Parsley

I was supposed to buy cilantro but instead I picked up huge fucking bush of parsley by accident.
Now I need to use this before it goes bad, prefer anything I can freeze cause I have enough food for few days already.
I'm gonna make big batch of meatballs and was thinking of doing some mushroom pasta as well as it's the season but aside from that, what should I use this on?

Other urls found in this thread:

budgetbytes.com/2017/01/creamy-garlic-mushroom-chicken/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If youre not tired of pasta you could make pasta aglio e olio as it uses a fair share of Parsley and its tasty as fuck
Otherwise a roasted sweet potato tastes awesome with parsley and almost every other shit you would add to a baked potato.

>If youre not tired of pasta you could make pasta aglio e olio as it uses a fair share
Well not really but like I said, it's mushroom season and I'd rather eat that cause it's the dankest shit ever, still don't wanna eat it for the next 2 weeks every day.
>Otherwise a roasted sweet potato tastes awesome with parsley and almost every other shit you would add to a baked potato.
I was actually thinking of doing roast potatoes with some sorta parsley sauce, maybe aioli with parsley or something.

literally anything you can use greens on. also, why don't you just chop it, put it in a bag and freeze the parsley itself? then add to soups, salads, pasta, whatever... that's what I do.

>why don't you just chop it, put it in a bag and freeze the parsley itself?
That's my plan B but it doesn't taste as good that way I feel, if you cook it in the food before freezing the end product is usually better in my opinion.

i fucking love parsley, i can eat bundles of it.
just do that.

eh, didn't notice it tasting different from freshly cut, but then again, I only freeze the greens and not ready meals to reheat. and since I don't dry it first and mix it in the hot food, it's just as good (as good as marketbought parsley is ever goint to get, that is. wish my grandparents were still around, there's nothing as good as nostalgia-powered food made by grandpa)

Make a parsley paste the same way you would with basil.

If you don't have a mortar, then use a food processor.

Traditional recipe:
Parsley / Basil, garlic, parmigiano and pecorino cheese, pine nuts, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.

Crush the parsley / basil in a mortar, add garlic and crush, add nuts and crush, add shredded cheese and crush, add olive oil as needed to facilitate mixing and then add until you achieve the desired consistency. Salt and pepper to taste. You can sub any variety of nut that you want, and almonds, pecans, walnut and even peanuts work great. Just don't use d's.

You can make variations of this recipe, and it will be delicious as a condiment for pasta, proteins, or a spread for bread. If you use a food processor, pulse lightly so you don't heat up the blades which can effect the taste of the green parsley / basil.

For a bare bones minimum paste, all you need is: parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil. Saute your garlic in olive oil until nice and golden brown, then add to your parsley and mix, add oil, and season with salt and pepper.

Make Italian meatballs. 2 parts ground pork, one part ground beef. Egg and breadcrumbs. Season them with salt, pepper, garlic, and that parsley. If you put oregano in there, so help me God, I will tell you that you're a shitty cook who uses too many seasonings.

I like to put a ton of it chopped in zukini cream soup

Was actually thinking of this as well just cause it at least keeps for pretty long, though I would probably really only use it for, again, pasta.
I have some recipes I could use but most of them really only work fresh and I could really use something that freezes.
Like parsley works like a charm in most rice pilafs but reheating rice pilafs sounds pretty fucking awful.

Chop it up and stir it into a thick, buttery alfredo sauce.

Worst case, spread it on parchment paper on a cookie sheet and then bake in your oven as low as it will go with the door open.

Yeah probably gonna do this worst comes to worst.

Parsley soup served with parsley on toast followed by vanilla and parsley ice cream. If you have any left use it in a refreshing cup of parsley tea.

cilantro is for spics

Just make mushroom pasta. Mushrooms are good and you know you want to eat them.

>cultivated by the ancient egyptians
Fuck off back to somaliland.

You can make pesto out of just about any green, leafy edible.

>brings up ancient history

fuck off back to your police protest

I'm not going to your police protest. Go back to somaliland like a good boy.

Paul Prudhomme's Gumbo Hazel recipe calls for a metric fuckton of parsley if you like Cajun food.

Ctrl + F "tabbouleh"
0 results
You gotta make some of this shit, my nigga. You can use loads of parsley for this stuff.

this

will i ever be able to tell the difference??

Fry or bake some fish, then plate it. In the same pan on medium heat, add a good amount of butter until it's browned but not burned, shallots, salt, pepper, good amount of chopped parsley, cook for a few minutes then put on top of the fish.

There are good video tutorials on youtube.

Actually, scientifically speaking, cilantro is for the genetically superior. Kill yourself mayo boy.

Chimichurri, but you'll have to get cilantro for it as well. Very good for cheap steak tho

I like parsley in chicken soup, chicken and dumplings, and this specific mushroom chicken recipe

budgetbytes.com/2017/01/creamy-garlic-mushroom-chicken/

yeah I second this- recently made up a quick parsley pesto thing with some roast walnuts, lemon juice, couple garlic cloves and olive oil. I honestly wasnt expecting much but it was really good! it'll use up heaps 2

You can mince it with garlic and mix with extra virgin olive oil and salt. The oil will keep it preserved and it becomes a tasty condiment to use at your discretion. Put in a bottle and shake before using.

Bread dumplings. They also freeze quite well, and also go great with mushroom sauce.

Chop it up with some hard cheese, nuts, garlic and olive oil for a cheap green pesto.

Chimichurri does not have cilantro in it

Make an awesome garlic+parsley butter, it's easy and it'll make the parsley last

enjoy botulism