Be asian

>be asian
>forced to eat disgusting bitter vegetables growing up
>the only good vegetable was kangkong

How do you start enjoying vegetables?
I hate vegetables because of how they taste, especially cucumbers.

Here are the vegetables I like

>Favorite tier
Onions
Potatoes
Beansprouts
Cauliflower
Broccoli
Spinach
Lettuce
Good-tier
Carrots
Bell peppers
Baby corn
Chili

>Good tier
Kale
Kang Kong (Water Spinach)

>Okay-tier
Asparagus
Cabbage
Garlic
Tomatoes
Peas

>Untasty tier
Brussel Sprouts
Artichokes
Leeks
Radish
Green beans
Turnips
Chinese Cabbage

>Wouldn't eat tier
Cucumbers
Egg plant
Zucchini
Lady's Finger

>Untasty tier
>Brussel Sprouts
>mfw

I just steam most vegetables and season them with salt and vinegar

I don't understand how you can like broccoli more than bok choy.

you can cook broccoli till it's soft in sauce but bak choy will always be disgustingly bitter and crunchy

Because you don't know how to properly cook it.
Chinese vegetables made me love vegetables when I was around 10.

wrong
I'm asian living in asia and I've been eating authentically cooked chinese vegetable my whole life and I HATE THEM other than kangkong

Add oyster sauce. That shit is like 70% sugar.

I like those veggies op

It has to be cooked poorly then. My mom started incorporating bok choy when I was in my teens living with her and she made it taste great. Try looking up recipes for vegetables you're interested in liking and trying it yourself I think if you cook it for yourself you'll enjoy it more.

I like all the vegetables in the favorite and good tier, the only chinese vegetable I like is kangkong.
Even at hgih end restaurants, chinese vegetables don't taste good.
The same goes for cucumber, it always tastes horrible unless you cut it small enough that minimal bitter poison sweeps out (see: sushi)

You obiously never eaten all those veggies. Let me sum up some of them.

Lotus root = great for soup, taste like potato. Got some starch.

Snake Bean = Stir Fry, taste better than green beans. Similar taste.

White radish = great for soup, japans favourite. Sweet taste, good with carrots and ginger.

Wombok = Stir fry, soup, etc. Taste actually sweet.

Fu Qua = literally translates to "bitter melon". Soak in water and Stir fry with eggs and the bitterness magically gone.

It's just how you prepare food opening. I love every ingredient from the world. Wether its french, italian, chinese, japanese, thai etc cuisine.

You are likely a super taster and have a taste receptor for bitter compounds, the gene for which is broken in the majority of people. Have you ever done a PTC strip test?

I agree that cucumber is horrible but I wouldn't call it bitter. Granted it's been a while since Ive eaten one.

>Lotus root = great for soup, taste like potato.
NO
IT'S BITTER AND DOESN'T HAVE POTATO LIKE TEXTURE AT ALL.
Biting into bitter vegetables and spew out bitter juice IS THE WORST.

Snake bean is just more tolerable green beans or lady's finger, still bad.

Never had white radish. I hate crunchy vegetables the most other than cabbages.

Wombok doesn't taste sweet, it's bitter and crunchy.

I just ate one recently, it IS bitter.
I can at least take pickles but I choose not to.

How do I do that?

lmao this is absolutely true. Asians eat so many bitter vegetables that are technically edible but hardly palatable. I really acquired the taste for them when I was living in China though.

Cucumber isn't bitter though. You can hate it as much as you want, but it doesn't have a bitter taste.

It does.
You bite into a slice and it fills your mouth with it's bitter poison.

King Kong isn't a vegetable, dog killer.

Do you like watermelon rind?

I don't really like watermelon either. Whenever I have eaten it I've never bothered with the rind.

I'm half-Asian and my Asian mom would cook these for basically my whole childhood. It's so good that I refused eating Western-style veggies.

Add a tiny bit of sugar to kill bok choy's bitterness (also hate calling it like that, I'd rather call it qing cai or buo cai), some soy sauce and there you go.

Also spinach is bitter too but it's still good if you know how to cook it. Hence why so many kids hate spinach because it's almost always badly done.

>It's so good that I refused eating Western-style veggies.

Yes. A bottle of oyster sauce loaded with MSG will do that.

It's like they were feeding us kids crack and then expect to go back to eating regular, non spiked veggies.

It took me forever to get used to bland american salads without a bottle of salt.

I ate mostly Western food but when it came to veggies, I'd go for Asian-style veggies any day.
And even sometimes in restaurants they serve these without any msg and soy sauce and it tasted fine. You gotta know how to use oil and salt. Anyway it's not like oil is not the major ingredient for Chinese food.

learn to cook

You can cook it anyway you want but it'll stay taste bitter

>How do I do that?
PTC strip are pieces of paper treated with phenylthiocarbamide, a chemical which is used as an indicator of the gene. You just put it in your mouth and it either tastes incredibly bitter and terrible or like nothing at all. You can buy them off Amazon and your local high school or college biology departments probably have them on hand as well.

Cucumber is very light, watery, and quite sweet actually. You tastebuds might be fucked up m8.

>favourite tier
the most basic bitch vegetables you could list

ive never cooked with bok choy, whats the flavor like? i imagine it like leek but im probably wrong.

Not him but I grow it in my garden and it tastes like a very mild cabbage.