What is it that people like about Japanese cuisine? Is there anything objectively good about the way it tastes...

What is it that people like about Japanese cuisine? Is there anything objectively good about the way it tastes? What's so special about fish, algae and rice? Please enlighten me.

It's subtle and simple most of the time. Tastes good.
Also a lot of the rest of their most popular foods are deep fried.

The food tastes good, simple as that. And it certainly doesn't hurt to get the stereotypical perfectionist mentality involved either.

I don't see how it's any different than any other cuisine though--they all have some gems and they all have some turds.

It's good but overrated in my opinion.

I much prefer "home style" Japanese cooking than what's offered in Japanese restaurants in the West. Not trying to be pretentious or anything but I can say the same thing about Chinese food too.

There's already a nip good thread.
Learn to use the catalog, newfriend.

Sorry, I'll make more pickle rick threads next time.

People selectively breeding cats like that ought to have their fucking hands chopped off.

Best Japanese cuisine without fish? I hate seafood but love Japs

It's called a munchkin and they don't have any health problems. Not yet at least.

They can walk, run, and jump just as normally as other cats.

Shut the fuck up you stupid drooling retard. HURR WHY PEOPLE LIKE JAPANESE FOOD?? WHY PEOPLE LIKE RICE AND FISH AND FRIED CHICKEN???? HMMM I DUNNO
what the fuck do you think the answer is you manchild

Touched a nerve there?
I just made a question, and would like some input. If you're not going to contribute to the discussion at least have the decency to not act like a complete retard.

(You)

Japanese cuisine is mostly picking the best ingredients and preparing it in a very precise way.

The quality of meats and vegetables that get a pass in America wouldn't be served in a Japanese restaurant. An American chef would say "this steak has a lot of gristle, but who cares? My dumbass customer won't notice." A Japanese chef would say "this steak has a lot of gristle, I'd never serve it." Or they'd trim off the gristle.

There's nothing special about it. They're just more careful.

Food is 90% subjective. To me it is good.

but that cat is drinking Korean milk you mong

Tastes great
Good mouthfeel
Fresh ingredients
Succulent tastes
Watching it being made by a trained pro is fantastic

>They can walk, run, and jump just as normally as other cats.
Bullshit.

Literally a lie

umami mouthfeel
freshest ingredients
its all there

lolwut?
their backs are fucked
have you seen them run?
you should be shot

I cant even imagine how weeb you are if you believe this

Fun fact. I work in a Japanese restaurant in Japan. When the chef asks me to cook western style foods for a customer he always always gives me the cheapest, shittiest ingredients.

Ex. This guy wants steak. Here cook western style. He handed me a piece of chuck steak that had already been scored by the grocery store. Make some sauce to he says as he hands me some molding onions, mushy mushrooms and a withered eggplant.

Please use this ebi for a tasting menu. I bought it 4 days ago and it smells. Please make western style.

Please use this brown lettuce for make green salada.

I feel likes he's comparing a cheap American restaurant with fine dining Japanese.

There's idiots and cheapskates in every culture. In Japan it's rude to call people out on their bullshit. Hence we don't often hear about their downsides.

The grass is always greener.

This or he's baiting

He's probably trying to tell you to fuck off or kill yourself

>Please use this brown lettuce for make green salada.

does he think you're a fucking magician?

Glorious Japanese food is folded 1000 times

I'm pretty confident it's both. The owner went above him and hired me. He switches between happy and super pissy.

To be fair. It's the most requested item despite not being on the menu. They really love Americans. The most common menu item is jaga cheese. It's a boiled potato. Cut into 6 pieces. Then baked with mozzarella. And some soy sauce and lettuce on top. They feel Americans eat that everyday. Easy 12 bucks.