Is this the greatest food culture on Earth?

Is this the greatest food culture on Earth?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zrv78nG9R04
realfarmacy.com/bleached-chemical-garlic-china-how-to-spot/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>get home form USA supermarket
>see item i purchased is "Product of China"
>into the trash it goes

yes and no
>really good, unique tastes such as the sichuan kitchen
>tons of variety
>food is central to Chinese culture; everyone's passionate about it

but
>monosodium glutamate shit
>they eat disgusting shit like cats, chicken feet, dogs etc etc
>disgusting shit like gutter oil (i don't know how common that is though)

Sure if you enjoy eating food fried in literal sewage.

youtube.com/watch?v=zrv78nG9R04

>they eat disgusting shit like cats, chicken feet, dogs etc etc
why are these disgusting?

Chicken feet are awesome.

The bad would be shit like plastic rice, fabricated eggs, and sewer oil.

Nobody really likes northern Chinese food.

Asian since their culinary roots started 6000 years ago. American cuisine only started 200 years ago. It'll probably be good in another 4800 years

Chinese garlic and a few other products they farm over there are complete shit. Seriously, Chinese garlic is often garbage and chemical-ridden.

realfarmacy.com/bleached-chemical-garlic-china-how-to-spot/

I also hear bad stuff about the fish and other seafood too

If northern Chinese food is the same as Mongolian food it's awesome.

nope.

japan is.

Dog is delicious right you little yellow bastard?

>Japan is superficial and bland
ftfy

>never tried chicken feet

wow

Americans complaining about other cultures food when their "cuisine" is casseroles and jello salad with the occasional hot dog or burger thrown in

Why buy it in the first place, or return it even?

>Why buy it in the first place
I didn't check to see if it was made in China. I didn't even think it was a possibility.

>or return it even?
it cost $1 and is not worth the hassle.

What's going on in Western China? Fresh water fish?

>Wasting my money will surely get those ching chongs angry!

i'm not american you dolt

>Is this the greatest food culture on Earth?

As a chink ex-pat who escaped the country, I can definitely say it China probably has the worst food culture & ethics of any developed nation...

>As a chink ex-pat who escaped the country, I can definitely say it China probably has the worst food culture & ethics of any developed nation...

> Preserved “thousand-year old” eggs in China are even more toxic than they sound

Chinese state media reported over the weekend that thirty companies producing preserved eggs in Nanchang county had been closed by authorities for using toxic copper sulphate rather than baking soda to speed up the maturing process.
The black-yolked translucent delicacies are also known as “thousand-year-old eggs,” though they actually only take two months to make—copper sulphate reportedly cut that time by a month. Nanchang produces 300,000 tons of the eggs each year. According to a boss at one of the factories, “there won’t be a problem if you don’t eat too many of them.”
In a separate case, fans of pork knuckles and chicken legs in China’s eastern Zhejiang province may want to think about going vegetarian: police discovered that meat a year past its expiry date was being sold, after being washed with detergent to obliterate any odor and kill insects.

>As a chink ex-pat who escaped the country, I can definitely say it China probably has the worst food culture & ethics of any developed nation...

Preserved egg companies shut in toxic chemical scandal

Thirty companies producing preserved eggs have been closed by authorities in Jiangxi province after a media exposé that toxic chemicals were used to speed up production, the country's latest food-safety scandal.

A report by state broadcaster China Central Television on Friday showed that three plants producing preserved duck eggs, a popular delicacy also known as thousand-year eggs, were using industrial copper sulphate to halve the curing period to a month.

Industrial copper sulphate usually contains high levels of toxic heavy metals, including arsenic, lead and cadmium, so is banned for use as a food additive.

China arrests 900 in fake meat scandal

Police in China have arrested 904 people for "meat-related offences" over the past three months, including a gang that made more than £1m by passing off fox, mink and rat meat as mutton, the country's public security ministry has announced.

Since January, authorities have seized 20,000 tonnes of illegal products and solved 382 cases of meat-related crime – primarily the sale of toxic, diseased and counterfeit meat.

Thousands of cans of fake infant formula are still out there in China

The fake cans are labelled as products from Similac, which is owned by American firm Abbott Laboratories, and Beingmate, one of the largest infant formula makers in China.

SEE ALSO: The very real danger of fake cosmetics from China

The police are on the hunt for the cans, as well as a suspect associated with a ring of fraudsters which had been discovered making the product and selling it to seven provinces in the country. Nine in the ring, including its alleged ringleader, surnamed Chen, have been arrested so far, according to Shanghai Daily.

The case came to light after a number of raids carried out in Dec. last year and Jan. this year, prompted by a tip sent to the Shanghai police. During the raids, 1,000 cans of fake Similac were seized, along with 20,000 empty cans and 65,000 fake Similac trademarks ready for labelling.

According to investigations, the ring started back in Aug. 2014, mixing genuine Similac with cheaper formula to give it bulk, before reselling the fake cans. The ring made about 1.6 million yuan ($248,117) from selling batches to vendors in Henan and Anhui.

The formula had been mixed with a substance containing melamine, which is used to raise the levels of protein registered in food testing. Melamine is a chemical often used in making plastics and dishware, and can result in kidney failure after consumption.

And those articles are only the tip of the iceberg of people who were caught.

My chinese mother who grew up in China even warns me to never buy any packaged Chinese food even in American super markets, as most of them are imported and often escape US inspections by importing through other countries or mis-labeling products.

>According to investigations, the ring started back in Aug. 2014, mixing genuine Similac with cheaper formula to give it bulk, before reselling the fake cans.
Oh well this doesn't sound too bad for china...

>The formula had been mixed with a substance containing melamine, which is used to raise the levels of protein registered in food testing. Melamine is a chemical often used in making plastics and dishware, and can result in kidney failure after consumption.
well fuck me.

All these fake and disgusting shit in Chinese food industry are purely driven by profit. I am sure it will improve in a few decades.

If not, just go to Hong Kong or Taiwan, literally the same thing.

Why you fags keep talking about how dirty it is instead of how good it tastes? Do you unconsciously feel inferior than the chinks in food?

After that scare Chinese people here in Germany, whether they were expats or tourists, went crazy buying baby formula in German drugstores and mailing it home. It got so bad stores started limiting customers to only so and so many boxes per person. The Chinese raids left whole shelves and aisles empty. German dairy companies even started shipping milk to China, in bulk. It was affordable because the freighters form Asia would usually return empty otherwise. Not sure if milk is still being shipped to China.

Nothern Chinese food is underrated.

Utter shit tier is around Wenzhou.

>monosodium glutamate shit
nigga you dumb

Wow it's almost as if capitalism isn't the be all end all

I mean, wouldn't that taste like shit? Surely customers could tell from the taste or smell while cooking.

Die you fucking unamerican commie subhuman piece of trash

This.

It's refined before being sold. That pic just shows the oil being gathered.

>Switching from soviet-style command economy to capitalism literally shaved China
>Capitalism isn't the be all

Sure okay, kid.

>human

fuckin nonsense my dude

xinjiang lamb, legendary pao cai, mantou... you wrong

extrapolate