Why isn't this a thing?

Why isn't this a thing?

coffee + raw cocoa powder?

It's kind of nice.

I just mixed 2 teaspoons nescafé powder and 2 tablespoons cocoa powder with hot water. I'm talking cocoa solids not some nesquick drink mix or some shit like that.

tell me more daddy

That sort of is a thing. When I was a kid I was really into the "Dragonriders of Pern" fantasy books. They described a fictional beverage called klah or something like that. I haven't read the books in 20 years so I might be spelling that wrong.

Anyway, it was sort of unique to the books, kind of like butterbeer in harry potter. I remember seeing a recipe for it once in one of the official books that was basically what you described. Coffee plus cocoa powder. I made it once. It was fucking disgusting. And I suspect that's why its limited to obscure sci-fi fandom rather than something that people actually consume regularly.

Sounds like a great combination for guaranteed heartburn.

I prefer it to be sugared cocoa, but you can get this at most any breakfast joint. Even at Starbucks you can ask for half hot chocolate and half coffee.

Why it's not more often a menu item, I dunno.

it isnt a thing cos its objectivly bad lol

either drink coffee or cocoa no mixing

Don't you fucking tell me what to do you son of a bitch.

What if you added a small amount of it to the filter to give the coffee an undertone of chocolate?

TRIPLE DUBS MY GOD

I added 10g Of Nestle® Hot Cocoa mix to my coffee this morning in place of milk and it was superb. Would recommend.

When I was in Ecuador, I noticed some cafes had a little dish of some kind of cocoa/chocolate powder next to the sugar and honey. I presume it was for mixing in with your coffee

Filter as in paper filter? Don't, it will clog the paper and the coffee will take forever to drip out. I use a tsp of cocoa with a french press
coffee occasionally, works nicely.

It's not "a thing" because it's fucking horrible. Even though 99.9999% of us won't admit it, we've ALL tried some variant of it, & it's fucking awful.

>you are obviously too young to be here. Reported.

There's a coffee shop in Sarasota that does that. They call it the "redneck mocha."

When I'm forced to get gas station coffee, I'll usually add a shot of that weird "english toffee" mocha or whatever it is that comes out of the hot dispenser.

It is a thing. That's why every coffee house has a cocoa powder shaker.

Shit, I made that recipe for an elementary school book fair.

It got a lot better if you added cinnamon. But mocha (coffee, cocoa, milk) is also a thing and easy to stumble into.

>raw cocoa powder
This is for retarded hippies, cacao should be roasted to bring out flavors. What you are doing is the equivalent of ground up unroasted coffee beans.

I like half a cup of cold black coffee poured into a pint of frothy stout(murphy's) in the morning, tastes delicious.

espresso in hot chocolate is a mocha

tasty

Steve1989 does this fairly often

I thought that's what mocha is

Don't drink either though, so I'm not informed particularly well

hello fellow cumby's customer

Sometimes I put half a teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder on my coffee grounds, it's nice

I usually do that too, or I use one of those international delight creamers if they're still available before all the bums and old people come in to steal them.

What is a mocha?

dunno about cocoa powder, but I like black coffee with ground ginger. gives it a nice heat/spice kick. dunno if its already a thing or not. I just came up with the idea one day when I was out of milk and been doing it ever since
>don't even drink coffee that much 2bh

because everywhere else it called a: mochachino

>Steve1989 does this fairly often
Wrong.

He mixes instant coffee with an equivalent to hot chocolate. The chocolate drinks in military rations typically have some oil solids and sugar.

I believe you all may have missed the explicit choice of words OP used.

Almost a thing OP...time to kick it up a notch.

Use Luker morena (dark sugar) chocolate for hot chocolate. Break off a brick of it, add to hot milk, microwave til steaming, stir in the chocolate and then add your heaping teaspoon of espresso powder, preferably Cafe Bustelo.

Latino hot chocolate squares aren't just powder, but cocoa solids, and they're made with the dark piloncillo sugar with all of its molassey roastiness and rich sweetness. Enjoy your creation the gourmet way.

>cocoa powder and solids

Just melt a bar in, cabrón

That shit is way too sweet.

You aren't putting chocolate milk in your coffee why??

Ok but what about
>cinnamon

When I worked for circle k I used to make the Columbian coffee with 2 packs instead of one and would put hot chocolate in it with a pump of chocolate flavoring
Also chocolate Dr pepper is delicious

I add espeso tablea (cacao cubes) to a saucepan full of coffee (boiled from grounds since I don't bother with a machine.)

It tastes like drinking dark chocolate and coffee at the same time, which is basically what it is, cocoa fat and all.

Add ginger tea (sugar + ginger powder) to taste.

I suppose I should mention that espeso tablea don't usually have sugar added, and I'd be using plain ginger powder if I could find it.

>bring 16 oz mug
>vend 8 oz serving black coffee into mug
>vend 8 oz serving hot chocolate into same mug
>stir
>enjoy
That's what I do at my office's drinks machine. Shit's good, however I'd take a cup of good hongkongese Yinyong over that any day.

>Even at Starbucks you can ask for half hot chocolate and half coffee.

Do you mean a mocha latte?