Make food

>make food
>it tastes like shit

Never give up!

i'm not getting better. everything i put effort into turns out poorly. the amount of effort i put into a meal doesn't translate into how good food should taste. If i just dump things in the oven and salt them they usually turn out fine.
this is so demoralizing

What kind of food are you trying to make?

The things that I tried making are pork stew, chicken stew and rice. I can kind of excuse the stew because i know i suck at cooking so im obviously doing something wrong. but i cant even make a decent batch of rice.

>made Mujaddara recipe for the first time
>it came out delicious

Did you follow a recipe OP? You need some cooking sense because sometimes it doesn't go exactly how the recipe plans for it.

>make food
>it tastes good

>Did you follow a recipe
The first couple of times i followed a recipe but things tasted a bit off. then i decided to add more things that would taste good and it ended up disastrous. oddly enough if i start off not following a recipe and just do whatever i want the food comes out about the same as if i had followed it.

Invest in a ricecooker or keep trying until you get it right. I literally burnt the shit out of the bottom of a pot the other day following this gook's guide on youtube. It wasn't that bad though, since I still got some edible rice from it to eat with the gyudon I made. But from experiences like that, you'll need to keep finding out what works for you.

I used to suck at rice and mac n cheese. Those took me a while to get down, just keep practicing or get a rice cooker like said. Cooking on lower temperatures and waiting a longer time than the recipe calls for until I learned my stove and pots/pans helped me. I.e. if the recipe says high heat, go with medium heat. What kind of pork and chicken stew?

I didn't know stews came in different types. they almost always have potatoes tho. I try to make them a bit thicker but they turn out like the consistency of water.

dumb frogposter

>they turn out like the consistency of water.
There's an easy fix for that, a cornstarch slurry. Stir in a tablespoon of cornstarch into a tablespoon or 2 of water. Whisk until it's dissolved and add right into the stew. Stir it into the stew slowly so it doesn't clump and make sure you bring the temperature up to a boil, then turn it back down. The liquid needs to boil or it won't thicken properly. Repeat the process if it still isn't thick enough for you. Some people use flour to do the same but I think cornstarch works as a better fix.

Cornstarch can work but I find cornstarch works better when you're using a small amount of sauce as a topping. For a stew I prefer roux for a thickener, the butter gives it a better consistency and it's less gloopy.

I'll just strain the stew and measure how much liquid I have, then make the proper amount of roux for it. 4 tbsp butter, 4 tbsp flour for every 2 cups of liquid. You can use less if you want a thinner gravy. Slowly add the liquid to the roux, bring to a simmer until it's thick then add the stew ingredients and let them heat up for a little bit if they cooled down too much.

how was i supposed to find any of this stuff out? Also thanks for the cornstarch idea will definitely try it out and see what happens. if i boil the excess water away will that leave me with a thicker stew?

Kys weeb shit stain

>if i boil the excess water away will that leave me with a thicker stew?
Depends if there's gelatin or starch from any of the foods being cooked that got into the water. If so, then it'll thicken, but you might just end up with less liquid that has the same consistency.

>make scrambled eggs
>turns into water without solidifying or curdling

Literally how? Did you forget to turn the burner on?

Why are frog poster not a permaban offense yet?

you may not have much talent for it and probably a poor palette but im sure you can become decent if you want

no

It soon will be, now that the creator of the comic is going crazy demanding every site to take their racist pepes down

>pan fry regular market preseasoned steaks
>add s n p + 2 tips you learned
>meh tier steaks turns to gods cum

>>add s n p + 2 tips you learned
?

Cooking a decent meal isnt that hard. It's as simple as googling a recipe and following simple steps. If you aren't capable of cooking a half decent meal for yourself you might actually be retarded.

Failing to cook a stew? Like what was wrong with it, its hard to imagine a way to mess up a stew.

git gud faggot

It's a crazy person user

Who is this anime?

we may never know. .. .

I believe s n p is salt and papper; furthermore the 2 tips might refer to concepts such as letting the meat come to room temp from the icechest and or guiding principles of searing and or pan logistics. Also theyr'e crazy and probably think trump is a capable administrator.

well done

Keep trying, OP.

Stick to basics and make it simple.

>make adventurous unfamiliar food
>it's great

Good feel to reach a point where it's impossible to fuck up.

>make it hot till it gets better
>stop making it hot before it loses better
>meanwhile add things that make it taste better

WOW!

>girl asks what I do
>tell her I'm a chef
>"well, you have to cook me dinner sometime"

>make food
>tastes ok
>someone makes the same food for me following the same recipe
>tastes amazing

>get drunk and make food
>tastes great
>eat some leftovers next day
>almost throw up because of how disgusting it is

good job, based animeposter

>make burritos for the first time
>they are better than anything I've ever eaten before

Need sauce on that

Food made by other people always tastes better. It's not you, I assure you your coking tates way better to them than theirs does.

>tfw your beef jerky is too spicy

>tfw
Hello, newfag.

*mfw

Simmer bone in meats to release gelatins.
Potatoes add starch that naturally thicken broth.

Not rocket science...

nice digits but how the fuck can beef jerky be too spicy?

>be gay
>suck dick

haha