Best Canned Beans?

Are there any better, cheaper bean options than Heinz? I've been going through 4-5 cans a week and still feel unsatisfied. Should I try a different brand.

t. Bean boy

Sure, there are cheaper generic or "store" brands.

I'd suggest cooking your own beans starting from dry. Much cheaper than canned, and you get full control over how they are done so you can easily address whatever it is that you are unsatisfied with.

Cheaper it isn't, but for me it is B&M Beans, the best baked beans.

god damn it, every fucking time i forget the fucking picture

FUCK

These are sickeningly sweet and textureless. Ayam brand for GOAT tier

Its really just an issue with how filling they are, I tried cooking my own beans but I found them sub-par. I'll guess I'll just have to practise

They are quite sweet that's why I'm trying to cut down to 2 cans a week.

>I tried cooking my own beans but I found them sub-par.
Post what you did and we can find the the problems.

The biggest one I see is people cooking their beans in water instead of using a good flavorful broth or stock instead.

It was a while back, I haven't got anything cooking right now or a good camera.
But I think you are right about using water instead of broth or stock, I'll be sure to try that next time. Thanks

>basic baked beanz
heh, step aside, kid.

This is the only brand we have in the US for the English style tomato sauce that I know of. They're okay but I don't get why people have such a boner for them. Just bland ass beans. The sickeningly sweet New England baked beans are even worse.

Those are nice too

What's the best way to eat these canned beans?

Pretty much any household in Britain has one of these cans, I'm guess its because there isn't any real competition for baked beans in Britain, its store brand or heinz

with peanut butter

Its all a matter of opinion, I prefer cooked on the hob in its sauce with some buttered toast

I think we all know the answer to that question

My beanbro

I tired this and it was bad. The bread got all soggy. Did I do something wrong?

>no real competition
You clearly haven't been paying attention.

But if you're getting through 4-5 cans a week, you should probably cut down.

Cooking your own would definitely work. Tweak the recipe.

Yeah I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on the bean industry, I haven't really explorer other brands so I admit I am wrong there.
I am definitely aware that I need to cut down on beans and am taking steps to quell it

Try to pour more bean than sauce on the toast

I'll assume you're American since you're posting on a site ONLY for Americans. What you want is Grandma Brown's Baked beans.

>Japanese owned website
>hosted on servers in the uk
I'm pretty sure Americans are a minority on here.

>selling a ford to a chink means it's a chink car now
>thinking the servers aren't in the USA
I'm pretty sure you're just a second worlder who makes shit up to feel as if you belong somewhere you don't. Anyway, Grandma Brown's is what OP needs. You can trust me. I'm American and that means I know more about good food than other, inferior countries.

I'm a Brit user

Whatever.
Americans are still a minority here.

Was grandma brown a real person or some faceless corporate identity that uses the image of a sweet old women to manipulate me. also what makes her beans superior?

Did this ever get a follow up?
I swear I've seen an extented version before

What a shame.
>doesn't prove his assertion
>just repeats it
No wonder we run the planet and produce the best baked beans while you live in huts made out of stone.
I honestly don't know or care. The flavor and mostly the texture. A lot of beans are far too soupy. Grandma Brown's are thicker like what you would expect to get served at a cookout or picnic.

Sounds appetising desu, I'd like to hope I could find a can but I'm not sure if they are an american exclusive brand.

honestly you just need to eat it quicker or pour beans over the toast you'd like to eat just before you eat it if you're not a fan of the soggy bread.

>tfw you remember all American food culture was born of English food culture

You need a pressure cooker to cook beans properly at home

Is it impossible to make cook beans thoroughly without one?

Yes, people hardly ate beans before the invention of the pressure cooker.

>English
>food culture

I see, I've learned a lot from this thread thanks a lot for giving input anons

That's just an idiotic lie, user. Don't be stupid.