My cheap $20 rice cooker broke. Are these things worth $200+ ?

My cheap $20 rice cooker broke. Are these things worth $200+ ?

For $200 it better suck my dick and wipe my ass

No user, a broken rice cooker originally worth $20 is not worth more than $200.

just learn to cook rice in a pan you dumb fuck.

let's also assume you're not poor when making the decision.

If you make rice 3+ times a week, yeah.

Otherwise meh.

Poverty has nothing to do with being a sucker.

Just put water and rice in a pot for 30 minutes and you'll get rice, why are people so stupid that they need a unitasker machine just to do this?

buy a pressure cooker instead, that shit can make rice and plenty of other things to make it worth the pricetag

Yes they make great rice conveniently. Worth it if you eat rice most days of the week, which is why every asian family buys them.

I use mine everyday. I love it, creates perfect rice everytime.

t. white guy w/ asian waifu

I don't understand why everyone in Asia has a rice cooker. Cooking rice in a pot is east as fuck.

Not a unitasker. It can make pretty much anything.

A box that steams shit is not a unitasker kid.

The induction cookers are only necessary if you're making GABA rice. If you had to google that, you don't need it. If you didn't have to google it, you STILL don't need it, you brain-dead hippie.

I've been using the same old fashioned fuzzy logic Zoji every day for the last 10 years that I picked up for $120 and I expect it to last me until I have a mid-life crisis and move to Southeast Asia to become a sexpat.

Also, I'm Asian, so my opinions on rice cookers are automatically more valid than anyone else's.

I don't understand why people in Europe buy bread everyday. Cooking it at home is easy as fuck.

>are you smarter than an Vietnamese jungle farmer?

No.

SERIOUSLY ? A RICE COOKER ?

> Pour water in pan
> Boil water
> Put rice in pan for 5 to 10mn
> cookedrice.jpg
That easy

I don't understand why everyone in America buys burgers. Cooking burgers in the microwave is east as fuck.

I have one and I love it. You can't get a pot of rice to autocook and keep the rice warm for 12 hours, but with a Zojirushi you can.

>put beans in a slow cooker and set it to low
>put rice in a rice cooker and set the timer for when you come home
>walk in the door to the smell of rice and beans
>fry or sear a piece of meat in a cast iron skillet
>plate everything up with limes, avocado, hot sauce, cilantro, smoked paprika, whatever else you like

That's how you eat cheap and good, right there.

My rice cooker cooks rice after 12 min but after talking with some asians mates they told me their rice cookers cook for 48 minutes
Are they making rice soup ?

you cook for one person, they make multiple servings

>pan

when you eat rice almost every meal, the convenience of a rice cooker is indispensable

Or stand over the stove for an hour for sushi rice

I really do love reading Veeky Forums and posting here, but reading some of these posts makes me feel like only 15 year olds with zero cooking knowledge post here a good amount of the time. Thats part of Veeky Forumss charm I guess.

Great timing for this thread - my 2 year-old Zojirushi is no longer keeping my rice fresh. After 12 hours, the rice starts to develop a sort of rancid smell. It used to keep rice fresh and hot for three days. I deep cleaned the machine as well as I could but it's still happening. Any suggestions?

They've spent thousands of years stocking charcoal fires all day, every day, for rice and rice alone, and their kitchens look like this.

The invention of the automatic rice cooker in the 50s was a revolution in labor-saving equipment and freed up housewives to have a life outside of tending the rice fire.

what are your favorite seasonings for fried rice? i didnt want to start a new thread.

>spend 30mins everyday cooking rice for family
>spend 30secs cooking rice everyday for family

Hmmmm.

Is the gasket still forming a tight seal? Might wanna buy a new one

No. The brand of rice matters more. My fobby Japanese gf used the 13 dorrar one.

Do you actually stand by the pot the entire time after putting the lid on? Are you retarded?

Garlic, chili paste, ginger, green onion, MSG, chocolate powder

>freed up housewives to have a life outside of tending the rice fire

I think I just found the root cause of feminism. We need to illegalize appliances and relax the domestic violence laws.

i use my zojirushi all the time, but then again my go-to starch is rice

if you won't use it 3+ times a week maybe not

If you're not Asian rice will give you beetus and make you fat.

Incorrect.
Appliances were in fact used to lure women back into the kitchen after The War as an incentive to quit their jobs and live a cushy, automated life at home.

You didn't have to lure them back, you just had to fire them and give their jobs back to the men coming back, otherwise society would have fallen apart.

You've got an adorably simplistic view of the world.
But this is neither the time nor the place; if you would like to explore these matters further please take up the discussion in a relevant board.

i want to make japanese style sticky rice. im not a weeb, i lived in japan and got hooked on the shit.

can i do it with a cheap american rice cooker or is this something i need to invest in a jap one for?

spend as much or as little as you want, just make sure a) it has a locking lid and b) it's from a prominent Jap (Zojirushi, Panasonic, Tiger) or Korean (Cuckoo) brand.

>dey took er jerrrbs!
Can't make this stuff up

You neckbeards serve as a happy reminder that whatever problems I have with women are small potatoes compared to what some people are wrestling with

It's about convenience. When you eat something everyday, 2 or 3 times a day, it's nice to have something that can cook a batch for multiple meals without the need to cook multiple times. And hey, it keeps it warm too. Work smarter, not harder.

t.Viet who grew up with a rice cooker in his home

zanku bery much

Not really. Its like an extra 80 seconds of work to make it on the stove and its easier to clean so it comes out to about the same time.

>measure water
>put in pot
>turn on heat
>measure rice
>do other meal cooking things while water boils
>dump in rice
>stir
>put to simmer
>if you have cooked rice more than 5 times you know how long it will take to cook
>turn off heat when done

So much work.

I didn't understand it until I was friends with a Korean. They cook the rice perfect and can keep it warm all day. So whenever you're hungry you just get a bowl of rice and put some furikake or an egg on top and it's filling. I'm 99% sure this is why they're all thin.

I can't tell if you legitimately think you're going to convince millions of Asians that your autistic little "I made it all by myself" ritual isn't a complete waste of time, or if you're just fishing for (You)s

The more you repost this in the same thread, the more I think it's the latter

>not drawing your water from the river half an hour away
>not chopping your own firewood
>not starting your own fire
>not growing your own rice

"So much work."

I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. I am simply stating fact.

>Boiling water on the stove
For what purpose?

"I made it all by myself"

The level of stupidity on Veeky Forums is a lot easier to accept when you realize that half the posters are written by actual children

But then you realize you spend a non-trivial amount of time arguing with children, and that's obviously not acceptable. So you tell yourself it's just adults role playing as retards and it becomes a lot more acceptable.

With the invention of the induction cooktop it is the FASTEST way to boil water and therefore the FASTEST way to make rice.

How wrong can one person get?

>He doesn't have zojirushi
lemme tell you from an [spoiler]vietnamese[/spoiler] standpoint that if you don't have one of these cooking all of your rices and shit then you fucked up. may as well do that white people thing and cook rice in a saucepan like they do on tv

Cheap ones apply full power until the water is absorbed
Good ones have a sort of pre-cook at a lower temperature which gives the rice a better texture

You don't get rich by making bad financial choices like $200 rice cookers.

What about bad financial choices like spending time on Veeky Forums instead of making money?

Who says half of us aren't doing both?

I had one of those and it makes great rice but takes FOR FUCKING EVER too cook even half a cup of rice I'm talking 30-40+ minutes it's infuriating. I much prefer the cheaper shitty rice cookers that might burn some of the rice at the bottom but at least cooks it in half the time.

Yea, if you eat rice with nearly every meal or cook for multiple people they are indispensable. You can get a nice tiger for less than $200 if you don't mind getting a 'floor model' open box at the local asian market.

MUH ASIANS

Describing a decent modern $200 rice cooker as a unitasking waste of money is like describing a decent modern $500 oven as a unitasking waste of money because it only bakes.

Americans only eat fried food, you can't fry in a saucepan

MUH DINOSAUR SHAPED CHICKEN NUGGETS

>wat is the quick cook cycle
White people apparently can't read the buttons

You're not, go back to shitposting on /g/ about how your social justice boss won't let you use loonix

Well put, friend.

That's a retarded comparison

your mothers a retarded comparison.

AS someone who owns one its pretty nice. I got mine for about 50 percent off on amazon. I would say it doesnt do much of a better job cooking rice but it has a few features that can make it easier to cook without having to pay attention to it.

Where are you going for sexpating?

The answer is yes whether it's short or long.

It can do a lot of other things too if you're handy. Just don't fuck with it too much and you'll never need another one again.

Is the Aroma the official rice cooker of white people?

For the one white person I know who has one, yeah

is it because they're cheap and the first thing to come up on amazon when you search 'rice cooker'?

Theyre fantastic for the price point though
t.gook

>5 to 10mn.

That's gonna be some crunchy rice.

Anyone knows a good place to buy those in Tokyo? I'm traveling there and want to bring a small one.

Haven't decided yet. Johor Baru or Angeles City could be fun. Any suggestions?

Keto here!

Why don't you just buy one on Amazon instead of trying to stuff one into your suitcase?