Food & Cooking

Eating should be about sustinence, not enjoyment. That's why so many first-world countries have obesity problems.

k

>Sustenance
>All fruits that have to be shipped to most of America
>Obese because we don't eat enough sugary fruit
What did op mean by this?

We get the message you are trying to convey. You don't need to keep making shitty threads about it. You need to instead process the fact that no one on this board cares about said message.

>stop enjoying things
fuck off

i love fatsos who think that eating fruit is bad because it has sugar

>Implying a meal of just fruit isn't as retarded as just meat

Eating all fruit isn't healthy, but sugar in small amounts is good for you. Eating fruit is a much better way to incorporate sugar into your diet than eating a chocolate bar. Jfc

>Eating should be about sustinence, not enjoyment.
Actually is should be about moderation. There's nothing wrong with developing palatable methods of food consumption, or even indulgent ones. Food is a part of culture.

If everybody trained themselves on chicken, beans, and steamed broccoli, you'd probably see even more fat people because the novelty of junk food would lure them in.

Probably should've been more clear about what I meant. My bad. For the most part, food should be about sustenance. However, having a great every once in a while is fine. I'm just saying that people need to quit telling themselves that they need to love every fucking meal they eat. Vegetables are bland but healthy. Get over it

Why does it have to be one or the other? Healthy food should taste good, the problem is that a lot of people have warped taste buds from a poor diet full of too much sugar.

It would go against the whole point of evolution and basic survival if we didn't enjoy the taste of healthy foods that are good for us. A bacon cheeseburger does have some health benefits in providing high quality protein and lots of calories that we need along with B12/iron, but most people with healthy diets and proper taste buds will still want vegetables and other foods to balance out the rich and fatty burger. In this case there's nothing wrong with eating that.

>Vegetables are bland but healthy. Get over it
Nah m8 I love the taste of cabbage, carrots, mildly bitter lettuces, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, etc. If you just eat them boiled and plain then yeah they're going to taste a little bland but even just adding a little salt and vinegar or lemon juice makes them taste incredible.

What if I enjoy the sustenance? What if rice and beans gives me a raging half-chub?

Not the guy you're replying to, but that's a real bad argument. Adding salt and vinegar to a food shouldn't be a requirement for it to be considered "not bland". That's kind of proving his point.

That being said, I love boiled Brussels sprouts. No salt needed.

But it's not like salt and vinegar are unhealthy, and if you're saying we shouldn't even be seasoning food then you're crossing into some kind of weird "no fun allowed" territory. I could eat them plain and unseasoned, but it's better when they are. Same goes for most foods. My point was more that people who think healthy foods are bland and boring just don't know how to properly cook and season them in ways that don't involve throwing bacon and cheese on them.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't be seasoning food. I'm not saying anything about health.
You're reaching.
But you can't claim a food is not bland, and then immediately say that it should be eaten with salt, vinegar, and lemon.

You're a troll. Name me one food that you eat unseasoned that tastes good

>Life should be about staying alive, not enjoyment.

I'll name 7.
Brussels sprouts.
Steak.
An over easy egg.
Tofu, but it has to be pressed of all moisture.
Chicken breast. Boiled, fried, doesn't matter.
Rice. Preferably white.
A baked potato. Granted, it tastes much better with chives, onion, and butter.

my point had nothing to do with seasoning being wrong or bad.

I just said they taste "a little bland" when boiled and unseasoned, and that it tastes better when seasoned. It's not so much that I was saying Brussels sprouts themselves are bland, but that method of preparation is bland.

No.
You replied to a guy who corrected his stance, and said that vegetables were bland but healthy.

You can't NOW just say that " UNSEASONED vegetables are bland" because first of all, no shit, and second of all, that wasn't what you initially said in your reply. You're back-pedaling. You're arguing just for the sake of it.

>say you like vegetables but some methods of preparation make them bland
>user gets mad at you

>Not salting your steak, eggs, chicken, tofu
Most of those things are objectively the blandest possible food. You just like prison food, you spend much time in prison?

No, I was just brought up to enjoy a meal before altering it with salt. Then, once I got older and began dieting to maintain my weight and health, I began eating and enjoying simpler foods more often than not. I love salty foods and excessive seasonings as much as the next person. It's just not necessary.

>Eating should be about sustinence, not enjoyment.
If you live in a mudhut in the Congo, I 100% agree.

You get to say that when you eat nothing but oatmeal thickened with protien powder and washed down with water and a vitamin pill.

Three meals a day for the rest of your life.

Is this bait

You forgot EVERY VARIETY OF FRUIT AND NUT IN THE WORLD

don't you have spell check in your shitty country? go back to foraging for twigs and rats, faggot