Self serve is retarded

>Go to McDonald's for lunch
>Not a lot of money to spend so I opt for something simple
>You no longer order at the counter. You use the self serve touch screen kiosk to order and take your order receipt to the counter to pay.
>Want a small burg
>Double hamburger, like I usually get
>Look through the digital menu
>It's organized into categorical folders; it's so stupid
>Continue looking
>Can't find what I want
>Not in the value menu section...
>Not in the burgers section
>I'm not even looking for the double hamburger any more. I could just find the double cheeseburger or mcdouble and tell them to remove the cheese
>No fucking luck
>what in the name of fuck?
>Press the "call assistance" button
>Someone comes by
>"Yeah, what's wrong with this menu? I'm looking for a double hamburger..."
>"We probably don't serve that anymore..."
>Are you fucking kidding me?
>She looks at me with a sincere 'look, I don't fucking know' shrug
>The sheer stupidity of this useless twat who gets paid to stand around with nothing to do breaks my patience
>I leave
>Haven't returned to the fucking place since.

Anyone else annoyed by this paradigm shift?

it's only going to get worse

It's right there user.

Y'know, they actually had those self-serve machines in the Jack in the Box where I use to work, but apparently they got rid of them because customers couldn't make super specific orders. Also, it sorta gives the customer the impression that they have to do extra work in order to get their food, and they don't like that.

I suppose it's cheaper and easier to train some loser to do everything at once.

what if the company itself doesnt serve that? spill it user, you sound like the kind of cunt who would bitch at everyone because s/he couldnt eat a meal for once.
where did this end? at you not getting the one item you grew accustomed to? or did you talk to a supervisor to find out what happened?
also not a good image, mcdouble and double cheeseburger on there (whats the diff?)

I haven't ran into these things yet. I feel like it could potentially be a good thing for people like me with special snowflake orders, there's no middleman to misunderstand me or accidentally punch in the wrong thing or anything.

That isn't a picture I took. When I went there, there was literally no cheapo burger. No single, no double, no double with cheese, no double double, all just top-shelf shit.

>go to a restaurant that has become a byword for mediocrity and poverty
>I didn't get waited on by intelligent and highly personable staff
Lol. And these people wonder why robots are replacing them. Actually, do they even? Or do they still believe that "Jews are replacing us with brown people" garbage?

We truly live in a dystopia. Poors are brainwashed into thinking that failure to eat at McDonalds is a betrayal of their class, while managing to blame "the elites" when their dining experience is, shockingly, somehow less than stellar.

Meanwhile the only way normies can interact with an intelligent human being anymore is to go to The Modern or Union Square Cafe where you're not allowed to tip and the waiters all have a 4 year degree.

I hope you don't actually behave that way in public.

What, ask for help, get none, and then leave to find a different source of food?

What did I do wrong?

Maybe this would be a good time to rethink your life and stop going to fast food joints.

Yeah, schlomo, why didn't you just order something else that was potentially more expensive off of their menu like a good little goy? Fucking disgraceful.

You're gonna have to spoonfeed me your opinion, friend, because I don't understand your point.

Should have ordered two cheeseburgers, peeled off the cheese and smeared it over the screen.
Also, I'm jelly of those prices.
I'd take a large no image, hot fresh fries and an ice cold Coca Cola!

>treating an employee who has nothing to do with it like shit
I hope they spit in your food

Previously, when McDonald's introduce self serve, they also removed a number of cheap burgers from their menu (depend on region), in order to enhance profit. Some of them are readded later. Probably a reason why it wasn't there

>HOW DARE HE COMMIT WRONGTHINK!!

Either you don't know how to read or you need to fuck off back to tumblr.

There's also a good chance they removed what you bought from the menu a long time ago, but because they had the old system and supplies, they continued to provide it to people who ordered. With the new system, they have no way to process such an order, so OH WELL.

Also, if you look RIGHT AT THE BOTTOM, there's a build your own burger option. So you can literally just order a custom burger with only a bun and 2 small patties

You would fit right in on tumblr with your whiny self important sense of entitlement.

Okay, so I assume that means you're moderately illiterate. Is this correct?

I assume you're mentally retarded. Is this correct?

Now what would make someone like you think that? Please, do let me know why you'd think that. I'm actually curious.

What

>OP quite obviously behaves like a sperglord in public
>call him out for it
>herp durr muh /pol/ memes
This pretty much outlines it.

>mcdouble and double cheeseburger on there (whats the diff?)
in this picture, the double cheeseburger costs 30¢ more, and has an extra slice of cheese.

where i live though(canada), the price difference is much higher, and much more than the cost of adding one slice of cheese. it's a scam to get extra money out of people who don't look at the menu prices and just ask for "a double cheeseburger"

i like them, they're an efficient way to find out what sauces they have at the moment, like Spicy Thai or whatever, without having to ask some high school moron who replies with "ketchup...... uh, mayonnaise........"

I don't get how I acted like a sperglord in public. Someone give me a play-by-play or something because either you have the wrong idea or you're fucking with me.

Don't just "what" me, double down! What have I done to make you believe that I am retarded?

>ETSUBATSU
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE where's muh mcdouble *grunts* *sharts*
>wench, why is muh double not here? What do you mean you don't know? *farts loudly* REEEEEEEEE

The employee told you that they don't serve the hamburger you're looking for and you apparently threw a fit even though it has nothing to do with them and then rushed home to tell anonymous strangers on the internet about your interaction.

Also complaining about the self serve machine when in actuality it's your inability to comprehend that the burger you want is not served anymore. It's no fault of the machine at all. You're just a whiney bitch who won't fork over an extra $1 for a bigger burger.

>thats right, its your fault for not getting the thing you want when you go to a restaurant and you should pay more for something you don't want!

Now that's what I'm talking about! Can you do it again, but this time in English?

>The employee told you that they don't serve the hamburger you're looking for
Yes.

>you apparently threw a fit even though it has nothing to do with them
There it is... There it is. It's why I assumed everyone's been accusing me of wrongthink or something. Let's look back at the OP together, shall we?

>Press the "call assistance" button
>Someone comes by
>"Yeah, what's wrong with this menu? I'm looking for a double hamburger..."
>"We probably don't serve that anymore..."
>Are you fucking kidding me?

Ok stop. Did you see it? Let's look a little closer

>>Are you fucking kidding me?

Do you see it yet? This line was missing 2 pairs of little lines... They look like this: "

They're called 'quotation marks'. They indicate when a person is speaking. Because this line had no quotation marks, it means the line was not spoken, as it had occurred. I don't yell at anyone. I asked about it, got an answer that confused and irritated me, thought to myself "are you fucking kidding me?" and left.

>rushed home to tell anonymous strangers on the internet about your interaction.

This happened last week and a conversation with a friend brought it up and I thought getting Veeky Forums's reaction would be interesting. It was. Everyone responding in anger did so because they misread or didn't read the OP.

>Not a lot of money to spend so I opt for something simple
thats exactly why these things exist

blame unions and other bullshit like that making it so fast food workers get paid a ridiculously high wage of $15 an hour for doing monkey work

this is the work around, by having you order at a kiosk the workers are now considered food runners and the laws no longer apply

>"confused and irritated" from a simple answer
Sperglord confirmed. Go jerk off to your mlp collection now, you autistic fat fuck.

Oh and there's more! Sorry!
>complaining about the self serve machine when in actuality it's your inability to comprehend that the burger you want is not served anymore.

Funny you should mention that. While looking through the menu, I noticed their buttermilk chicken sandwich was grayed out and the words "out of stock" were placed over the picture in red text. I could not find any of their small burgers, however, meaning I was either looking in the wrong place (which is kind of why you'd want to ask for assistance) or it wasn't in the menu, which is weird because it seems like such a commonplace item.

Also, what said.

>Oh shit he's right
>Better find something else to insult him about

You have to admit that one was pretty weak, lad.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're saying:

>Not having more money to spend on McDonald's has led to the use of computerized order-takers

>In response to the fight for 15, McDonald's has made it so that minimum wage laws don't apply to their employees, and they can start or perhaps continue paying them less than minimum wage.

Did I get that right?

These fast food menus are always organised fucking awfully, presumably because some overpaid UX jerkoff did a tiny A/B test and concluded they'd make more profit by showing people sixteen barely representative images instead of an actually useful listing.

I really like ordering a double cheeseburger with an extra patty and no ketchup, then adding a ketchup packet to my order and putting it on myself

interestingly enough they offered ketchup packets, but no mustard packets, at most or all of the McDonalds I visited while I was in Canada (but they had McChicken sauce so all was well)

>I really like ordering a double cheeseburger with an extra patty and no ketchup, then adding a ketchup packet to my order and putting it on myself

Weird, lmao. It comes with mustard too. Do you ask for it without any sauce or specifically no ketchup?

>Mustard packets
I've never been to a McDonald's that offers mustard packets besides the hot mustard sauce for nuggets.

Specifically no ketchup, and this is how I discovered the amount of mustard they put on is extremely small and 5 dots in a pentagon-shaped pattern.

Also I use the pickle to scrape off the onions but I usually leave 2 or 3 of the tiny bits

Dude, your habits are pretty silly desu. I do have similar rituals with pizza though...

>Someone orders pizza
>*clicks tongue* Nice
>I cannot eat cheese though, or I vomit
>While pizza is still hot, peel off the peperoni and other topings
>Use either a butter knife or my fingernail to scrape any cheese off the toppings as well. If I have to use my nail, I scrape away from myself so it doesn't bunch up under my nails
>Peel the crispy bits of cheese at the edge of the crust
>Pull heese off in one piece
>Replace toppings
>10/10 cheese-less pizza

Why shouldn't he be? It's literally been on their menu for decades. I can understand the irritation and confusion because he's probably never had it any other way.

Or, get this for a shockingly bold idea, he could have gone up to the counter and ordered exactly what he wanted by speaking to an actual human being.

See, I would have done that, but while waiting for someone to get to the register to let me order, an employee told me to order on the touch pad instead, implying they weren't going to let me verbally order my food...

>implying

Yes, clearly they don't like money.

Dude if I worked at McDonald's I wouldn't put up with your shit either. You literlly walked in to consume trash and your made because your particular style of shit-sandwhich created by compressing garbage, isn't there to stuff in your fat piggy food tube. Now your mad because the "Point at food for Yum Yum in Tum Tum" machine doesn't have your favorite picture. You make me fucking sick and if I could spit in your eye I would

>I suppose it's cheaper and easier to train some loser to do everything at once.
This.
OP go buy a few pounds of ground beef and make a burger your self.
Your heart will thank you later.

>Can't figure out how to use a self serve kiosk
>wants to go back to teenagers fucking up every other order because he's too stupid to figure out automated machines

Are you a baby boomer by any chance?

Someone comes to your work
Asked to buy the white toilet you have on display
But since they saw a jar of grape jelly on a counter, ask you "but" could you please spread jelly on the inside lid and and on one side of the bowl.
Sure you can do it, not like your busy...but but but! Fuck off....complaining about Fast Phood and the poor souls who have to put up with 15 assholes like you every hour. I bet your Gluten free too...and split salads with your mother at Applebee's.

Except if you worked at McDonald's your opinion wouldn't matter.

Hey dumbfuck, see the button that says Build Your Own...
>The sheer stupidity of this useless twat

Self serve is not retarded. Bad software developers are to blame. Kiosks are a meme anyway, soon you'll just use an app on your phone and a unmanned drone will drop it off at your location.

I do that every so often, but because I was coming home from a long day at school, fast food seemed... faster.

I'm not denying that you're right, it's usually just all around better, but that's just not what I decided to do that day.

Nah, I'm 22. Fucking up orders is also the fault of the line worker btw. They make the same thing day in and day out, expected to have 100% accuracy in assembled orders. They do this for years. Sometimes, they slip up and put cheese on the burger I didn't want cheese on. Sometimes the cashier forgets to put that on the order.

And yeah, the kiosk means more work trying to search for the item I want. I'm much slower at ordering what I want than the cashiers who are trained to do it. And besides. I wanted a hamburger. I couldn't find the hamburger. Why stay if I can't find or if they don't serve what I wanted?

The cashier almost never makes the food. If they do, it's their food business and they keep it low staff to maintain a desired level of intimate quality. In situations like that, they have the power to refuse substitutions and custom orders. I don't think that mentality flies in a place like McDonald's.

AND AGAIN, I'LL EXPLAIN IT IN SHORT
>want burg
>"Go to the kiosk and order burg on your own"
>try to find "burg"
>No burg
>Ask for help
>"where is burg"
>"We don't make burg"
>wtf
>leave

Yeah mcdonalds have gradually trying to rebrand themselves as healthy/classy. Those self serve things are so you can make your own burger. Apparently now you're too much of a pleb to afford to go to Mcdonalds because everything has a Djon mustard swirl on a Angus beef pattie topped with a Seasame bun and rocket/cherry tomato salad.

Ah, you're talking about the new feature McDonald's has that goes by way too many names

>Signature collection
>Signature selection
>Build your own hamburger
>Create your taste

In fact, that last one is what the black emblem says. Create your taste. I'm not gonna chide you on your naivete. It's actually quite admirable to not be aware of such corporate sprawling.

Basically, that 'build your own' category holds the most expensive hamburgers they serve.

Got you there.

Goes to ATM
Wants $20:36
ATM only gives out $20's
Stupid twats and their technology
There's no way I'm going to the teller.
Leave..
Goes to McD's for lunch....
Guess what happens?

Why are they eating the placemats ?

I still don't understand why you didn't order from the cashier if you didn't want to use the kiosk
Did you really think the cashier wouldn't serve you

DELET THIS

But but but, muh $15 dollars an hour...
Excuse me, where is the touch screen?

>Want the most basic hamburger they offer
>Instead of saying "I'd like a hamburger," to the cashier, have to initialize a kiosk, select 'build your own hamburger,' and go through what they say is a 5-step process to order the most basic hamburger offered at the establishment

Why though?

Is that lindybeige?

I too believe this is lindybeige.

Basically, that 'build your own' category holds the most expensive hamburgers they serve.

Expensive! Guess what I would serve you with that lint you have in your pockets... Get a job son.

That's the only thing I will admit sperging over even in the slightest.. I was told to order at the kiosk and the cashiers were spending every second not behind the register, so I just went with it. Assuming the cashier wouldn't let me order from them and that I had trouble with the kiosk, I decided there was no work around without putting up a fuss and I didn't feel like doing that, so I left.

Should I work at McDonald's? Hmmm :thinking:

Not wanting to spend more money on a shitty burger doesn't make someone poor.

Honestly, OP, aside from being mildly autistic about the whole ordeal and then posting about it you didn't do anything wrong. You went in wanting a certain product, they couldn't or wouldn't accommodate you or at least made it more trouble than its worth, and then you left. No reason to feel like you should just order something else.

I posted specifically to see what sort of reaction I'd get. I'm not mad at McDonald's really, and if I decide I want something that isn't a basic hamburger, I'll go back. Maybe for breakfast or something. I hear they brought back baked pies, so that's great news.

I do think the kiosk thing is hit and miss. Examples include:
>They provide you with common addition or substitution suggestions with your order
>They even have different meal options like parfait and salad with your sandwich, which may have always existed, but wasn't explicitly clear that they all cost the same amount
>You can even order amounts of condiment on your sandwich, like 'light mayo.' I always thought they put too much mayo on their chicken sandwiches.
>On the other hand, it took me an extra minute to figure out how to order a lemonade. I still have no idea what I did to change my drink to lemonade...
>WHERE IS THE FUCKING HAMBURGER!? IS IT ACTUALLY GONE OR IS IT TUCKED AWAY IN SOME SUPA SEKRIT FRUGAL PATRICIAN MENU?

You know, stuff like that... Hit and miss... For this to revolutionize the fast food business, they have to come up with more streamlined iterations. Perhaps a voice recognizing AI or something someday? Order to a robot who knows exactly what you're saying.

Let's just say self order fast food is having a slightly rocky start, but it's nothing anyone of high merit will report about.

You wanted a $15 minimum wage? Heres you $15 minimum wage.

they can rebrand themselves all they want, to me their food is cheap garbage and it will forever be cheap garbage. If i wanted goodfood i would either make it myself or go to a better place
All this means to me is that those two times a week i would have eaten there out of laziness now im going to eat somewhere else

I think it will be a long time before it really works. You really need to be able to just have cooks in the kitchen making the food and then setting it out for the customer and maybe a FOH attendant or two.

Its kind of silly to have to order from a kiosk then turn right around and go pay a cashier. Its really cuts out very little from the process and probably increase wait time and customer dissatisfaction for very little gain with a small group of people.

Yeah, like subway! Their sweet onion chicken is the best!

yeah, you can ignore that
you can ignore pretty much anything a retail employee tells you, they have no authority, you should have stayed there and kept ordering your food until someone took your order
last month i was at th supermarket with 4 items but the 15 items line had a fuck you line so i got behind some guy with a packed cart, cashieer told me four times there is a 15 articles line i i said yeah but didnt move so she had to scan my items anyways

fuck that, subway is disgusting
if you cant compete with a cold shitty sadwich i make at home while charging twice as much as i pay for it then why the fuck would i go there?

Be me:
Hungry have $20 in pocket.
Driving in car, drive past super market, humming should I get a steak! Pass store, a mile away a Burger King, drive though, order 2 burgers and a large drink, bill is $6.75. Drive away. Take out food, rolls are stale, patty Luke warm, drink watered down. I could have purchased Kobi Beef at thos prices per oz. and the fucks give you stale rolls and deluted soda filled with ice. Neva again!

>the impression that they have to do extra work in order to get their food, and they don't like that
Ever since they "upgraded" McD's from a single line service "order-wait-receive" to these bullshit double line service lately, where I have wait in one que in order to order the food and then again in the other one to actually get it, my annoyance level grew.

This just seems like it makes ordering much more complicated. The hell is wrong with just going to the counter and just ordering from there?

It's called fast Phood
It might not be fast enough for you
But the investors are "Lovin It"
Would you care for extra red dyed HFCS aka: ketchup on your Sawdust patty?

>Muh /pol/

Fuck off newfag

You can customize a burger, there was a sub menu if i remember. But anyway i always order at the counter.

see

It happened a fucking week ago and you're still bothered by it? Christ I forget about shit like that after a day. Get a hobby.

>I feel like it could potentially be a good thing for people like me with special snowflake orders
It's the exact opposite, actually. No custom orders.

No such thing as groupthink on tumblr. You have to stay connected through searching for tags or folliwing other blogs. I think most people just use it to digitally store art and porn.

Why are you defending yourself? Who fucking cares.

That's completely retarded.

The ability to make it easy and remove confusion from custom orders is the best possible benefit that system could have!

>self serve touch screen kiosk
say what now?

>self serve is retarded
more like
>I'm too retarded to point at things on a touchscreen
>it sorta gives the customer the impression that they have to do extra work in order to get their food, and they don't like that.
Amemerica strikes again

>OP is unable to properly make an order at MicDees after interacting with both a touch screen menu AND a human attendant.

Embarrassing.

>cant touch at the top to make whatever the fuck you want

you have autism, the only cure is a bullet

Also in a limited test area in Montana McDonald's is having guests cook their own food. You have to sign a waiver though after you pay because of the risk associated with the deep fryer.

>>Haven't returned to the fucking place since.
>Anyone else annoyed by this paradigm shift?

that's the right attitude. and IMO places that are actively trying to get rid of human jobs in favor of touch screens or robots should be avoided. these mega corporations continue to reap all the benefits of their position in the world but continually make every effort to give back less, whether it's offering inferior goods/services back in return, evading taxes, paying their employees less than living wages, and NOW trying to completely remove employees from the equation. it's disgusting and a sign of the times we live in where the gap in wealth between the mega rich and everyone else continues to grow, and unsurprisingly autocrats and fascists seeking to protect the interests of the mega rich rise in power

I bet they love you on /pol/

It also is a signal of the lack of human to human interaction that's becoming more and more prevalent in society. Fuck jobs, there is always jobs to be had.

Go to Disney World and sit on a bench for 10 minutes and just count the number of people walking around staring at their cell phones. Personally I think it's a huge and growing problem.

>I bet they love you on /pol/

wat? /pol/ is now all liberal SJWs now?

the times are passing me by...

I only like them since it helps people with social anxiety and stops Mccuck workers from demanding they deserve £15 an hour.

If my local McDonald's had these I would eat there once a week instead of once a month. People are getting dumber at such an alarming rate that I can't handle interacting with anyone. If they get burger machines I might eat there every day. This drive for diversity and equality has turned us all into niggers incapable of even working at McDonald's

It seems stupid for it to not have a search function. Searching has been possible since computers were babies. Now they want to make people fumble through menus when they know exactly what they want.

They're gearing up for fully automated burg joints hombre