The perfect ham doesn't exi

>the perfect ham doesn't exi..

I probably ate like 10lbs of ham in Barcelona

it makes deli ham look like chum

Your repeating digits speak the truth

Went to Spain and jamon serrano was everywhere. Even a country gas station in the middle of nowhere has a leg or two. It's quite good, but it's expensive and never quite enough, especially when you're accustomed to American portion sizes.

Jamon de iberico es numero uno
Of course you want more its salty, umami/meat flavor that melts like butter on the tongue. I spent 14 days eating my way across northern spain. You will never have your full of that food.

you don't need as much of it though. you can make a sandwich with a couple slices . it is definitely expensive though

You went to Basque right please say you went to Basque.

i don't think anyone ever actually has said the words "the perfect ham doesn't exist"
that would be a retarded thing to talk about

Yes. Lived with a host family there outside of San Sebastian then ate my way through burgos, Leon, Santiago de compestella, and Gijon then back to Basque land

Sounds amazing I just spent a week between bilbao and san sebastian

its like 10 times more in the US compared with spain however.

why is jamon so damn expensive in the States?

isn't there anyone mass producing this shit in some fly over state?

>you can make a sandwich with a couple slices
This. When something is so good that a small amount of it satisfies you know you're dealing with really good stuff.

this shouldn't be allowed to be called ham.

>why is jamon so damn expensive in the States?
Import costs

>isn't there anyone mass producing this shit in some fly over state?
It's called country ham and from what I can tell the only difference is the breed of pig used.

Trip trips checked

It was. Pulpo Gallegos was a favorite dish. Fabadas de Asturias was really good too, Burgos' cochinillo asado was absolutely top tier, fuck I want to go back.

>only difference is the breed of pig used

I think it's the diet as well. If I remember correctly, in europe those hogs raised for prosciutto and jamon are fed a diet high in acorns.

would throw at Muslims

jamon de york has its uses too, my man

Spain has hands down the best cuisine in the world.So much variety and everything is delicious.Fuck even the Spanish omelette is a fucking masterpiece.No wonder they have the best restaurants in the world