Steamed Rice Ribs

Start out by buying some cheap, shitty, spare rib tips from Chinese supermarket for $1.50/lb

add to it,

shaoxin wine (or sherry)
minced ginger
sugar
sichuan fermented bean paste
five-spice powder

Okay now what

rub rub rubsputin

Nice and coated, marinate in fridge for at LEAST 1 hr, go longer if you have time

pour yourself a Marination Break Beer

After beer break, toast some short grain rice (1/3 glutinous/sweet rice if you have it), sichuan peppercorn (prickly ash), and star anise

until you're golden

let it cool, throw it in a blender/food processer/spice grinder/mortal and pestle

Rougly chopped toasted rice meal

add some water to make a paste, then coat the marinated meat. It's okay if you don't cover 100% of the ribs, remember, rice expands when it's cooked!

Fantastic beer. My mouth is watering

throw it in a steamer. I don't have an actual steaming pot, so I put it in the steam attachment of my rice cooker. A bowl won't fit in this cooker so I put it straight in. To prevent too much leakage of ingredients, i layered some slice daikon on the bottom to cover the holes. This is utilitarian reasons only. You can use any robust leaves.

While it's steaming for 70-80 minutes (for about 18 oz of meat), have another beer to build up anticipation.

Garnish with green onions, and enjoy!

PS
-you can use other meats, as long as it's fatty enough, pork belly etc would work wonders.
-no salt was added because my shaoxing wine was pre-salted, as was the fermented bean paste. If your ingredients aren't super salty, go ahead and add some salt

Fuck off faggot

I find it interesting that your 5 spice is in a pepper powder container OP.

That aside good shit, I'll defo give this a try.

>defo
Thanks for following along, but please don't use that word if you're going to use my recipe.

nugga im eating steamed pork ribs and rice raht nah!

get a proper steamer and put some pumpkin under it.

garnish with coriander, faggot.

Thumbnail looks like nightmare fuel.

>nigger

Is that a new release? I haven't seen it in my craft beer store yet and I'm a big fan of sours. Would love to try it

While I live across from the Marcy Housing Projects, I am not of ebonic descent.

bitch you live down the block from me.

What chinese supermarket did you go to?

I go to hong kong supermarket in manhattan, or New World Mall in Flushing if I feel fancy.