Why does all the best butter come from France?

Why does all the best butter come from France?

I personally prefer Danish.

it's all the same shit

Wrong.

citation needed

Are you suggesting that all butter worldwide is made using the same breed of cow and those cows all eat an identical diet? Are you also suggesting that all countries have the same fat content standards for butter?

Lol.

>Are you suggesting that all butter worldwide is made using the same breed of cow and those cows all eat an identical diet?

no

> Are you also suggesting that all countries have the same fat content standards for butter?

no

i'm saying it's all the same shit

Nice try Frenchie, America wins again

I like French, Irish and Finnish butter. For bread and butter application, I like Irish or French, for baking I like French, for cooking I like French or Finnish.

>no
>no
>i'm saying it's all the same shit
Your statements are contradictory user.

This is a butter thread. Not a cancer-causing imitation spread thread.

butter is basically the same wherever it comes from

you have to prove that the factors you mentioned actually affect the butter

>you have to prove that the factors you mentioned actually affect the butter
If I could put a few different types of butter in front of you for a blind taste test I gladly would. But given that is impossible I'm not sure how I can convince you.

Right now your statements are so absurd that I'm just going to write it off as your tastebuds being broken. If you haven't realized that natural foods (meat, dairy, produce) varies in flavor depending on the exact breed/cultivar as well as the growing conditions of those foods then I'm not even sure what to say next. It would be like you asking me to write you a mathematical proof but you can't even add yet.

Let's try a related example that even the most sheltered of shutins will probably be able to deal with: Do you think a granny smith apple tastes the same as a golden delicious?

so you have absolutely no useful information that can evidence your old wives tale, great.

I might have some information but I need to know what I'm working with user.

Please answer my apple question. I'm using that to judge your level of culinary experience to determine what to mention next.

no, you've obviously got nothing or you would've said it by now

Coca Cola is the same wherever it comes from, but it tastes wildly different from state to state, let alone country to country based on their water and sugar supplies. Butter is no different you tasteless pleb.

I've got plenty of things to say, but I don't know if they're over your head or not.

You already seem to not grasp how different diets affect the flavor of meat or dairy products so it seems kind of silly for me to talk about that since you'd likely not get it.

The reason I asked you about apples is to gauge how retard-friendly I have to make this explanation.

no, coca cola is all the same shit too unless it uses a different recipe

good job telling me about coca cola because you don't know anything about butter though

>You already seem to not grasp how different diets affect the flavor of meat or dairy products

you clearly cannot grasp it yourself if you can't tell me

You're either a troll or a flyover hillbilly retard. Either way fuck off.

>what i say is true
>why
>BECAUSE IT'S TRUE
>why
>YOU'RE STOOPID

>you clearly cannot grasp it yourself if you can't tell me
I already did tell you: different countries have different fat content standards resulting in the butter having a different recipe. and of course different cows produce different flavors of milk (and therefore butter and cheese) based on their breed as well as their diet.

Thus it logically follows that different butters would taste different, the same way that a Pacific salmon tastes different from an Atlatnic salmon, or that a Granny Smith apple doesn't taste the same as a Golden Delicious.

Then you posted the contradictory response of So either your brain is broken, or you're a troll (which is pretty much the same thing)

> different countries have different fat content standards resulting in the butter having a different recipe.

why would the presence of more or less water make for a profound difference in taste

>nd of course different cows produce different flavors of milk (and therefore butter and cheese) based on their breed as well as their diet.

citation needed

>why would the presence of more or less water make for a profound difference in taste
Less water means more fat. Fat tastes different than water.

>>nd of course different cows produce different flavors of milk (and therefore butter and cheese) based on their breed as well as their diet.
>citation needed
Surely you must have noticed that, say, normal mozzarella cheese tastes a lot milder than than mozz di bufo. Or how cheeses taste different from various regions even though the basic recipe (milk + rennet) is the same. Or how grass-fed beef tastes different than normal beef.

>Less water means more fat. Fat tastes different than water.

but what you're eating is already upwards of 80 percent fat

>Surely you must have noticed that, say, normal mozzarella cheese tastes a lot milder than than mozz di bufo. Or how cheeses taste different from various regions even though the basic recipe (milk + rennet) is the same. Or how grass-fed beef tastes different than normal beef.

and i want you to prove to me, with actual information rather than comparisons and appeals to my own experience, that butter is the same as those things