Farmers Market General

Juicy blueberries edition. Who else /farmersmarket/ here? I'm going this weekend but not sure what I should pick up. Also, why is meat so expensive?

Other urls found in this thread:

tinyurl
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

farmer's markets are memes
>getting broccoli
>spic organic merchant is selling broccoli by the lb
>the stalks are about 8 inches long
>tiny kale bunches for 3bux

>complainging about getting more of the best part of the broccoli

Only a frogposter can be this dumb.

Well if it's something like grass fed beef it takes more years to finish and you get smaller yields. All grocery store meat is artificially low and subsidized by gooberment too.

I work at a farmers market. I get seasonal fruit and potatoes, garlic, onions, peppers, green beans, broccoli, tomatoes, basil almost weekly. I get discounts or trade.

That's the normal price of meat when it's not subsidized with billions of dollars of free money from Uncle Sam. But comparing the meat I get at the farmer's market to the shitty CAFO garbage most people eat is like comparing real bread with wonder bread.

At my local farmer's market they sell Oyster mushrooms at $6/pint or $10/quart. I can buy them at the asian market for like $1/lb. It's really stupid how white people buy things they've never heard of for a premium because they are scared of going to a store where the common spoken language isn't english.

>round trip to Flushing and back takes 2 hours
>farmer's market is a block from my apartment
1. I'm not white
2. Sorry your time is so worthless, NEET

I don't live where you do, and the asian market is in the same district as my farmer's market. I also didn't directly call you out, so why take it so personally, Pajeet?

It doesn't matter if you called me out or not. Your personal circumstances are not applicable to anyone else shopping at the farmer's market. Basically, you're a fucking moron.

I said "at my local's farmers market" and you took it as if I was calling out you living in your shit village where the bazaar is walking distance from your mudhut. Ergo, no one fucking cares.

>no one cares
And yet you're still posting. I invite you to take your own life now. And BTW my city is literally the most important city in the world, so, there's that, too.

Ok sweetie, whatever you say :)

Well this thread went to shit quickly. The asian market that I found only sells fish, though. Any good ones near Canal? (in b4 not the real chinatown)

Thing is, I've never tried the FM meats, but if the difference in quality is the same as veggies, then I'll try it out.

Good list brah, I hope I can find scallions. Last time I went I didn't see peppers, garlic or regular tomatoes. (Union Sq) Any tips?

>Canal
Which city are you in?

Manhattan, >90st

Got some results in Google maps for you. Hope it helps, I am not at all familiar with the area unfortunately.

tinyurl com/y6wmnkau

(Shortened it because the url is a fucking mess)

SF bro? I'm really surprised you didn't see those things if you are because I'm only 2 hours outside the city and all those things are in season here. The only market I have experience with in the bay was in Berkeley (or just outside of it)

Ah I see
Disregard most of this post then. There is a SF Union SQ

Thank you senpai. I guess I'm looking for ones that aren't just grocery stores. The one I saw had live fish out on display along with the already cut and peeled ones.

Might be good places to pick up vermicelli though. Looks like Pho it is

Also the Hong Kong Supermarket looks to be your best bet for a wide variety of produce. I am honestly a bit jealous, even in my area where we have huge vietnamese and korean communities, we don't have a store with that broad of a selection.

Just a suggestion since you mentioned pho: This is going to sound horribly shameful as someone who hates anything involving "shortcuts" in cooking, but I made some great pho the other day using this beef paste, as well as the spice mix (cinnamon, clove, coriander, cardamom, and star anise.) Quoc supposedly also has a good soup base, but it's more expensive and yields less overall. Totally recommend it if you're pinched for time and want pho.