Wingers

Wingers

Has anyone ever eaten duck wings?

Like specifically prepared the way you would chicken wings? Probably, I think I'd give it a pass though, duck is really rich and I can't imagine a rich sauce on such fatty poultry being anything other than overwhelming

What if the sauce was made to sort of counteract the richness, or at least complement it with another flavor? A sweet and sour kind of deal.

i have.

there is a local tavern that serves duck wings. the sauce was almost like a teriyaki...but with a bite. they aren't bad

Boneless>Flappers>Drummers

boneless ain't wings. them are nuggets, you autistic cockwomble

Duck l'orange comes to mind. Maybe something vinegar or mustard based to cut through the fat. I could also imagine a sauceless duck wing, like a dry rub with some complimentary flavors. I wouldn't know, duck isn't something I cook with often.

Yea, I'm gonna have to back you up. Boneless wings aren't really wings. It's just chicken nuggets with sauce.

Ive never done spicy teriyaki wings. I think I might make that my next party wing. That sounds both difficult to fuck up and really easy which I guess are the same thing.

bake at 425f for 40 minutes skin side up. They come out as crisp as frying without the mess or the extra grease. I eat wings at least weekly

I made some wings tonight. Tried a new technique. Turned out pretty good.

was it a good 3 bites?

K so here is how you make bomb ass fucking wings with a grill

You will need

>grill (charcoal is always MUCH better but with the sauce it doesnt matter as much)
>1 whole TGI fridays buffalo wing sauce bottle (maybe half if you are conservative)
>sriacha
>A bunch of whole chicken wings

1. put the wings on the grill on low to medium heat. Expect this to take some time the payoff is worth it. If you have a nice gas grill put the wings on the top rack

2. Get a bowl and fill it with the TGI friday sauce , and squirt it with a few seconds of sriacha. Just enough to thicken the sauce abit but you definately want the TGI sauce to be 75% of the sauce. The sriacha has a special purpose

3. Every 10-15 or so minutes while the wings are cooking brush them with the mixed sauce. When they start looking "dry" its time to sauce them again. Just keep going and mixing up new sauce if you have to (my last cook went through almost a whole bottle of TGI fridays buffalo sauce)

4. After awhile and multiple layers the color of the wings will start to change and get darker (nice and orange). This is the key to the recipe you are creating a beautiful layer of spice on the surface of the wings

5. When the wings are done you can choose to sauce them again before serving (I dont). The crust that has formed on the skin of the wings is extremely spicy and delicious.

That's about how many bites it takes for a regular drum stick to be done with user

Chicken nuggets have a lighter breading. Boneless "wings" have a thicker, tendie-like texture.

bumping because i didnt type that recipe out without getting at least one (you)

yea but he only has two
i wanna be able to take a lot of bites by having many wings to bite

Bump

you really want a (you) hey?

Its a pretty shit recipe, dude

I was watching America's Test Kitchen and found out about using baking powder to get a crispier skin if you bake it in the oven. But I've been looking around and a lot of people marinate their wings or cook them sauce first. How do you guys like to make your wings?

I used to just buy them from Publix but whatever spice they use makes me feel like tearing my stomach out to end the pain so I figure I ought to just make my own.

very nice presentation

missing like 10 other wings tho

oh god are you me

I love their hot and spicy wings but they devastate my anus

fuck fuck fuck I might get some today because of you fuck no they hurt so much

>TGI Friday sauce

God, youre so fucking gay

I thought that too until I tried it. For wings it's great because it includes the vinegar. Better thank franks "wing sauce"

Chef John uses the baking powder technique which is how I found out about it, works really well. I'll change it up with the sauce depending on my mood, the last time I made them I went with like a 60/40 mixture of sweet baby Ray's and honey mustard, turned out pretty nice.

You got your (you) so shut the fuck up. No one cares about your joke recipe.

boneless wings are the stupidest fucking thing, it's just a tendie in sauce instead of having dipping sauce on the side

dont be such a nigger