What does spam taste like?

what does spam taste like?

Shit, frankly.

the pain and suffering of the innocent
and salt

Salted ham. Which is why is tastes delicious when fried, like bologna.

I much prefer spam to bologna. Regular spam only has like 5 ingredients. Gotta watch out for other varieties though... hormel likes to sneak cheap ass mechanically separated chicken into the ingredients in places you wouldn't expect (like the "low sodium" variety)

The smell of spam seeps out of your skin after eating it.

all pork does that... it makes skin look healthy as fuck.

Quality spam is amazing: I use it in all sorts of things.

The cheap stuff 'luncheon meat' can be meh to absolutely horrible though.

Start out with the Hormel original. In some markets there are many flavours.

its too 'porky' for me. and salty.

and how it's gotten as expensive as it is these days ill never know.

I think the word you should have used is 'greasy instead of 'healthy'.

Koreans swear Korean SPAM is higher quality than that sold elsewhere. I've even seen Korean groceries in Canada that will import Korean market SPAM, that's outwardly identical to what you can buy domestically. Not sure if there's any truth to it.

Overly salty

Spiced Ham. What are you, retarded?

Calm down Satan.

Salty ham.

I'm a white trash piece of shit and spam and veveeta omelettes are my goto weekend breakfast.

Try out Spam-Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes.

It's not bad desu
I slice it a little thinner than half inch slices and pan fry em til they're cripsy on the outside.
I eat with rice and gochujang
I used to have it all the time til I found out that one can of spam has nearly 5000mg of salt

Is it really that cheap? Why do people even bother with it?

Oh I totally have.

Velveeta and Spam just go well together for a lot of things.

t. dry ageing sking

Indeed, processed cheese and spam are cornerstones of Korea cooking.

I like making grilled cheese with processed cheese slices and grilled spam. SO FUCKING GOOD.

Huh. With all the shit I've made I never thought about spam in a grilled cheese. I'll have to try that later

like bags of sand

You've never thought of a spamwitch? uhh...

You need to grill the spam before you put it in the sandwich, so it's a bit more work.

I also like grilled spam on bagels, basically a bagel blt but with spam.

In Hawaii I believe spam burgers are really popular but never had. I think they have grilled spam and pineapple in them... I think I'll make that soon.

I figured it needed to be grilled first. Spam from the can is ok, but throwing it in a pan first is magic.

I've had spam sandwiches before, and substituting bacon for spam tends to work fairly well. Made blt's, and even topped a burger a few times with spam and melted velveeta

like pennies and bags of sugar

Most people don't, these days it's mostly a niche/novelty product. It was mostly popular during and just after WWII because it was calorie dense, didn't need to be refrigerated and it was a staple of the US military so a lot of servicemen grew fond of it.
Hawaii still loves it, though, a long with a lot of other places in the Pacific. I think Hawaii puts away like 7 million cans a year, they have a Spam festival in Waikiki every year.

delicious, like salted ham, but it will probably kill you if you eat too much of it.

it's great fried. fried spam and melted cheese on a bagel is great, so is a spam omelette. But the best spam dishes involve rice and egg. man. fried spam atop fried rice with a runny fried egg is an amazing meal if you don't eat it so often. boiled rice with fried spam and a poached egg is something you could eat more often

Salty bologna

Salt

spam is the only type of ham i can tolerate.

dont eat if often though.

but i kind of want some now.

Salty fried ham. There's a hint of funk at the end. Similar to canned fruit cocktail.

salty ham.

As long as you brown it it tastes pretty good. I usually make sandwiches or scrambled eggs with it.

>fried spam cubes and curry powder in ramen
I can finally finish off this half of a 12 pack that's been sitting here for months.

why don't you fucking eat some you reatard

More like DEVILED ham amirite?

I honestly prefer potted meat over spam, and underwood's ham or corned beef is about the best that I've tasted

I'd be embarrassed to buy spam. Just seems so trashy.

Well, a friend of mine took me to a German restaurant in SF and they served leberkäse. It looks, feels and tastes like a higher quality spam.

Why? Its usually more expensive than fresh meat unless you're in a remote area.

Spam fried rice is pretty damn good.

I take the individual wrapped slices with me when I go /out/ sometimes. They're pretty light, fry up quick and are a nice dose of protein and salt after a long day backpacking.