Limburger cheese

What does Veeky Forums think of Limburger? Do they like it at all? How ripe should it be, at what age is it the best? Any creative uses?

is this like the limburg baby or something?

I remember trying it once when I was 6. It smelled terrible and tasted strange, so I spit it out. I'd give it another try these days if I had the chance.

I find it amusing how middle americans (wisconsinites especially) go crazy over limberger, the only explanation I can think of is that they've never actually encountered a cheese with a strong smell before that

You kids are probably too young to remember this but it reminds me of when people from culturally deprived areas would just yap nonstop about how Fat Tire beer was the second coming, I guess if you live your life in a sensory deprivation chamber, your first exposure to a sensation must be overwhelming

Limburger is smaller than that. Where did you find this pic?

"Hey guys, look how worldly and wise I am" the post

"Mommy the mean man is making me feel uncultured": the post

turn it into an obazdn

I used to make it for my late grandparents

"Hey guys, I'm the most condescending cunt online right now" the post

>right now

Also should have a redder/more orange rind, kinda like the Donalds face color.

Good choice.

I like to make some "salad" from it.
>Cut into slices (you gotta try around a bit, until you find the right thickness that works with such soft cheeses)
>make a dressing from 2 parts oil (cold pressed rapesee works well), 1 part vinegar (something non-fancy, i.e. no balsamico)
>salt, pepper
>fresh onion rings
>maybe add some slices of hard blood sausage
>mix, eat with bread and a thick layer of butter
Just don't go on a date afterwards or something, unless she has a halitosis fetish

>Any creative uses?

Throw it out and get some Morbier, pleb.

That is a tavern treat right there.

I personally love Limburger. I put that stuff all over my sandwiches, parmesan crisps, etc... I prefer it to be a little bit past ripe because I like the 'sharper' taste. I highly recommend and do try it, even though its smell might be a little off-putting at first encounter.

I get made to feel like shit every time I bring up that Fat Tire is a solid "drinkable" beer (meaning emphasis on clarity and mildness).
You're borderline blogging with how smug and pretentious this post is, but I felt like commenting that I've never seen Fat Tire anywhere but the margins of beer awareness, yet I know of Limberger's popularity among middle-brow cheese folk.

> ______ is a solid "drinkable" beer
Who's being pretentious now?

Uh, you?

Does anyone else find that Brie smells like cum? I can't get past that.

Nigga you got mold in your nuts

Have some self-awareness my man. I don't faint-praise beers to show how gallant I am towards my inferiors. In fact, I unironically enjoy "I guess pretty much drinkable watery piss swill that I'd probably deign to session, if I couldn't get my hands on real beer"

Sharper definitely isn't the word you're looking for here. Pungent is a more accurate description. Sharpness refers to an acidic tangy bite commonly found in cheddar. There should be very little sharpness in a washed rind cheese, just a salty, earthy, pungency a bit like the smell of decay.

>How ripe should it be, at what age is it the best?
Like pretty much any other cheese it's not ripe enough if it doesn't run away on its own and you have to hunt it down with a shotgun.

>this amount of butthurt
You need counseling, dude.

Not him but it didn't sound like he was acting that way at all. It sounds like he's saying it's good even if it's not the best. Did you forget how to have a conversation?

Sometimes cheese can get a smell that almost like bleach, that's why. It's supposed to happen more with cheese that's wrapped tightly in plastic and hasn't been able to breathe. Try putting it in a looser wrapper to let fresh air get to it or let it sit out of the wrapper for an hour before eating.

It's a good beer for introducing people to beer for the first time imo. He basically said it's just inoffensive. You don't have to be pretentious to say thay

You're either out of touch or you're beerfags in denial

Imagine if someone made you dinner, and asked how is it, and you said "edible"

Assuming you're not fully autismo, I think you know how that sounds

Beerfags say "drinkable" when they mean "it's shit" but they want to sound down to earth

not a good cheese too bitter.