is basically Satan.

Why is the texture of fruit so disgusting? Why do they all taste so sickeningly sweet?

I also can't stand liquorice and things with artificial sweeteners.

American storebought cakes also make me want the sweet release of death.

>Sugar cured ham is the tits.
Damn right it is. But most of the ham in our shops isn't cured the old school way. Instead it's injected with flavored water.

What's sad is that America used to have a very strong tradition for country hams. Even Escoffier wrote about how good they were--and you know that's saying something when that snooty bastard talked about them.

Alas there really aren't very many sources for good cured hams anymore. You'd be very lucky to find one in a deli. Thankfully they are easy to mail-order these days. Benton's, Johnston County, etc, all have great hams. Benton's is an especially good deal--even with shipping included you can get a whole ham for roughly half what you'd pay for Boar's Head at the deli counter.