Do these things have ANY redeeming qualities?

Do these things have ANY redeeming qualities?

Theyre the worst combination of bland pastry and overly sweet filling ive ever tasted. Boring, unsatisfying 400-calorie sugar bomb in every pack.

Literally the only good flavor is the smores one, and even then it can be easily and LESS EXPENSIVELY replaced by.... an actual fucking smore.

>Not knowing about god-tier wildberry.
I feel bad for you, son.

I used to really like poptarts, but you hit the nail on the head. They're bland and cloying and not worth 400 cals.

They're cheap, long lasting and come in a variety of tastes, all of which tend to be rather neutral. I can see them being a markettable product towards a family with younger kids, or just a product to have at the back of a shelf if you really crave something sweet without wanting to go shopping.

I was in the UK in the American store and bought a few flavours and went wtf in 0.01s.

Pathetic attempt at making sweets.

Not even nostalgia... as an adult these suck. For that much sugar and calories, I want something a lot nicer.

They are really crap. They appeal to children and manchildren who fall prey to bad habits and mass marketing

they're such a gulity pleasure i can't help it

I used to take a pack of cinnamon poptarts with me hiking since they are relatively cheap, light, and high calorie.

They're good for camping breakfasts when it's hot and you don't want real food, just something with your coffee.

>toasting them before putting them into the freezer; eat frozen. it's delicious.

>They're cheap
Not anymore. It's like 4 bucks for 8 shit pastries.

store brand pop-tarts are awesome. I cuts them crusts off though

Funny thing is the knockoff pop tarts they sell at Aldi are a shitload better than the original

confetti cupcake is the shit

The appeal is the price.

Only good flavors
>Sundae
>Sugar cookie (December exclusively)
>Cookie dough
>Wildberry

Poptarts are GOAT, they're the closest thing to lembas bread we have, such a high calorie count for a small package.

>People still eat Poptarts

kek

Time to upgrade already kiddies

>cook those
>edges are flaming hot
>center is ice cold

I just started making PB n Js which are far superior anyway.

I think they tell you to keep doing it on the lowest setting until it's fully heated, which nobody ever did, so it never cooked properly. They would just put it on 3 or whatever until it was browned.

The trick is to cook them in the oven for 20 minutes and let them cool for 30. Thus defeating the entire purpose of the breakfast pastry entirely.

these are decadent af

>400 cal

Seriously? How many tarts in a package?

>not amerifag

Toaster Scrambles are vastly superior.

Ok now it's just hot pockets what the fuck

it has "8" on the paxmages in OP's pic
but get this: the serving size is one tart but inside the box there are 2 of them wrapped in the same plastic coating

Yeah, but Hot Pockets can't fit in the toaster at work and microwaving something like this is always shitty. Not all frozen foods are designed for NEETs and invalids.

Bought a box of the Hot Fudge Sundae ones on a whim a couple days ago after a Pop-Tart hiatus of probably ten years. Lemme tell ya boys, the magic is gone. They taste nothing like they did in 2004

I bought a box of the green apple jolly rancher. The first one was a struggle but they grew on me very quickly. I don't even feel bad for eating them.

Tbh strawberry and wildberry are the only worthwhile ones. RIP you if you fall for any of the dessert memes. Apple cinnamon is nauseating as well.

microwave defrost/low settings 15-30 seconds, THEN it goes in the toaster. Adjust the times based on your equipment and you will get perfectly crisp, flakey strudels every time

These are the greasiest things ever. Bretty gud, nonetheless. Easy breakfast right before class

>The first one was a struggle but they grew on me very quickly. I don't even feel bad for eating them.

This sounds like it could have been a Jeffrey Dahmer quote.

Oh man, I ate these things all the time back in the 90s before leaving for school. Scrambles were alil bland tho, would dab 'em in ketchup.

what happened to a bowl of cereal in america, jesus christ.

I just have some shredded wheat or weetabix with some honey or a tiny bit of sugar and milk, nutritious, filling and pretty tasty for what it is.

why would you ever wanna eat this synthetic shit.

americans are afraid of milk now

Cinnamon roll flavor is the best.

^ This, or Smores master race!

I-I once ate a whole gross (12 boxes of 12) S'mores Pop Tarts in less than 72 hours.

My vision kept going blurry so I would take a nap and wake up to eat some more.

I've not had a Pop Tart since. They appall me.

besides being a huge fag and eating kashi cereal with a banana every morning and sometimes a couple of eggs-- god I love toaster strudels. My roommate started eating them for breakfast, and once I stole a few to see why he keeps eating them, good lord MY EYES HAVE BEEN OPENED.

what the fuck. I hope you're eating healthier, that sounds fucking awful.

Might be retarded, but for at least 10 years, I didn't realize that you were supposed to put poptarts in a toaster, so as a kid, I would just eat them straight out of the packets. God I'm retarded.

would rather have jerky and nuts

>My vision kept going blurry so I would take a nap and wake up to eat some more

What was your logic during that time? That's like going on a crazy vodka binge and saying "My liver kept hurting so I would pass out and wake up to drink some more".

I have only ever seen advertisements for these that are aimed at middle-schoolers. Like literally they'll be in school pulling them out of their lockers.

They're like lunchables, meager and pathetic. Barely fit for human consumption but so packed with salt/sugar that kids won't complain.

Yeah whatever, they're always available in the Army

>supposed to
You're not "supposed to" do anything.
It even says on the box you can eat them straight from the pack or toast them. Some flavours even suggest freezing them.

>not worth 400 cals
you know how i can tell youre a recovering fatty?

People started realizing Pop-Tarts are junk food, the "fruit filling" wasn't convincing people to eat it for breakfast anymore so they went all out and just turned them into a dessert. I don't think anyone regularly eats them for breakfast, just as an occasional treat, a snack, or a dessert.

Over the past 5 years, I've known at least 3 people who eat them just about every day. They're all fat, have dental problems, and drink almost nothing but soda.

>People started realizing Pop-Tarts are junk food, the "fruit filling" wasn't convincing people to eat it for breakfast anymore

I'm pretty sure Poptarts never fooled anyone into thinking they were a healthy meal

For a while, "has fruit in it" was all it took for people to think its good for you.

No it wasn't. Poptarts always were a cheap pastry, and were never considered better than that.

I'd still eat a brown sugar cinnamon or cherry pop-tart but they're so bad for you

soda is the root cause of their obesity and dental problems, not pop tarts

Pop-Tarts have been a thing since the 60s would you fucking faggot europeans just kill yourselves already please?

>soda
>not being a lazy cunt

Maybe not a healthy meal, but people thought it was healthier than it really was.

I just eat em for a quick snack

Maybe you stop being proud of shit like that you manchild?

>go to a luxury supermarket here in Denmark
>American isle
>great, probably some hot sauces and tex-mex stuff.jpg
>fucking pop-tarts 8 usd for the smallest box
>wat

also

>rewind 3 years
>go to an american army base in England
>american supermarket inside
>buy shit like I used to see in the movies/pop culture
>hot pockets, pop-tarts, buy enourmous cans of arizona ice tea, juice, etc
>literally fucking inedible, drinks undrinkable due to sugar content

What happened America?

What happened is your store stocked our most popular and worst garbage food. Unfortunately, they really are very popular here and I'm a pretentious weird piece of shit for not liking any of those things you listed.

or a

Confetti Cupcake is best flavor

it was a proper US supermarket, good some amazing beef jerky and grill spices tho

also bought a pack of twizzlers because movies, tastes atrocious, the best part: checked the ingredients, it has mineral oil, are you kidding me

I legitimately don't know if they were better when I was a kid or if they just made the sundae ones absolute shit in the 15 years since I had them the first time

Am I the only person who never cooked them?

10 bucks for a huge box of poptarts

It's good for a quick calorie boost

sure, Americans could really use that