It just occurred to me that you could easily make this (the sausage and egg McMuffin) at home

It just occurred to me that you could easily make this (the sausage and egg McMuffin) at home

Anybody ever try this? What are the results like?

I grew up making mcmuffins at home. Always turn out really well. Best thing is making biscuit sandwiches.

>doing the english muffin at home when you can just as easily do the superior biscuit

You're seriously only just now thinking of this?

>It just occurred to me

well at least you're thinking op.

It was okay, the sausage turned out too high quality. It just wasn't the same, part of what makes mcdick's so enjoyable is the trashy nature of it.

>not using a croissant instead of either

Ummmmm, yeah. I think most people who can cook have made homemade McMuffins. It's easy peasy, and always tastes better than what you'll get in a fast food place.

Biscuit is infinitely superior to croissant

The sausage egg McMuffin got a whole lot less tasty a few years ago. I think they took the fat out of the muffin part or something, but now it’s dry and tasteless.>

That's nothing, you should see their big breakfast

This really made me think, thanks op

You can't get mac sauce on it at home. Unless you live in certain parts of Canada. I know there exist copycat recipes but then you're looking at a lot of effort for just making a mcmuffin.

Great tailgating/camping breakfast. Add some pic related for perfection

>You can't get mac sauce on it at home
>unless you make it at home but what are you a nerd
so you're saying you can get mac sauce on it at home

I make breakfast sandwiches all the time, its the dankest.

Literally english muffin in toaster, hit it when your egg is getting about done, egg should be cooked sunny side up on lower heat covered, if you dont want runny shit then just cook longer. Bacon is god tier although sausage from time to time isnt bad. You wont be able to recreate that garbage amazing flavor of the cheap mcdonalds rubber sausage though, Ive tried. You eitheer have to like good sausage or skip it. Get THICK sliced cheddar cheese, shit is dank. Hit that egg with pepper and salt IN THE PAN, otherwise shit just falls off everywhere later.

Oh, and steak breakfast sandwhichews are dank.

Just remember its a ton of calories.

I think like:

-Muffin 100
-Cheese 80, unless you dont buy pre sliced cheddar then its more
-Bacon one thick slice is 100
-Egg is 80
-oils and shit is around 75 if you use crap "Cant believee its not butter cause Im a faggot" subtitute on the muffin and pam spray for the pans

So almost 400 calories for just a sandwhich.

Add in some hashbrowns and shit and you good.

>You wont be able to recreate that garbage amazing flavor of the cheap mcdonalds rubber sausage though, Ive tried
This is exactly what I meant here , and it's the most disappointing thing. It's terrible when your efforts come out better and therefore worse.

ProTip if you want to be autistic, Mcdonalds sells their shit frozen.

Call up the store at like 10AM before rush when the GM is there on a weekday, ask him how much he would charge you for a bulk purchase.

That or make your own sausage.

>That or make your own sausage
The only real option is "That". We've established that making your own sausage just turns out too damn good.

Not if you get really shitfaced before you start prepping it.

Also this
Had a gathering for some employees and we were serving burgers. Got a big stack of cheese slices from the local McDonalds for almost cost (a few pounds for a few bucks)

I think ice was 1 dollar per 10 pounds too

I do one better.
>biscuit
>chicken patty
>cheese
>egg
>sausage gravy

i always do bacon and egg with a hash brown but its not the same without the mcd ketchup or american ''cheese"
still good.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who likes mustard on their breakfast sandwiches. It's the best.

It's still shit no matter where it's made.