What does Veeky Forums think of Genghis Grill?

If you've never been, the best I can describe it is a raw buffet line. You pay a fixed price for a bowl, and how much food you get comes down to how much you can stuff the fuck out of your bowl with raw ingredients. Then they cook it and add whatever base you wanted (rice, noodles/vegetables). Even if you're modest with it, you typically get full with a small bowl ($10.50) and if you want to try to fatty fat person build an insanely overstuffed bowl to take stuff home, it doesn't cost extra except perhaps a few judging glances.

It's decent and a nice change of pace from other Asian cuisine options in that you have more control over what you eat, but you're usually paying a little extra for it.

isn't that just normal mongolian bbq?

The ingredients at Genghis Grill were way higher quality than HuHot's (similar concept chain) last time I went to one.

I don't know m8, flyover here so Genghis is the only mongolian barbecue in the area.

I went over the weekend and was pleasantly surprised. I wonder how much it costs to franchise one of them.

>long description

You mean a Mongolian barbecue?

(Although it really should be called Taiwanese teppan)

Are you one of those fat bearded men who live with their mom and masturbate with stuffed animals saying they are your girlfriend and only eat foreign foods? It is fine if you are and I don't mean any offense by asking this.

I like Mongolian grills. It's a fun change of pace and I can make my dinner as healthy or unhealthy as I want.

God Americans are so lucky with their food options, uk is so grim in comparison. No wonder you guys are fat cunts

I've always thought it was way overpriced for what you get. Some of my friends have techniques for cramming more into the bowl but honestly it's a rip off especially if you want a lot of veggies.

I like it, makes me feel like a chef. The meal is as good or bad as you decided to make it.

IIRC mixed vegetables is a base option that doesn't get put in your bowl. I don't know if that wasn't always the case.

Depends on the restaurant. Some have a flat fee, some go by weight, and some are flat with a surcharge over a certain limit.

>mfw a person I know gets nothing but vegetables in her bowl cause she's "vegan".

In all honesty, why the fuck would you go to Genghis Grill in the first place if you're vegan. Makes no fucking sense.

Yeah, why bother at that point?

I've seen one of these in Dublin so there should be one in the UK.

when they had the bottomless bowl for like $14 it would be worth it but it's incredibly overpriced now

Nice numbers friend. And I don't remember there being a bottomless bowl; guess I started going there after it was already removed.

>Are you one of those fat bearded men who live with their mom and masturbate with stuffed animals
God, no. I put the stuffed animals on the floor before I masturbate so they can't see. I'm not a SICKO.

To spend time with friends you tard

You guys have those munchie box things don't you though?

Never been too a Genghis Grill location before, never heard of it even. When I lived in Michigan there were some BD's Mongolian BBQ chain restaurants around but the nearest one was like an hour's drive for me.

Now I live in Los Angeles and there are little independent Mongolian BBQ places all over. Most of them are all you can eat too, for between $10-$15 a person. The sauces usually aren't as varied as they were at BD's but the end results are still tasty. Ingredient quality can vary too but most are good, they all usually have 4 meats (beef, pork, chicken and lamb, sometimes duck) plus shrimp and tofu and a ton of veggies.

In alaska the going rate is $13.95, but it's all you can eat and includes a salad bar, soft-serve icecream and a more traditional chinese buffet.

Oh and two soup options and sushi (which I discommend)

Ate at a setup like that in Okinawa once. Tasted fantastic. I went through the line 3 times.

My brother used to love going to this place and I give it a shot on multiple occasions. The idea is sound but I never felt the quality was there.

oh my god I fucking love these, I wish I had one near me. All we got is korean bbq and it is not even close to a mongolian bbq

Is that the Finnish restaurant?

/int/ memes hardly work on Veeky Forums

I didn't know there was a chain. The Mongolian grills I've been to were all local one-offs.

Genghis grill went out of business in my city. The local Khan's Grill remains supreme.

Pretty good, though this pic seems of better quality than the one I have locally. The local one isn't a chain, just a mom n pop buffet. All you can eat. I find it's pretty good if you know how to cook somewhat. If someone goes there that doesn't know how to cook at all, they end up putting something terrible together and hating the experience.

>healty

Had one in my town but it closed a few years back. Fucking loved the place

>Mongolian barbecue (Chinese: 蒙古烤肉; pinyin: Měnggǔ kǎoròu) is a stir fried dish that was developed in Taiwanese restaurants beginning in the early 1950s.[1] Meat and vegetables are cooked on large, round, solid iron griddles at temperatures of up to 300 °C (572 °F). Despite its name, the cuisine is not Mongolian, and is only loosely related to barbecue.[2][3][4][5]

>halberd

We have a Mongolian restaurant in my city.
All the staff have Down's syndrome.

Oh fug

normal mongolian bbq charges you by weight, instead of a bowl being a fixed price, so it always ends up costing some unreasonable amount

I'd get mongo bb much more often if the places in my city were fixed-price

The local grill I went to in college had cheat sheets on the buffet with notes on how to mix the spices, sauces and oils with different ingredients.

They recently opened a location in my area. I worked in a college dining hall with a stir-fry station that consistently held a line throughout the shift. It was a bit of a pain dealing with the Mongolian grill, but the options were great. I am looking for an opportunity for my family to eat there since we range from meat-eaters to light-eaters with a vegan on the side (who will only get noodles from the local Chinese restaurant or Panda Express).

dont bother with noodles or rice
just get bowls of meat and veges

Wow. That's nuts. All of the Mogolian BBQ here use a flat rate and all-you-can-eat.

pretty gross. everything reeks of freezer burn.

>Being a vegan and having your friends take you to a place called Genghis Grill
Yeah there's definitely a tard around here

That's unfortunate; I do know they freeze things, but all the times I've been it's been pretty good batch. I mean, even Panera Bread freezes meat and shit. I've had worse quality meat there than at GG

Mongolian BBQ is better.

what the fuck is it now? I was going to go back, but I don't know now. I want to be a piece of shit and eat enough food for a village

>having somebody else cook my food for me
>makes me feel like a chef

If this grill is so "Mongolian" wheres the khorshur, buudz or airig?
I'd love to see them try to serve fermented mares milk tea.

I bet you all pronounce Genghis like it's spelled.
Ask any Mongolian to say it and they will say Chinghis.
I don't know where the fuck the west got "Genghis" from.

I have a Mongolian place about 5 minutes from me that does this but all-you-can-eat for 7 bucks on a lunch special. 10 for dinner but they bring out stuff like scallops and calamari as options.

>Chinghis
>retard pretending that he isn't retarded
It's Chinggis Khaan

Huh
I lived my entire life calling this thing Mogolian grill and the buffet place I go to has one. Shit's great

Are you one of those fat bearded men that only eats party pizzas and frozen foods? You do realize this is a food and cooking board, right? Is it ridiculous that someone knew something about food and cooking?

>what does ck think of dunkin donuts
>coffee shops are better
That's what you sound like

Bubble tea doesn't have bubbles in it either. We're respecting the culture of Taiwan by preserving their terminology.

I like it, there's a new one near me that has added Bonfire branding but I haven't been and don't know how it differs from the normal one. Anyone has the answer?

I like places like this and which wich because you can be pretty autistic and still order. Calling your starch is the only scary part haha

That sucks. I can go to Hu Hot for lunch and it's $10 for as many bowls as I want. I constantly see body builders in there because they can eat like 6 pounds of pure protons for $10.

far better than a vat of cheap meat are the fish markets in korea where you can buy virtually anything freshly caught that day and take it upstairs where restaurants will cook whatever you supply them for a small fee.