I'm a giant pussy and every time I eat meat or eggs or whatever I just think about animals being tortured in a factory...

I'm a giant pussy and every time I eat meat or eggs or whatever I just think about animals being tortured in a factory somewhere. How do I actually become a vegetarian / vegan when I find meat to be fucking delicious and want to eat it for every meal?

dumb frogposter

i was a vegetarian in the 90s. it was a lot harder then to eat out. bean burritos from taco bell, fries everywhere, sometimes salads.
when i decided to stop, i had a chili cheeseburger and a pepperoni pizza. i still sometimes get sad about the animals but its fucking worth it.
anyway, it seems like it would be easy to do now. vegetarian at least. with the vegan thing you have to draw some sort of line- do you refuse to eat product where animal labor was used, for example?

>do you refuse to eat product where animal labor was used, for example?

No I eat meat every day. Chicken, fish with rice and veggies at home, burritos, burgers, bacon egg cheese biscuits etc. when I go out. I have no idea how to go vegetarian because I like meat so much, but I want to because eating meat makes me sad.

IDKY but that picture gave me a chuckle.

Veganism isn't about feeling bad for animals. It's about being feeling self-righteous. Whenever you want meat, tell yourself, "I am a better person than people who eat this." Take a moment to FEEL your moral superiority, the pleasure of being right in a world where there are so terribly many people who are wrong. Meditate on it. Meditate on all the scientists and world leaders and builders and orators who you're better than because they're filthy carnist trash and you aren't. That's how you stay vegan.

>I have no idea how to go vegetarian
I'm not sure how this is even a question.

Stop buying meat. Stop ordering meat dishes when you go out to eat. Buy non-meat ingredients or dishes instead.

But that's retarded user. Animals eat other animals, humans just do it efficiently. Even when you eat vegetables you are consuming life that died for you. I want to stop eating meat because I'm an overly sensitive softie that can't eat a burger without imagining the nightmare existence of the cow that became that burger.

>stop eating meat for a day or two
>go to the store and get ingredients for vegetarian recipe
>eat it
>it tastes like shit and is completely unsatisfying
>immediately order a pizza or something

This is my problem

OK, so when you hit the "it tastes like shit" step then you need to:
>figure out what you did wrong
>don't make that same mistake the next time

>figure out what you did wrong
I didn't add meat to it

And like what buddy, you don't think they torture plants ? They feed plants literal shit and kill them in harvest. There's plant blood on your hands. Plants are living things too and have a consciousness. Survival of the fittest, you eat and things die. One day you die and things eat you.

FAAAAAAAAG

also plants feel pain too, so get rekt

>I didn't add meat to it

Now you're just being obstinate and you know it.

>obstinate
How? I can't magically change the fact that I massively prefer the taste of dishes with meat to dishes without it

Don't shoot the messenger. If feeling bad for animals was good enough a reason to be vegan, you'd have done it already. You need contempt for other people or all you're gonna do is cry into your bolognese.

Baby steps, man. I'm mostly vegetarian cuz I slowly switched to eating less meat but still eating eggs and dairy. I'm now phasing out eggs and milk, cheese is a bit harder. I eat meat on rare occasion but honestly don't much have the appetite for it anymore, and now even the texture can gross me out.

Visit a farm and see that the animals are not being tortured.

It's hard to transition into veganisms so just FYI It's okay to eat fewer animal products instead of none at all. It's okay to tailor your diet around your personal ethical system

yummy yummy sausages

Animals are lower life forms that don't experience the world the way we do. They were put on this Earth for us to use as beasts of burden, eat, or both. Feeling bad for food that you don't know for a fact was mistreated before it was food is a waste of compassion that could be otherwise harnessed to help your fellow man.

Mate those animals were bred to be eaten
Don't let them die in vain

A cow grows up dreaming to be eaten op. Don't crush their dreams.

>I have no idea how to go vegetarian because I like meat so much
Have some willpower. What kind of fucking question is "I want to do something but don't have the self control, help me."

You either need to stop being empathetic or just go vegan you can't keep walking along this stupid tightrope

the flavor of meat is umami. Try making dishes with mushrooms, tomatoes, potatoes, or anything else that prominently features umami. That's probably what you're missing.
Or you're just being a bitch and placeboing yourself into not liking it because there's no meat. As if you've never liked a single dish that doesn't have meat in it.