Instant noodles thread? What's all of your favorite brands...

Instant noodles thread? What's all of your favorite brands? All I have access here to in the State are the shitty basic bitch Nissin cup noodles or Maruchan ramen packs. I've always wanted to try out some better Korean/Japanese noodles like instant yakisoba and such but most places I look online they seem to be pretty expensive and I don't have any asian markets near me. Anyone have any recommendations?

And yeah, I know they're terrible for you but I eat them like once or twice a week at most.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QqCiCnLqzPw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pic related, best Korean instant noodles I've ever had. The brand name is Ottogi in case you can't read gook

looks good, where do you get yours?

I usually stock up at H Mart

This stuff is pretty good, a 20 pack is available for $16 on Amazon, which is a pretty fair price.

this is my current favorite, though its not as spicy as I want it to be so I usually add a bit of chili oil

If you're ordering online, why settle for the plain Shin when you could get Black?

Just go to a nearby aisian mart, they usually have a ton to choose from

I haven't gone black yet. I'll pick one up from Joong Boo market and give it a try. I didn't like Korean ramen when I was a kid, I only got into it a week ago.

I'll post my Top 3 in descending order. I exclusively buy the cups/bowls.

1/3

2/3

3/3

Posted the wrong image. It should have been this one, but I'll eat either one.

holy shit this stuff is god like

I basically eat this all the time, handful of shredded cheese, a lil hot sauce, maybe an egg in it if I can be assed to

Yeah, and it's the perfect serving size for me. Those Nissin bowls can be real gut busters. Shin Ramyun black is the best balance.

>don't have any asian markets near me

find the nearest one and take a road trip.

Anyone have a favorite that is made with rice noodles? The only one Ive ever seen is some american brand. Is there such thing as pre packaged pho?

If you get packaged pho(there a fuck ton of brands) get the bowls, packages are weak and not worth it

How spicy is it? I'm kind of a pussy when it comes to spices, but I keep seeing this recommended and am curious.

It's not that spicy

wimps

and for broth type ramen, I honestly think this is better than shin. the flavor is more complex and the noodles are thick and chewy.

There isn't a single instant ramen that is actually spicy.

it's spicy enough for most consumers.

Jin Ramen, Jjampong flavor. The hot oil is so good. Taste just like gutter oil, but in a good way.

Hands down greatest right here

Heidi is 16 years old.
Youth.
youtube.com/watch?v=QqCiCnLqzPw

as the other user said, the black is significanctly better; comes with a spicy powder and a soup base powder.

You guys getting all these from local Asian stores? The only reasonably priced Korean/Japanese brand I've seen on the net is Nongshim.

I haven't ventured much in the Instant Noodle world, but these have been my favorite so far - curious to how they compare to Nongshim.

yeah go to chinatown and find a grocery store, odds are they'll have a large selection are very reasonable prices

I buy the stew version all the time, but it's kinda hard to add vegetables to.

Mah nigga

Mama brand Pho Ga is also pretty good.

Get mine at 99 Ranch Market in trays of 6.

I literally have a mouthful of this as I am typing this out. Maruchan chili flavor, one egg, an ear of corn, and a box of mushrooms

I'm a 5th year college student, let me tell you something about ramen. I've had every brand listed in this thread, and hands down Mama Ramen is the best goddamn ramen I have ever fucking had in my life.

these are quite tasty

die

these are just okay

basic

why the fuck are ramen selections in US stores so fucking complete shit? i imagine we probably consume as much of the shit as japan, if not more. we need more variety.

this. all day. every day.

Best ramen is Sapporo Ichiban Original Flavor, tastes 100x better than maruchan or nissin, and is only 10 cents more a packet
There's no reason not to get it over maruchan

desu it depends on where you are, ive seen ranges comprable to japan in places like la or nyc and even atlanta, but places like chicago or Vancouver arent as impressive

i live in a shithole in georgia. i'd just love to waltz into a convenience store and grab a few cups of good instant ramen on a thursday night, oh well. all thats around here is good ole nissin and maruchan

Look for South East Asian brands.

if you gave me your email id seriously send you some ramen, you deserve it

lol, i'm taking a trip to a bigger city in florida sometime soon, so i'll probably see if there's any asian markets around there and i'll try to stock up on a bunch of different brands, but i do appreciate it, dude!

no worries mate, remember walmart has a large selection and will do free shipping. amazon too

Shin Ramyun and Shin Black are probably the best major brands you're bound to find in normal grocer's. Now Shin Ramyun even has a bowl. It used to be packages only.

However, my favorite are the Indo Mei Goreng (or something like that) pictured here. These motherfuckers had a belt of flavor pouches that you had to mix in. Oil, chili sauce, some powdered stuff, and vegetables. It wasn't a soup, actually. You mixed a couple of the packets together in a bowl or plate, then put the cooked drained noodles in it and tossed them. God it was good.

Wherever I used to get them doesn't carry them anymore though. I can't find any in my Wally World, Kroger, or Food City.

I was really into these for a while, but then the Korean supermarket I go to stopped carrying them.

>You mixed a couple of the packets together in a bowl or plate, then put the cooked drained noodles in it and tossed them.
You know you can do exactly that with basically every other kind of instant noodles out there right
That's what I always do

i like the cold version better

usually have aldi mi goreng

if not then i get supermarket brand noodles and add kecap manis, onion powder and sweet chilli sauce.

Usually throw in some peas corn and and egg while it boils.

Always drain the water before adding flavoring packets

>mama
had the seafood one for the first time yesterday.
gagged into the bowl and threw it in the bin.
hoping the pork one will be better

I shouldn't have tried this. It fucked my spicy threshold to who-knows-where and now the usual spicy food I eat don't give the kick anymore.

The worst ones I got were buttered corn in Japan. It had this weird solid butter in it. Conversely the best instant noodles were from Japan ,cup noodle some special curry flavour. Blew me away when I had it.

Indomie Mi Goreng is basically crack for me. I bought 2 cases of 30 in the past 2 months.

Oh come on, it's wasn't that bad.