Spicy food culture

What is your opinion on spicy food culture?

Anything that makes your asshole burn and sweat is too much.

only use peppers that still allow you to taste the food

I have a high tolerance to heat. I just put ghost pepper flakes on my pulled chicken sandwich and had them on my fried eggs this morning. I love the taste of different peppers, though, not just a douchebag about "muhhhh scoville".

Pure heat alone doesn't do it for me. If I want something spicy, it should have well balanced flavors beyond the "wow that's hot!!! xD" meme. For example, I don't like Tabasco sauce because it's just heat + vinegar. I'd prefer something like El Yucateco, which has hot sauces with deeper flavor, like hints of garlic and onion, and mild fruitiness that comes from the flesh of the habanero pepper.

Spicy food is fine, good even. But faggot numales that make a """"""""culture"""""""" out of need to be euthanized. Similar to craft beer.

madame jeanette is the best Chili man can find. IO have access to almost all the chili's in the world from Indian Jolokia's and Indonesian and Thai variaties of rawit and lombok to a wide range of Mexican and Caribbean chili's like scotch bonnet, habanero's porblano's. Also a lot of Europeran variaties here even those weird looking white Hungarian peppers and Turkish banana's. But the true master race is madame jeanette. It always had been and always will be. As the legend goes she was the hottest prostitute in Paramaribo so thats why the chili is named after her. I believe that legend to be true.

I like spicy foods. I don't like people who think they're cool for eating something spicy. I like a balance of spice with other flavors. That's why mango and habanero work so well together.

I have no problem with spicy foods as long as it understands that is vastly inferior to traditional foods.

I like pretty spicy foods, i eat extremely spicy food when I have a cold though

Anything past Cayenne yields diminishing returns. Spice overpowers flavor and you're just consuming them to say you did.

>durr what is differing tolerance levels

I've never heard of spicy food culture. But I like a lot of foods from cultures that go heavy on the spice. I don't mind dishes that make me sweat and my eyes water.

>traditional food can't be spicy
The absolute state of Veeky Forums

It can ruin your experience if you are not carful but spice really elevates some dishes. Because it developed as a method to preserve food in warm climates it also has a lot to do with culture. In Mexico, a lot of snacks and candy intended for childern have some spice in it, and most fruit such as jicama mangos and apples are consumed with "tajin" which is powdered chilli.

Really depends on your spice tolerance. My favourite peppers are habanero, most things under that just aren't spicy enough for me.

There's a point where putting spicy peppers in food stops being about the flavor and instead is about showing everyone how big your balls are. I don't mind if food is spicy but if it's so hot you can't taste the food anymore you're doing something wrong.

There's no such thing as "so hot you can't taste the food". If you eat something that's all spice and flavor it means they didn't season it well to begin with.

How long does it take to build tolerance? I wanna eat yummy hot peppers without being in agony.

I Cant eat hot peppers because im allergic to them so they would kill me.

jus a pinch of cay*

It instantly brings to mind redditors raised by single mommy in the mid to late 90s who have no masculine accomplishments and pretend eating spicy food means they're real boys now.

am i a faggot for putting cha almost on everything?

You're a faggot for calling it "cha" and also typing like a non-white.

This. They probably had gay haircuts too.

>scoville scale
>no 7 pot varieties listed
shit list, tbqh.

Chef John, peace be upon him. Death to the infidels.