Rice Cooker

Just ordered one of these memes. Is it truly going to change my life and elevate me beyond my current state?

well if you often eat rice, it's definitely useful

No but it will save you a pot and a spot on your stove.

when used purposefully, its a strong tool yes. if you are unsure what youd use it for though it might not get used at all. just recall that normally in cooking, you only apply heat. but a pressure cooker applies heat and pressure, allowing transformations that are normally not feasible

>not a $200 weeb brand
you fucked up

I'm not that autistic user

i can't be the only one who gets MUCH BETTER results with pot on a stove than with a rice cooker. maybe the one I have is just shit.

I just don't wanna have to stand around near the rice pot for 45 minutes everytime i make some. Plus the cooked rice will keep much longer in a cooker from what I've heard, so I can make a batch at lunch and save the rest for dinner without have to move it then reheat later

If you know how to make rice in the traditional way, it's much better yes. The thing is to know how to dose the water and control the heat.

To this day, nothing beats my mom's plain koshihikari rice cooked in her shitty little saucepan. It tastes like heaven, you don't need to add anything, so firm, so soft, just sticky enough to eat it with chopsticks without sticking the bowl to your face.

>I just don't wanna have to stand around near the rice pot for 45 minutes everytime i make some
Are you actually retarded?

Protip: stop looking at consumer devices to radically change the state of your life.

That being said, a rice cooker is a handy convenience for a lot of people.

I made a lot of stuff in a rice cooker when I lived in a really small apartment with limited kitchen facilities.

I was particularly fond of making oats in the morning. All I had to do was flip the on switch and by the time I got done showering it was ready. Way nicer than instant packet stuff.

>It's not a Zojirushi

What are you even doing my man?

yes. buy frozen dumplings and start cooking rice while using the steaming tray for veggies and dumplings. From there you just have to cook a little chicken in a pan and you're eating like I do 2x a week.

Rice cookers are weeb shit. Return it and get an electric pressure cooker, which can cook rice (faster) and a ton of other shit too.

Makes good rice, makes good polenta. It'd probably make good oats too.

why buy a rice cooker when you can cook rice in 10 minutes on the hob? why not buy something actually useful and life changing like a pressure cooker?

There are a lot of people who really think it's that bad, I see the same argument in every thread about rice cookers

Because:
1) I want to free up a hob for other things. I often run out of hobs. I never run out of counter.
2) It's nice to not have to worry about shutting off the heat at the correct time while I am busy with other things in the kitchen.
3) A rice cooker with a hinged pressurized lid does an objectively better job than using a normal pot with a lift-off lid.

>>why not buy something actually useful and life changing like a pressure cooker?
I own two pressure cookers already. They're great. I have a small one for general purpose cooking and a really big one for canning.

I'm not sure what pressure cookers have to do with rice cookers though. They're different tools for different jobs, and they're not mutually exclusive.

>I enjoy standing around staring at a pot of rice
Nice autism

jasmine rice is the shit

>jasmine rice
Horrible Paki / poo in the low crap.
Asian, granted but horrible

well excuse me mr. hipster

not everyone likes sticking a fork of dry grains in their mouth

You don't have to stand around for 45 minutes

Rice cooker pancakes are pretty awesome.

What if the pot boils over or the simmer dies off? Then what m8

>What if the pot boils over or the simmer dies off?

You avoid those problems by basic familiarity with how your stove works. Assuming it's not a brand new one that you have no experience with you ought to know where to set the heat so that will never happen.