Sausage fingers

Did a "dry" run with a glove filled only with water and cooking oil first. Had to make sure it wouldn't break down although I was pretty sure nitrile would hold up. And it did.

Other urls found in this thread:

hourglass-intl.com/2016/10/03/are-these-gloves-food-safe/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Okay?

That tin foil is just to keep it from getting burnt from the bottom.
The nitrile glove held out. Do not use latex gloves for this.

Sausage mix is 500 g. minced veal/pork with a couple chopped mushrooms, an egg, handfull of breadcrumbs soaked in milk, cardamom, salt, pepper, cayenne, nutmeg

The finished sausage mix. Make sure you let the crumbs soak for a while before throwing them in with the other ingredients. You don't want wet milky sausages.

Fills three gloves size L. Getting the airpockets out of them was a bit of a hassle and I definitely learned as I went. This became evident in the final product. Take your time massaging the meat into the fingers and farting back out the air in them.

Obviously can't fry these so I kept them just under a boil for about an hour and a half.

You can see the airpocketproblem here. I knew they wouldn't come out entirely whole but it wasn't as bad as I expected either. With practice I could probably get mostly whole hands.

Status.
Glove 1: detached thumb and ringfinger
Glove 2: detached thumb
Glove 3: fully intact!

Thumb is definitely the weakest link here. Gloves were carefully removed with scissors.

Finished product. I will brown them in the oven before eating but I had a bit of a detached finger already and it was pretty good.
I'm fairly confident in my sausage seasoning so I just eyeballed it. If you're new to sausagemaking I suggest you season somewhat carefully and then take a small dab of the mix, fry it on a pan, taste it, and adjust.

Thanks for reading.

10/10 would eat.

Lol. Interesting technique. 9/10, thanks for sharing, OP.

why?

Done.
Having them with chips/freedom fries/pommes frites

Make Hamburger Helper outta one

I don't think we have that product where I live but after a quick search I can see why we'd want it.

but... why?

is it 'safe/healthy' to cook in latex?

I very much doubt it. I did this with nitrile specifically because latex breaks down when exposed to oil/fat. Nitrile, as far as I know, does not.

what made you want to do this?

I was bored

good enough for me. how did it taste?

hahaha that's a great fucking idea! good shit.

I'm pretty sure nitrile's not the only thing in nitrile gloves. As a rule of thumb if it's not made for cooking you probably shouldn't cook in it.

Could be useful for Halloween

Turkeys for thanksgiving

Pretty good sausage. Browning them in the oven a bit really took them to the next level too.
Did not taste of the gloves at all.

Doing this once isn't going to kill me or make me grow tits but I doubt it would be healthy to make a habit of it.

laughed like 2 min straight at this shit

Jesus christ.
How horrifying.

Great thread OP, when I saw the sausage hands out of the "wrapper" I choked on my beer laughing

Oookay. We all know where this is heading regarding latex products.

Brilliant.

You could reduce the air bubbles by oiling the glove, pricking pin holes at the tips and piping the sausage mix in one finger at a time.

I fucking hate this place.

Halloween

hourglass-intl.com/2016/10/03/are-these-gloves-food-safe/

Excellent news!
I'm still alive too so I figured it wasn't THAT deadly.

Had another hand broken up and browned on a pan with an onion today. Rice, rawit peppers, and fresh basil on the side.

well done

Yeah, but why did it have to be hands?

Because they don't sell gloves with other shapes

They look like that woman who turned into soup in her tub.

Making a silicone mold might be better.