What's the

Strangest meat you've eaten?

Other urls found in this thread:

cooking.stackexchange.com/questions/68192/what-are-chicken-paws
carnivore.co.za/index.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ur mom

Jellyfish, tastes like salty rubber

I guess it would be nurtia, which is kinda like a huge rat. They're an invasive species around here in New Orleans, and while they're not commonly eaten the cajuns cook them up a lot. I've tried baked nutria a couple of times over the years, though it's not anything great. Kinda like gamey, mediocre chicken I guess?

Eh, I guess it's subjective but I'd say turtle, really odd texture. I've eaten other stuff like whale, shark, alligator...the list goes on. But the weirdest for me was turtle by far.

dolphin. was really delicious

I got some strange meat in my stew once when a child. I could hardly chew it and it had a strange, gray colour. My dad asked the staff but they didn't know. He then bought the plate into the kitchen to ask the chef. He came back without the meat and with some fries instead and wouldn't tell us what kind of meat it was.

How do you even cook jellyfish? Did you eat it raw?

Dog, cuy (little Andean hamster things), capybara, camel, llama, sea squirts, various kinds of frogs and snails, cone snails, silkworm larvae... I’m sure I’m forgetting a whole bunch. I eat what’s on offer.

What's camel like?

Not him, I've only had it as a burger. It tasted like a fatty, mellow lamb cut.

Penis or crocodile.

You boil it in water to get rid of the ridiculous amount of salt, then add a shit ton of soy sauce to make it palatable. It's really not the best system.

Are those sheep cocks?

Frog legs, probably the weirdest taste and still unsure if I like it. Taste like chicken which isn't bad it's the fishy taste at the end that throws me off. Then again I'm not sure if fishy is the best way to describe it but you know when you eat it that you're eating something that came from swampy area.

I dont know if I eat it well, but crocodile tastes as chicken coocked in fish oil.

Bitch please. It's little chicken sticks and if it tasted funny then it was improperly prepared. Give it another go at a better establishment or make them yourself.

yeah I have never really tasted anything with a truly weird texture. I'm just boring like that. maybe squid

Had them in Georgia, not really sure where I would find Frog Legs to cook on my own in Florida.

>>remove salt
>>add salt

Dick

Right? Those are totally sheep cocks.

Llama tastes amazing.

Anyway I guess its bull's balls in a soup, altough its pretty normal where I live

You tasted dick? What was it like? I dream of eating dick

horse count?

Went to a whale restaurant in Japan. Whale taste like beef but is tougher and more expensive. Would probably be ok if it was a lot cheaper.

Made shark tacos in Japan as well. They were OK but a white fish makes much better fish tacos when fried.

We went fishing in the chesapeake bay and caught three cownose rays (about 40 inch wingspan each) I figure the saying "save the bay eat a ray" still applied, so I cut one up and batter fried with old bay and lime. Tasted amazing.

GONna spice up this delicia tonight!

U...uma?

I read horse cunt. I am ashamed of myself.

bruh don't eat that

I shot an armadillo that was digging along my foundation and wouldn't leave even when I hit him with a stick. I dressed and cooked him using this Joy of Cooking 1970's edition recipe. It was pretty good, like a gamey pork.

enjoy your brain prions

didnt cut the paws off

Ostrich.

Best meat I've eaten in my life.

Meh, I thought it was okay. I had it ground though so I dunno if it's better in cuts.

You didn't get leprosy?

I had it a long time ago at a chinese place and I had a different preparation. It was served cold in a light sesame oil type thing and soft but crunchy. I kinda liked it.

>diet soda

The eyes say "WHY!?"

Seemed like it was super trendy 10-15 years ago, saw ostrich farms everywhere.

Had dog a couple different times in different ways when I lived in Beijing. Not terrible, not fantastic. A bit chewers than I thought it would have been.

Probably not that strange, but I've tried impala and it was amazing. Unlike anything I've tasted before but quite gamey (understandably). I'm from yurop but visited Botswana where I tried it

Yup/ Texture of chicken with taste of fish.

do you live in america?

It's like a mix between cow and lamb except very juicy, tender and the fat is actually tastier than cow fat.

Amazing animal.

WTF is that?

i cant tell if it's a dog, a monkey or a person

Just go to a gay bar

Are those starfish on the left side?

I accidentally ate rat one time when I was in China in the 90s.

It was sold to me as fried chicken but I realized part of the way through eating it that the anatomy was all wrong and there were four legs.

Looks like rubberized spinal chord

U M A
D E L I C I A

In order to contract leprosy you'd need to lack immunity, use an infected armadillo, and undercook it.

I've seen this shit like 100 times now and it still irks me

But the mouth says "WHY NOT!?"

>diet sunkist

its his goofy hue smile with braces

>cut of the most tasty part

it was likely cat

Looks great

Dick

Is that a raccoon?

i haven't really had any crazy meats, most unique i've had would probably be crocodile. it's not uncommon in florida. good in portions, but it's better as an accompaniment than a meal

Picked these up from Wal Mart the other day because they were reduced to $1.50 a package.
Strange in that I had to chop off all the chicken nails, so I had a pile of chopped off chicken nails in my kitchen. Then I scrubbed their feet, and a few of the feet had these dark, wart-like growths on the bottoms that I had to shave off.

I fixed them up like dim sum claws and ate a couple. It tastes like cartilage and collagen. Not saying it's a bad thing, but it's a lot of effort for a little meat and all the flavor comes from the sauces you season them with. So if you fuck up the sauce, you're fucked. It's just weird eating a meat that doesn't depend on its own merit but rather the seasoning.

>chicken paws
I fucking hate my country.

Brazilians are savages

Those are great in soup or souse.

Oh sorry, FEET. Christ.

Stop it right now, there is a difference between 'paws' and 'feet' and OP was correct to call those paws.
>cooking.stackexchange.com/questions/68192/what-are-chicken-paws

whats is so bad about eating monkey ?

Bull penis + balls. They call it torpedo soup here.
The texture is okay. Slightly chewy but they simmer it for hours so it wasnt bad.
But I could detect a hint of ammonia. Maybe they didnt properly clean the piss duct.

Snails.
They were in garlic sauce though so they didn't taste of anything but garlic.

american chicken

Alligator nuggets in Florida

Probably not too strange but I've had chicken hearts before. Tasted like chicken but a little tougher.

kokoreç, it's lamb intestines

it was surprisingly good but it really had a heavy lamb taste to it, they served it in a sandwich with oregano lemon and red pepper. I tried this while I was in Turkey

went well with beer

It's gotten so popular in China, there's been a noticeable increase of exports in the Port of Savannah as Georgia poultry farms are in a position to fill the yuge demand.

I picked up some stingraw..flaps (wings?). Well, they're not really fins but whatever.
Cooked them in a Malaysian curry that turned out pretty well.

Sounds interesting

cougar, like greasy turkey

A kenguruu
And.. it tasted real good. A bit chewy but it was old and sick so whattoyou expect??

Mountain lion

You have been visited by the good night Kenguruu. You will be blessed with cozy, restful sleeps, but only if you comment: "sleep tight Kanga"

>not really sure where I would find Frog Legs to cook on my own in Florida.
you go to the swamp and kill them with a sharp pointed stick. it's called frog giggin'

Kek, did they censor the word "penis" with a starfish?

Sleep tight kenga

I'd hesitate to eat dolphin personally. Unlike most animals, they actually seem pretty sapient. They just lack a lot of markers we as humans look for in defining personhood, like use of tools and a language we can understand(at least in theory). But dolphins have no use for tools and their language is too alien to decipher, let alone speak.

Haha haha the starfish is decorative you don't eat it Haha

Ants. They're quite tasty but some of them have a bleach-like aftertaste

Sleep tight kenga

Squirrel.

Alabama.

Mmmm, squeezle!

Cat
It was good

Something that looked like soft white honeycomb that was chewy as hell and tasted like shit. It was at a Chinese yum-cha restaurant and the people I was there with didn't know how to say what and where it came from in English.

hippo elephant crocodile giraffe etc
its a local buffet restaurant that serve all these.
carnivore.co.za/index.php

sleep tight kenga

Kangaroo or shark

Shark was really fishy and stringy - I wouldn't have it again. Kangaroo was a very unusual taste. Almost had a fishiness to it - not at all what I expected from a red meat.

Sea lion or whale.

Tripe. I get it in pho and it's pretty good.