Is gin and tonic considered an English drink?

Is gin and tonic considered an English drink?
Or is it more of a tropical thing?

Pretty universal at this point. I think it originated in England tho.

It's English in the sense that it was invented by the English, but you can drink it in pretty much any situation.

Historically it was invented in colonial India where the quinine in tonic water was used to combat malaria, which they added gin to because it tasted like shit.

all good cocktails are English

It's for the south asian colonies. It's basically a way of making the quinnine-laden 'tonic' in the tonic water more drinkable by adding gin.

It's English but it originated in India.

I want a gin & tonic now
>maybe I'll bother with putting a lime wedge in it this time

How do I get authentic original recipe tonic water? I hear today they mellow the shit out of it.

It's a British Empire drink.

I just had my first bottle of gin/tonic and let me tell you it's delicious.

Forget vodka, forget whisky, forget rum. GIN is so drinkable, good taste mmm

Martinis are up next then for you, lad.

Hendricks with a slice of cucumber please....

Would also like to know this. Schweppes/canada dry are nasty sweet. Q tonic is decent.

Fentimans is pretty good, but expensive, they even do a sugar free one that is sharp as fuck

gin and bourbon my guy, damn

Ever tried Fever-tree tonic?

Basically everything I've seen that isn't from coca-cola/pepsi/nestle/tencent/unilever has been actual tonic water.

I bought a bottle of gin and a bottle of vermouth because I wanted to try martinis. The martinis were pretty good, but then I figured I'd try some other gin drinks seeing as I had the whole bottle. I got some tonic water and limes and tried G&Ts. Loved it instantly. I'm now onto my second bottle of gin, and the vermouth bottle has sat mostly unused.

Yes and there's nothing special about it if you ask me, just as bland as schwepps.

gin and tonic is a spy drink
be very cautious of anyone who orders a gin and tonic, even yourself

I don't think it is that fantastic as their marketing (and the high price) implies, but it is so much better than schweppes. Not as sweet and doesn't have Schweppes shitty chemical taste, thus significantly improves a GT over one with Schweppiss in it.

But yeah, the whole premium tonic waters (and all the other premium/craft sodas) are a rather curious development. I don't really mind them, and I love the option that I can get a lot of good stuff in my local supermarket, but it already feels overplayed.

>they even do a sugar free one that is sharp as fuck
Gotta take a look for that one. Seems interesting.

It originates from British colonies in India my dude

>but it originated in India.
*the english empire
ftfy. indians don't get to take credit for english invention just because they have the geographical area where it took place

Patrician taste

It's also a pilots drink for some reason
Used to serve and older guy who would run away from his daughter and hit up a few bars in the strip to get loaded before going home to deal with her bullshit

Try cutting some of the dry vermouth with some sort of liqueur, like Luxardo. Adds a great dimension do a martini. Also, vermouth is great for sauces and marinades.

Neat.