Al/ck/ IRC Edition

Last one is gonna start falling off the board

we've made an IRC, so if anyone of you want to chat with fellow al/ck/s click this link, and of course, we're all drunk:

chat.mibbit.com/?channel=#al/ck/&server=irc.rizon.net

>wake up
>grab gatorade bottle to take a huge drink of liquid hangover relief
>gulped down huge amount of vodka
>I guess I put vodka in that bottle and forgot about it

Whew, That burned. I didn't even have my eyes open

kek, I did that too.
Fun mornings.

Just cleaned my kitchen, about to walk my dog while spaghetti sauce simmers, it's gonna be a comfy night fellow al/ck/s.
What's everyone up to?

Also about 1/2 way through my 1.75 of vodka. Feel free to post your drinks as well, boyos.

the other night I cleaned my room, and managed to slip in some stairs, while carrying 4 glasses and two cups of leftover coffee
managed to break two glasses, and cut myself up pretty bad. and I'm sick.
my mother also asked me why I drink so much.

I miss living alone

I'm fucking jealous, I've got nothing and all the shops are shut

Why'd you have to move back user?
I do little, trivial, normal functioning adult things and reward myself with alcohol. It keeps me from living in squalor, but it isn't helping me further myself...

Like, shut for the night? Sorry m8, sometimes bars stay serving a little later if you've got the gualla for that.
Also, can you buy beer/wine/champagne?

Yeah, everything. They keep early hours here during the week, it sucks

>18 days sober

I feel like I could do this forever now. Don't want to though.

That's fucked, sorry dude. I recently moved somewhere with different liquor laws and I had to adjust, it took a few hard nights of sweating but I learned to stock up as soon as I could.

How do I make this more drinkable? I mean I drink it straight but if anyone has a way to make the experience more pleasant, aside from making a 10:1 juice:whiskey cocktail I'm all ears.

whiskey sour

Just realize you're damned and chase it with anything and take it like a champ. I had an old friend who used to need one of those a night in order to sleep, and that's the ticket. Drink, chase, repeat.
I'm a vodka/water man myself, but cola honestly helps that shit go down easier.

stupid question, but what is whiskey sour, exactly (not a whiskey drinker)

not him, i asked the question. but it's my favorite cocktail, just use whiskey + (fresh squeezed) lemon juice + grenadine or sugar

forgot +water, it's great if you like tangy sour stuff

I got a DUI drinking a fifth of this while I was driving.

My drunk brain said "Do a burnout when the light turns green". There was a fucking cop right behind me

God damn R&R

you could try it as a seven and seven?

equal parts whisky and 7up/sprite

Lmao you retard
Always drive grandma mode if you HAVE to drive drunk

Oh cool, thanks for the answer, heard the term "whiskey sour" often, but never really knew what it meant

Guys what do? I love beer. It's my favorite thing in the world. I'm obsessed with it. The different kinds, how to make it etc. but my parents are hardcore baptist and really disapprove of me drinking. So much so that they threaten to kick me out of the house. What's even worse is that my dream job would be to work at or own a brewery. I'm really conflicted. I almost want to move and get a job and not tell them where I'm working. I think I'd be a lot happier but who knows I'd still probably miss them.

Checking in
Drunk as fuck, eating spaghetti w/ obligatory parm, and a shit lot of garlic bread.
Just cracked the seal on my 2nd 1.75l, it's only getting more comfy.

You'll miss them, sure, but you shouldn't let anyone keep you from following your dreams. You sound dedicated; don't let the dream die. Even if it doesn't work out, you'll regret not taking the chance and trying. Just do your best and do what you're passionate about.

I love beer and have baptist parents too. Just stop giving a fuck and live your own life.

Remind them our Lord and his disciples guzzled wine on a regular basis and promise them you will never get falldown drunk and/or into hard likker.

Hi al/ck/.
I haven't drank in a year today.
AMA.

name one example of when you HAVE to drive drunk, please

What's wrong with moderation?

How much did you drink, for how long, how bad did it get, how many times have you tried quitting?
How long does anhedonia last? And when does the libido comes back?

I don't know how people can eat while drinking. I can put away a tragic amount of alcohol but as soon as I get some food in my stomach I lose all interest

I was young and stupid.

Because it makes food taste so good

>tfw reading up on the comorbidity of diabetes type 1 and psychiatric illness
Suddenly a lot of things make sense

Idfk, that's why I said "HAVE" with all caps, ya dingus.

>How much did you drink
A normal evening would include a sixpack of beers and half a bottle of whatever strong liquor I had lying around.
>for how long
Two and a halfish years
>how bad did it get
I lost all my friends from my youth. They just couldn't tolerate my bullshit anymore. I fucked up my studies at university and had to drop out.
>how many times have you tried quitting?
Just this once. No one around me knew I was an alcoholic, but no one questioned me stopping all together either.
>How long does anhedonia last?
Depends on the person. The first two weeks is hell. I drank mostly because I was bored. Playing stupid repetitive video games helped. Running and exercising helped. Not being employed and around other drinkers helped.
>And when does the libido comes back?
Can't comment on that, never had sex-related issues.

>What's wrong with moderation?
Everything if you're the kind of guy who "keeps drinking once he started". When its 3 AM in the morning and you can easily keep the party going by taking another drink. Because that means alcohol is having the same effect as an opiate on you, chemically speaking. Why bother taking chances if you can avoid them by not doing a very simple thing. Drinking alcohol is absolutely worthless compared to so many other good things in life. You only get one shot, why waste it to a fucking bottle?

Do any of you al/ck/s drink more expensive booze, maybe on special occasions, or is it always the cheapest shit you can find?

Guys I think I'm hypoglycemic, but I'm not gonna go check

pissing the bed? feel goofy? throwing up? shaky? Weak? Night Sweats?

my brother is a type I diabetic and those are the symptoms of low blood sugar. You could also just be having minor withdrawals. go get checked, but minor alcohol WD feels like hypoglycemia sometimes.

What does alck think of weed?

applying for jobs which require clearance. so no weed 4 me. straight & narrow

Doesn't make me feel like myself, you dip in and out of reality. Better in small amounts for relaxing but sometimes fun to go way the fuck out.

Haha jk I wish I were dead.

I’ve been experimenting with microdosing it when on the wagon to just get a bit of a mood boost without really getting stoned. Like one tiny hit and then the next one a couple of hours later.

I like it. It feels just different enough from being sober to be interesting but not intoxicating enough to be a problem for anything.

>work graveyards
>pay bills for entire fucking house
>freeloading family live here and use electricity and water since i win the bread.
>get super fucked up
>sister steals money from my wallet since shes into oxy
>drunkenly hide my wallet
>wake up sober and cant find it
>cancel my cards and set up an appointment to get another drivers licence and state id
>remember that i ALWAYS put shit in this one spot when I'm blacked out... this spot on the roof (dont ask)
>its there. Now im cashless and have to run to the bank every tjme to withdrawl money.
>sitting at home drinking New Amsterdam Vodka now, work tonight.

Pic related.

Pretty decent voddy desu

I cant drink and eat. Or eat and drink. I cook my food or i get fucking trashed and i cook like an iron chef and eat like a king after, then pass out and i feel great.

I really wish I could drink, but I'm simply too god damn obese. My heart has a hard enough time keeping me alive sober.

I put a lot of shit up there. I've made a 16oz steak with garlic mash and i put it up there because my friend was gonna shoot somebody at a strip club so i had to leave but i didnt want to put it in the fridge and make it cold and i didnt want to drive drunk so i uberd it there and back in an hour and i ate it on the roof.

Best thing about rare steak, is if you have to regeat it, itll still be hot and juicy and good and itll just turn into a medium!

LIvin the dream m80 desu senpai

Samefag here, whats your fellas concensus on the time limit between cuttjng off drinking and work?

I work 8-10hr days and i booze til at most 8hr before work. Ive cut it close though, funny stories.

>8 hours before work, with friends. Want to sleep but they still drink.
>whats one more shot.
>7 hours before work.
>whats one more shot.
>3 hours before work.
>just took a shot.
>go into garage and drunkenly lift full body and burn as much calories while drinking at least 2 liter of water the entire time for about 45 minutes.
>spend the next 2 hours on a stationary bike sweating while drinking water and pissing every half hour listening to saetia and hating myself because i know i fucked up.
>get to work
>paranoid as fuck
>keep thinking THEY KNOW FUCK FUCK
>Its company shirt day, must wear the comoany shirt, i forget.
>boss comes up to me
>HE KNOWS HE KNOWS HE KNOWS
>he turns a left and walks away, i hide for 10 hours in the workplace and bathroom and dodge a bullet.

I drink til 5 hours before work max now.

You should pay your sister to fugg

I can't cut off before working.

I did that with rancid milk once. I gulped down like half a big glass before my brain realized it was spoiled. At least barfing up the milk brought a lot of booze with it.

Same newam fag. Um... i used to be drunk 18 hours of the day or at lwast buzzed since i was 18. A decade of that showed no negative results, my liver is fine and golden apparently but its the smoking im prone to cancer... fuck.

28 right now.

She looks like me with long hair. No.

New Am bro here. Anons, i love you all. Keep trucking in life. Be a just person, dont hurt others, be loving. Itll all work out in the end.

Aloha, user. May i drink with you in a bar randomly one day.

Hi gamers

you got your 40's eh?

King Cobra?

4 Days in and caved. Disappointed in myself. Baby steps I guess.

J.O.?

Whom is this

Does anyone here know if vodka and orange crush is like a screwdriver

I've really got to quit drinking, it's fucking with my ability to play video games/

Fucking bump, join the IRC

Is anyone still up?

ye

Whatcha up to? Just made a run to mcdickles and am about to get extra hammered. Watching some Netflix with my cat.

/what's going on in your life, user? Not to encourage blogposting, but I'm on my 3rd big gulp glass of vodka and just want someone to talk to.

Just drinking and watching shows on my computer.

in that irc barely anyone comes on.

Ah, what show? I'm a burger but I've lately been watching "the toast of London". It's pretty funny, but I've run out of shit to binge.

I'm phoneposting, so I haven't bothered. I figured it was a voice chat like discord or something, am I fucked?

Been watching star trek finished tos and tng on ds9

oh no it's text

Opened it. I can't figure out how to post from a phone to save my life...

Fug, I've never been much into sci-fi myself. The closest I've gotten is scifi animoo, desu.

The chat really kills the thread
Guys can we pls keep this alive?

Not him but I'm unemployed and waiting on a $26,000 payment from my former employer who's now not returning my texts or emails.

Dude, that's fucked. Is this something you can solve in person?
Someone currently owes me $8000 so I can share the pain.

Call the labour board and send that guy into hell

Nope, because they have dual citizenship and they're presently in the other country. I'm one of about 10 waiting for what they're owed.

The dual citizenship is what makes it tough. I imagine he could just ignore everything and there's nothing the former staff could do, however he owns like 4 or 5 properties in this country and his son is studying/living here and wants to be a real estate mogul so that could help.

was a fan, it lost its magic. i will still occasionally smoke, but rarely purchase.

absolute shit, wish I'd never gone near it in my formative years

Love it. I'd never drink again and my health would rocket if it was legal here. Makes me hate the country.

>Second time this has happened already
>Kept waking up hourly during night
>Had a shit ton of different dreams
>Remember all of them
The last one was shit though I drove a car off a cliff and woke up, the fucking feeling in chest right after

My nose is bleeding again. I guess I'll see you in the next life.

>Nightmares
That's withdrawals. It's related to the nightmarish hallucinations of delirium tremens.

>go to Berlin for a long weekend
>drink lots of pilsner, essentially a half-litre with every meal but breakfast
>have a dream where I've always got a glass of beer in hand
Berliner Pilsner is pretty nice.

>started quitting and dieting at the same time
Somehow this is not as worse quitting either alone

I'm having withdrawals? What the fuck, I don't even drink that much

Unlikely that you're having withdrawals, everyone has nightmares. You're more prone to them if you drink a lot and then sleep sober the next day though

>if you drink a lot and then sleep sober the next day though
That's what happened, though now that I think about it, they probably were nightmares in a way, lots of accusations, some scary elements, only the last one was when I died though.
I never even remember nightmares so I don't even know how to picture em

Not *exactly* user.
Whisky
Lemon juice
Sugar syrup
Egg white

I do 45/20/15mL +egg white

shake up without ice to froth up, then add ice and shake again.

Skip the egg white if you want, but for gods sake use fresh lemon.

Currently on a mix of xanax and kpins and haven't drank since tuesday night. Going to try doing it right this time and actually stopping even if it only for a few months or weeks. I normally always grab drinks after the gym on my walk home and then drink them in the valley while staring at the river. endblog
I hate life

who here /daysweats/

>tfw pouring sweat going to buy beer and do some banking
>only 50F outside
>sweating so much the security guard at the bank is looking at me suspiciously

Where do you live? Fucking hate free loading family. I also lost my wallet a month ago. Absolute nightmare

Oh god. Please. Please no more