Gas > electric coil > induction

Gas > electric coil > induction

Prove me wrong. Protip: you can't

>not cooking your food on a cast iron stove fueled with an aromatic wood.

Is that a pube in the upper right?

lel

Most likely a burnt hair from me, but I don't see it... care to circle it for me?

One thing people forget is you can still eat with a gas stove if your power is kill during a storm, by candle / flashlight.

This. I had a weird brown out last year, where there was only 120v coming from the power points instead of 240v.
I had home made fish sticks on the oven, which I was able to finish in the pan. The food would have been ruined if I had an electric cook top.

My parents have an electric stove at home. When I moved out my new place had a gas range.
Every time I go back home and try to cook on the electric I always end up undercooking shit and fucking up the food because electric is shit at head distribution. My parents keep blaming my cooking but it's just their shitty electric unit. I will never be able to go back to electric.

So what is your reasoning for coil being better than induction?

No. It looks like the dark outline of a liquid spill that disappears under the shadow of the metal grate and reappears with a sharp contrast that fools the eye into it reading as a hair. It's still a semi-gross stovetop that hasn't been cleaned for a while.

Mostly nostalgia, but I also feel like I have slightly better control on coil vs induction.

That... looks remarkably like a pube. I have no explanation for it.

doesn't coil stoves explode?

Looks like the outline of a stain, something that spilled there and when (if...?) you cleaned it the burned outer edges didn't wipe away like the middle part.

>slightly better control than instant heat

What you mean to say is that you are used to the arbitrary numbers on the dials. Induction is superior to coil in every conceivable way aside from certain cookware not working on it.

Just checked, and you are correct. You can see the rest of the outline above it.

I have bias and will freely admit this. There is no way that you can convince me that induction is better than coil.

Gas is still best tho

A lot of stains just dry that way with dark edges. Something with physics about diffusion and water molecule surface tension or some shit.

Confirmed is not pube

this is now a pube detective thread

Do induction coils have relay switches that click the heat on and off to maintain a "constant" temperature? If yes, then those suck. Shitty electric coil burners (when new) are better because the resistance of the thick metal coil retains heat so well that temperature changes are gradual. True test of a cook surface is how well it performs with a thin, shitty pot.

It is an important, yet unappreciated kitchen role.

Thank goodness! For a moment I thought it was dirty.

>Do induction coils have relay switches that click the heat on and off to maintain a "constant" temperature?

No they use FUCKING MAGNETS to heat your pan from the inside out. You are not putting your cookware on a hot surface to transfer heat through it but are instead heating the cookware directly. There are also 0 hotspots with induction unlike coil elements.

They are faster, safer, more efficient and easier to clean than coil.

No, it's definitely dirty. Stray pubes are an order of magnitude dirtier. That's the arbitrary line of uncleanliness 99% of people will not cross, rendering all food prepared in the area inedible.

Someone can't read sarcasm.

>people would suck on a dick no problem but if one pube from that dick got near their food its a biohazard

Ok. So how is the voltage regulated? Also, is the surface glass? Glass always gets all scratched up and people get all spergy about using and cleaning them to minimize that.

I'm not trying to achieve deeper levels of sarcasm.

It's true though. Ask anyone you know. People just don't like unexpected pubes near their food.

But I love unexpected pubes near my food

There's pluses and minuses to each method. I've yet to hear of somebody shit getting blown up because they let the induction burner on.

>because the resistance of the thick metal coil retains heat so well that temperature changes are gradual

This is precisely what makes electric hobs shit. The big advantage of gas is that you get instant response - crank the dial up and the temperature immediately raises, turn it off and it will fall. There are two crimes a hob can commit - taking a long time to get hot, and staying hot after you turn it down. Electric is guilty of both because its response is slow as fuck.

>True test of a cook surface is how well it performs with a thin, shitty pot

No, the true test of a cook surface is the precision and responsiveness of its temperature control. The hob isn't there to make up for your shitty cookware, if you want stable temperatures then spend a little bit of money on a decent thick-bottomed pan.

As do I, my friend. The nearer and more unexpected the pube, the more exhilarating the dining experience becomes.

Who's even arguing this?

>There are also 0 hotspots with induction unlike coil elements
sorry, but as much as I love induction there ARE hotspots. You can see the ring-shaped zone where the bottom of the cookware is heated very distinctly. I even have a non-stick pan with a light grey interior coating that has a permanent slightly brownish ring on its bottom from the heat of the induction coil.

This, 100%.

>>The hob isn't there to make up for your shitty cookware, if you want stable temperatures then spend a little bit of money on a decent thick-bottomed pan.
Especially this. Thin and thick pans are different tools for different jobs. You choose a thin pan when you need the ability to respond rapidly to temperature changes. You choose a thick one when you need stability.

Is there a single soul that would argue that gas isn't the best?

I don't like arguing. Almost every discussion on this site is in a dorky argumentative format. It feels sad and impotent to me. Did you make this thread to try to talk to people in the form of a debate because people wouldn't respond here otherwise? You know what always makes me feel kind of sad? I'm a thread-killer. You, know, like I just type like a regular person would speak to other regular people and then the thread gets abandoned out of boredom. Yeah, gas is pretty cool.

its called a bbq go, also what youre saying isnt even necessarily true because a lot of gas lines have electronic solenoids that fail closed

If you think electric coil is better than a modern induction (from 2010 or later) you're a retard and need to kill yourself.

I have access to both a modern flat-top electric (non-induction) and a 2016 induction range.

The induction is more energy efficient which I don't really care about (my electric costs are already really low anyway), and it heats up faster. I like that, especially when I am needing to boil a big pot.

On the other hand, the induction still has its annoyances:
1) limited to what kind of cookware you can use on it
2) annoying auto-shut-off whenever I go to toss food or move a pan.
3) the heat settings aren't sufficiently precise. I'll often have a situation where one number is too low but switching to the next power setting is too hot.

I don't think one is a clear winner over the other. I often find myself using one of them but wishing I had the other.

I do agree that coil electric can go fuck itself. They're a hassle to keep clean. But strangely, my old coil electric range that I threw out when I got the flat-top electric was more powerful. It would boil my big pasta pot much faster than the flat-top electric does.

>was more powerful
that's a fault of yours for replacing it with a less powerful induction top.

You can get induction cooktops with 14,000W of power. But most lower end induction tops found in home kitchens will have maybe ~7.5kW or 10kW total power split among all the burners.

Induction is 100% better if you're willing to pay up for the better shit. Good induction rivals even the best gas hobs, it just depends what your budget is. If you've got $5,000-10,000 to blow on an oven/range i'd probably go for a Capital Culinarian or similar high end gas hob setup. But if I didn't have gas available a nice high end Induction top can cost similar amounts and deliver similar functionality.

>that's a fault of yours for replacing it with a less powerful induction top.
Reading comprehension bro. I said that the COIL electric was more powerful than the flat-top electric. That particular comment had nothing to do with induction whatsoever.

And, since you brought up power, they are both of equal power rating. The difference is that a coil can transfer the heat more efficiently than a flat-top electric because there is less material between the heating element and the pot.

>COIL electric was more powerful than the flat-top electric

There is Coil electric then there are flat top electric which use INDUCTION.

Therefore saying the comment had NOTHING to do about induction is retarded. Flat top IS induction.

>Flat top IS induction.
No, user, it's not.
You have coil electric. You have flat-top electric (Non-induction). And you have induction. There are three different options here. I was discussing a comparison between the non-inductive ones.

Did you completely miss how I clearly referred to the two differently?
>flat-top electric (non-induction) and a 2016 induction range.

I even wrote out "non induction" and you still think I'm talking about induction for some silly reason?
Get your ass back to remedial English class, foolio.