Why don't you shop at a grocery outlet store?

Why don't you shop at a grocery outlet store?

Other urls found in this thread:

extremebargains.net/discount-grocery-store-directory/
groceryoutlet.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because I shop at a Bodega Box

Because I'm not poor

Do they sell shit that is about to go out of date?

No, it's mostly overstock and discontinued brands.

>Neopets cereal

That shit is over a decade old, user.

i cultivate my own food.

This looks like the same shit as a gut truck you see on Army bases
Basically a mobile snack and quick food vendor

Occasionaly I visit one on the shitty side of town to see if they get anything good. A good place to get higher-dollar products and brands for a good price. And if there's something I've wanted to try out at my usual grocery store but didn't want to pay for it, I'll get it at the outlet to see if it's worth it. For example, tried out almond butter from the outlet grocery and determined it was overhyped dogshit without spending $8 for a jar of it at kroger.

Biglots? They always have very nice sweets.

I can just picture you walking to the other side of town, buying a jar of almond butter with coins you saved up and anxiously spreading it on some toast at home. Takes a bite, I am dissapoint.

Almost every week. Usually pick up the staples. Then i get the cheap ass snacks but you learn what to avoid, the produce can be fucked up. Picked up some decent frozen pizzas for two bucks.

Have you considered the possibility that this is not a recent picture?

The place I go to is actually a salvage outlet grocery, but Big Lots is great too.

I buy off brand chips at Ocean State Job Lot, sometimes they even have name brand soda.
I remember buying a bag of popcorn from Building 19. It was like a normal chip bag except 4x as long. Ate that salty popcorn till I had canker sores.

I sometimes go to the Gross Out, but I like WinCo and Cash & Carry better.

This is pretty much what happened

Dying for a winco, cash and carry is tight, hate costco because all the fucking hicks come down and marvel at it like its the second coming

>building 19

:(

I worked in one of their distribution warehouses in shipping and receiving for a while. Worst job I've ever had, gave me the impetus to go back to school.

Also, yes.

I pretty much never go there anymore, but I started cooking a fuck ton more, so I don't buy much prepackaged food. Although today I got sick, so emergency Campbell's chicken noodle and grilled cheese for me. Tomorrow is oyster po boys and potato leek soup, so woohoo.

Because WinCo is just 6 miles past it

>3 for $2
>OR 1 for $7
what the fuck

from hawaii and went to school in oregon
winco is the absolute best, the prices are crazy cheap, and they sell quality goods.
i think more stores would be better off on the whole "cash/debit only" and "bag your own shit" if it means that prices will be at that much of a discount

it's per case not box
a case probably has maybe 12, but all of the same cereal. so you can get a bunch of the same for cheaper than mixing

And I miss that disgusting cereal every day.

I do, but I shop at every store in town.

Grocery outlet for rice/beans/milk

Dollar store for eggs and candy

Safeway for meats, bread, and cheese

Health food store for any good deals on veggies and/or fruit in season

None nearby.

Because I'm fucking lazy and Wegmans has surprisingly good prices. Also, cereal is a meme, stop overpaying for sugar oats, just buy oats.

Yes... mine sells still that about to go out of date and some stuff that is already expired. There is a lot of frozen stuff that is "out of date". Sometimes they will take fresh items that are about to expire like hot dogs and freeze them just before the expiration date and sell them as a frozen food for another few months.

Sometimes I see yogurt on sale (8 containers for a dollar) that is a couple weeks out of date. I'm not brave enough to try that though.

Here's a list of outlet stores if anyone wants to see if there is one nearby

extremebargains.net/discount-grocery-store-directory/

thank you for this

Picture is not a Grocery Outlet store, though it may be some other outlet of groceries. their website is groceryoutlet.com if you want to really find a store. Extreme Bargains is a good place to find outlet stores, especially if you are not on the West coast, but there are a lot of "salvage" stores in there, so beware!

>some shitty west coast chain using the word "outlet" as a marketing term

that's not what this thread is about

Oh but I do. They have bacalhau and dry chorizo near their "expiration" date, hahahaha what a joke the fucking idiots giving me cheap food that can't expire.

Yogurt is a great one actually because the starter cultures will keep bad spoiling bacteria at bay. Yogurt is technically milk spoiled in a particular way on purpose so it's risk of "going bad" is fairly low. Simple rules for expiration dates
>If it's fermented
>If it's dry cured
>If it's frozen
>If it's salt cured
>If it's canned
Then the expiration date doesn't mean jack shit except that the store has arbitrarily decided they need to get rid of the product and write it off as shrink.

Oh look a shitty excuse for a bodega.

Doesn't come with the bodega cat or the vibe of a bodega

Bodega box shills please leave.

I worked at a grocery outlet for like 3 years. It's a good place to pick up your organic/gluten free/meme items that can be really expensive normally. They do get good brands like Kashi, Annie's, Newman's Own, etc but almost nothing in the store will be in stock regularly which customers seemed to have a hard time understanding. As others said the produce can be hit/miss but the deli at the one I worked at was actually really good. We would often have nice brands of yogurt and I'd see a lot of the same cheese we carried at Railey's for 2-3x as much.

You read that news article too? Cool.

You decided to parrot the shit within it? Sheep. That's you. Sheep. I doubt you've even visited a bodega.

kek. I was thinking the same thing.

Because I don't buy much in the way of the kinds of products they sell. I usually stay away from convenience and ready to eat foods. I buy ingredients and make food out of them, and those places aren't so good for that.

While that does save money, WinCo's biggest advantage is the way they buy their products. Most stores have the product delivered by the vendor, either to a central DC or straight to the store. WinCo actually sends its trucks straight to the vendors to get product so they can negotiate a much lower price.