Stuff you would never pay for. WTF it's chili powder, cumin, onion and garlic powder and salt. Mix your own

Stuff you would never pay for. WTF it's chili powder, cumin, onion and garlic powder and salt. Mix your own.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/pics/comments/jkc1j/2am_chili/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It takes literally 1 minute of work at my wages to buy a packet of this. Fuck making my own.

If you bought this, throw it out. You can make the same blend with fresh McCormick spices instead.

you niggers will argue about goddam anything

It only seems to work with the ground beef for tacos. It works fine for that in my opinion and you can always get it for like 50 cents a packet and don't have to spend time guesstimating amounts of each spice and hoping you have enough of each one still on hand. When I make steak for tacos or chicken meat, I mix up my own stuff for the meats. Ground beef gets this packet. It's also kid friendly because my daughter can just dump it and some water in and mix away and feel like she is a great help and makes her happy she is doing something and keeps her interested in cooking for now.

someone post that image please

>putting anything in your ground beef for tacos

fucking trash

i wasn't aware reddit put out a cookbook.

is this some generational thing? because i can see & understand why someone who is like 16 or in their early 20s would be all "now THIS is what i call a recipe!" but, as a 33 yr old i can make it about as far as that "like a boss" before i'm ready to abort at any moment and.. i can't make it further than "shake it." i want to bury myself alive jesus and mary wept

So I should pay for chili powder, cumin, onion and garlic powder instead?

It's fine to use those spice mixes, although they're usually a little too salty so low/no salt versions are the best.

The only reason you'd really want to mix your own is if you know that you have a different taste preference, like you don't enjoy cumin as much so you want a mix that doesn't use as much. Or, you're grinding up whole spices which would be fresher and have a bit more flavor.

>basil in chili

they just asked for the infograph on throwing away the spice packet and using the singular spices so I posted it for them. I don't support this.

God, I hate Reddit so much. That's so painful to read. It's like a 13 year old who is on track to become a public meme spewer wrote that. I'm just shocked that there isn't a Family Guy reference in there and comparing one of the veggies to a chick's tit or something.

>minced garlic, diced onion, jalapeno, tomato, salt, pepper, cumin >>> taco mix

t. whit trailer trash

Nope, that's not even reddit-tier. That "like a boss" shit is straight 9gag.

The guy published an actual cookbook full of recipes in that format iirc

My go-to spice combo
>paprika
>garlic powder
>curry powder
Breddy good

Fuck you you're the reason the "white people can't cook" meme is alive and well

I'm pretty sure this shit originated here or maybe 9gag though.
I remember seeing it on this board at least 5 years ago

For me it's
>paprika
>cumin
>crushed garlic

AFAIK even Reddit agreed this shit was godawful.

Leddit is so new that they don't even know that it's 9fag.

it is literally from reddit (6 years ago)
reddit.com/r/pics/comments/jkc1j/2am_chili/

>let me add onion, tomato, lettuce, 3 cheeses, jalapeño, cilantro, spicy carrots, radishes, guacamole, sour cream, and lime juice
>OMG THIS MEAT IS SO UNFLAVORFUL

trash

t. butthurt white trailer trash

I thought we were talking about tacos. Guess not.

and oregano

Ha, I just finished making some seasoned ground beef. Gonna use it for some nachos and use the leftovers for some burritos
Made a roasted habanero, serrano, tomato and tomatillo salsa as well. Seasoned the meat with salt, peppers, garlic, onion, tomato, cilantro and toasted coriander seeds.

are you a retard? Why would I but $20 worth of spice so just use a few spoons of each when I can just buy a premixed pack for 99¢

is this you? don't forget the tzatziki and marmalade, cleetus

You wouldn't dumbass. Any decent cook should already have those spices readilly available in the pantry. That's the damn point.

I'm reading this in like I'm watching the doo dah doo doo song

This image gave me a brain tumor.

mmmm i love plain browned ground beef

But that's chili.

wtf is going here?