Is this seriously a thing?

What the fuck is wrong with the South?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9VvtPm9yoq4
youtube.com/watch?v=H8Iw-j217yk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Beats the yank version: Penis & Coke.

It's penis and pepsi you inbred fuck

Isn't that more out of convenience than anything? Like you are at a ball game so you put the peanuts in your coke rather than having to hold both peanuts and coke.

It's penis and cock

They make koolaid pickles down there too, I'm not a fan of the south.

We had this thread 12 times already.

Do the peanuts get soggy? Do you eat the peanuts?

Lived in New Orleans my whole life, never heard of this myself.

Yes and Yes

I seriously don't know why people think that's so weird. It's not. It's salted peanuts and coke. The saltiness of the nuts complements the sweetnes of the coke, and when you put the peanuts in the bottle, it also makes the peanuts a little softer, and gives the coke a little kick. Although, the coke HAS to be in a glass bottle. It's not as good in plastic. Also works with Dr.Pepper or RC Cola, again, in glass bottles.
Out of the many snacks I've seen people eat, this is probably one of the least offensive. I guess you'd think it was fine if someone was slurping up a bag of Doritos and Mountain Dew?

>I seriously don't know why people think that's so weird.
Because they didn't grow up around it so it looks pretty fucking strange from the outside.

>> I guess you'd think it was fine...
It's not a question of "fine" or not. It's a question of "normal" or not. And for most people worldwide this would seem really strange.

>how can i cram more sugar and salt into body at a faster rate

There's no such thing as "normal". There's "typical", but the notion of normal is a 20th century middle class construct. Before then, everything was based on etiquette.

By eating any other commercial salty snack and any other sugary drink, including fruit juices.

I can imagine it being pretty good, but I'd never try it in case I liked it.

How do you get the peanuts out?

drinking peanuts sounds like a terrible idea to me

>"normal". There's "typical"
You're arguing semantics. Those are synonymous.

The point is that the peanuts-in-coke thing is practiced in parts of the US south but is unheard of elsewhere. Why it would be surprising that, say, a Californian or a Thai or a Frenchman has never heard of it? Every locale has foods that are specific to the region but aren't well known (or is even reviled) elsewhere. Skyline Chili. Chicago style pizza. Salmiak in Scandinavia. Vegemite in Australia. Stinky Tofu in Asia, etc.

fucking lost

You are supposed to drink 8 glasses of peanuts a day.

I am a Californian, and have heard of it. I've eaten it. It may mainly be a southern thing, but it's not only in the south. And, it's still not that strange. People act like pussies.

>not throwing peanut shells all over the floor as you eat them for the aesthetic

It's actually pretty tasty. There's a lot of foods/beverages that are going to sound weird to you, SO FUCKING WHAT? Drink 'em or don;t, but shut the fuck up about it unless you're going to give an actual review of it after trying it.

Fucking pleb.
I thought summer was over?

Their politics, their religious indoctrination, their accent

you eat them

underrated

I don't know whether or not it is a big thing all around the south or just in my area. But freezing pickle juice into serviceable frozen pops is a big thing.

Libturd

On his third year of gender studies, slowly being fed marxist propoganda every year

Just try it, motherfucker.

This gook bitch isn't Southern and she likes it.

youtube.com/watch?v=9VvtPm9yoq4

>their accent
Pfft, talk shit about the South all you want, but a Southern accent is top tier.

youtube.com/watch?v=H8Iw-j217yk

>Eats Planters™ Peanuts mixed with Coca Cola™
>Calls someone a pleb

God bless America

>Land of the Free, Home of the Brave
More like Lard of the Fat, Home of the Flavour Flav

From the South East, never heard of this monstrosity.

I bet you can marinate meat in coke and grill it in a satay sauce.

>These sounds she make when she's drinking the sugar one
I want to hear her having sex.

It's great for a good speaker, but for the average Joe it sucks.

Marinating meat in cola is very common for actual smoked bbq, because it tenderizes the meat nicely. Also for grilling.

>this is what passes for humor in the south
I know you're all mentally 7 but come on

its fucking good

I don't get it myself. You're left with soggy semi-sweet peanuts with all the salt rinsed off and slightly salty coke. Nobody wins.

It's fucking delicious. Use Mrs. Klein's hot pickles. Chop them into chunks and sprinkle tropical punch kool aid mix on it.

Drink it quick.

I've tried it, not a fan. I love coke and I love peanuts. I've eaten them side by side forever. Finally went to try it mixed up and it just ruins the flavor in my opinion.

yanks dont have culture

>not doing the clearly superior RC Cola and a Moon Pie

>not drinking Cheerwine

do you faggots even do the south?

Fuck off Cletus. The only thing rising is your cholesterol levels.

Well have you tried it?

Honey roasted peanuts and Dr. Pepper is what I do

Yeah, I just throw all my food into my drinks, that way I can eat and drink with one hand and use the other to jerk off. Right now I'm drinking a glass of milk with a ham sandwich floating in it.

jokes on you yankee, cletus is my grandpappys name

holy shit Lol

>he's never dipped his grilled cheese or grilled peanut butter sandwich in a glass of milk

You must have had an awful childhood.

I-is that carpet?

Mouthful of salted cashews. Sip of Dr. Pepper. Let the two marinate a few seconds in your mouth. Drink the Dr. Pepper, eat the cashews. Delicious.

This guy gets it.
When I was a kid, I liked the peanuts and coke thing, but now I use cashews or pistachios and sip a DP or RC along with them, letting the flavors swish around for a minute first.

Yup. Anything as long as it's NOT honey roasted. Oh, and macadamia are not welcome for this application.

Why?

Georgian here that never knew about it until I saw it referenced on Veeky Forums many months ago. I have seen Coke bottles used to store dip and sunflower seeds, but have yet to see it with peanuts to be consumed.

Coming from a person in the south, what the fuck

How can the north ever recover??

Those are just the niggers, they don't count.

>dip
>sunflower seeds

i feel like that's unambiguously worse

>Southern accent
>travel to Europe
>all the girls keep asking me to talk so they can hear my accent
>no longer feel at home on Veeky Forums due to lost virginity.

haven't done it lately but did all the time as a kid especially after cropping tobacco. Seriously.

I never let the peanut sit in there long enough to get soggy. Wet Yes. Soggy No.

tha fuck.

>this is what cletus fantasizes of while lying in bed after a rowdy threesome with his first-cousin and his sister

Mock me if you want but my son sits on the Iron Throne.

Stop insulting our culture, you fucking bigot.

I should clarify that they drink it first and THEN use it as a storage receptacle compared with simultaneously drinking the Coke and chewing the peanuts.

VA my whole life, the only time I've ever seen this is when people on the internet say shit like "wtf south?".

It's RC, not Coke.

And it tastes like a Payday.