Is it worth it to get a smoker? or can my weber kettle handle it?

Is it worth it to get a smoker? or can my weber kettle handle it?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Meathead-Science-Great-Barbecue-Grilling/dp/054401846X
pitbarrelcooker.com/
amazingribs.com/tips_and_technique/charcoal_grill_setup.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

question too vague. focus and ask again

Go for the smoker dude

make your own smoker using an old garbage can and some donkeywork

let me rephrase. i like to eat smoked meats such as ribs, briskets, and more ribs. would my weber kettle be able to handle smoking these meats or should i buy a unit that speficially handles smoked meats?
do you have one?
im not a handy man

>im not a handy man

so learn to be one. don't be a weak limp wristed shell of a man.

Peasant. Having to do things the hard way doesn't make you more of a man. It makes you poor. Work smart, not hard.

Webber kettle CAN do it. but you have to read about how to do it. I suggest you get meatheads book on smoking meat. amazon.com/Meathead-Science-Great-Barbecue-Grilling/dp/054401846X
If you want to move in the direction of taking smoke flavored food serious Check this out OP. I got one this week and its better than my 600 dollar pellet smoker.

pitbarrelcooker.com/

Shits easy as fuck to use. Make sure you get the ash tray accessory

>work smart
>buying a smoker when you could easily make one
Well you sure showed us mr smarty pants.

Aren't most garbage cans galvanized with steel, making them dangerous for culinary applications when exposed to heat?

yes. Stay the fuck away from galvanized metal

**zinc

>making a smoker

Just buy one that is designed to cook food. The only people who should be making smokers are people who know how to smoke meat and know what the fuck they are doing regarding the construction of these things.

Depends, do you want to go full hardcore smoked meat autist mode? Get an actual smoker
Just want to make some ribs or brisket or pulled pork once in a while? Weber kettle works fine. I've used mine for it a few times and my pulled pork came out pretty good.

i just want to eat ribs that are restaurant quality. was thinking about oven baking them and finishing on the grill but i doubt it will taste half as good as smoking them. guess il try it with my kettle thanks

here OP

amazingribs.com/tips_and_technique/charcoal_grill_setup.html

thanks user

Get an electric smoker for $90. Makes high quality meat with the least effort of all options. The most daunting thing about using one is cleaning it after

all the meat in this picture looks like shit

Well, considering it had been cooking for about an hour and as still pretty much raw...

You would finish in the oven, hot meats don't take up smoke.

Electric smokers are pure shit

within 45 minutes my pit barrel cooker or pellet grill changes the color of the meat completely.

Zinc builds test.

Let galvanized steel fumes soak into your BBQ for gains.

kettle bell fucking rocks. only upgrade for quantity, not quality.

Thats because of all the smoke in there

If you have access to a steel drum barrel you can make a UDS. Just try to get one that doesnt have a food grade lining. Try to get one that had vegetable oil or some shit.

>i like to eat smoked meats such as ribs, briskets, and more ribs. would my weber kettle be able to handle smoking these meats

Yes. Of course.

>making them dangerous for culinary applications when exposed to heat?

You wouldn't want food to touch the galvanization, that's for sure.

But in a smoker where the temps are low and the food doesn't actually touch the sides?