/eggplant/

One of these teleports into your kitchen. How do you prepare it?

Other urls found in this thread:

mygreekfoodrecipes.com/imam-baildi-recipe/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

slice it length-wise into 1/4" slices, salt both sides, spray both sides with olive oil, bread crumbs and grated parmesan on both sides, then pan fry till crispy golden brown. serve with marinara.

Trash
Fuck squash

eggplant parm is literally the only logical thing to do with these retarded tomatoes.

you could also do babaghanoush if you're a poo or a jew

>squash
Eggplant isn't squash, it's actually part of the nightshade family and related to potatoes and tomatoes.

also peppers

>squash
user pls
If the only thing you can do with them is make a shit-tier flyover dish, then it just means that you're not skilled enough to prepare them properly.

oh boy here comes the ratatouille fag

Worship it as my new god.

i'd make it into melitzano salata or whatever that deliciousness is called

Not sure who that is, but there are numerous ways to prepare eggplant that don't involve slathering it in cheese and canned marinara sauce. I unironically don't understand how people eat that shit, it put me off eggplant for over a decade because that was the only exposure I had to it.

That's some good shit

Because eggplant is a shit food. It's literally a white sponge that simply absorbs any flavor you cook it with.

It's like fucking tofu that grows on a vine pre-formed

Baba ghanoush, mah niggah. Roast the eggplant for 30 minutes at 400F, peel, put in blender along with tahini, garlic, fresh squeezed lemon juice, salt and blend until smooth. Serve on toast or crackers (not the southern kind, they're too salty).

what the hell are southern crackers???

(inb4 rednecks)

Cut it into slices, roast them. Spread garlic mayonnaise on them am put a tomato slice on top. Finish with fresh parsley or basil.
Wa la!

it truly is, i'd say it's even better than tzatziki

Quarter (or sixteenth if it's an American huge-ass eggplant), fry, then serve in a mix of noodle sauce, water, and honey garnished with bacon and chives.

why are you calling that vegetable "egg plant". it is quite clearly an aubergine

Throw it whole into a fire wait till its extremely burnt remove it cut off the top and eat the insides.

I prepare to throw it in the fucking trash

Shut up UK nobody asked you.

>The literally named a town "eggplant" to make fun of them for being purple

nice

Stuff it with pork, fry it, eat it with chilli oil.

By making the only worthwhile thing it's good for.

what is "noodle sauce"?

What kind of noodle sauce?
Yum yum
Eggplant is the best vegetable for stuffing. I do a levantine-style dish with ground beef and a yogurt sauce.

Wash it then salt the shit out of it wait 30 minutes wash them pat them down. Get some olive oil and spices pan roast it in the oven.

1:3:12:48 sugar:mirin:soy:dashi. boiled to dissolve the sugar and steam off any alcohol.

Then I combine honey:this:water, around 1/3 of a cup total per narrow eggplant/1 cup per fat, 1:12:20 and give them a quick pan braise after frying.

I like to baked them with some spices in the oven. Roasted eggplant is pretty good.

I would also like to know.

eggplant tikka masala my nigga

What does the first few steps do?
This sounds bretty good, gonna have to try it.
It's great for thai curries as well.

>inb4 rednecks

Well, there you done gone and got inb4, cracker.

washing it prolly gets rid of dirt and such, salting it removes excess water so essentially more concentrated flavour

Tell it that life won't always be easy but if it perserveres it can achieve it's dreams someday

I can't believe no one has suggested a green curry yet.

Swiftly in the garbage.

This

I don't think i could eat something with the ability of teleportation.

>check if male or female aubergine
>if female throw it in the trash
>if male slice cheeks off and make 5 or 6 incisions to the cheeks to make "fans" or "claws"
>skin and dice the rest of the it
>disgorge all pieces
>roast diced pieces and turn into babbaganoush
>tempura the fans of eggplant
>dip in babba
>yum

>Teleports behind you
>"Nothing Paramagiana, kid"

Pasta alla norma

There NEEDS to be some lempn on that

Make ajvar.

I love eggplants. You need to add some sweetness and acidity to undercut the eggplant's natural bitterness.

Imam Baildi is the name of a dish that combines mediterranean herbs and tomato sauce with eggplants to do just that. It makes a killer main dish if you serve it with roasted potatoes. The name means "the imam has fainted" supposedly because it tastes so good.

Recipe here: mygreekfoodrecipes.com/imam-baildi-recipe/

You can add feta cheese on top as well.

Alternatively, if you want meat with your eggplants, you can make "Papoutsakia" (translates into "little shoes"). It is a greek dish where the eggplants are filled with minced meat and tomato sauce, then covered in cheesy bechamel. It's on the heavier side but I love it. Pic related.

in the trash
aubergine is the most hideous vegetable known to man.

Try this out, it's a very simple but delicious Spanish recipe for cooking eggplant. Sounds weird but I promise it's great.

>prepare a batter by mixing water and flour
>cut the eggplant into slices of about average thickness; make sure you soak them in salty water for about 30 mins-1 hour to take out the bitterness
>heat olive oil (normal, not extra-virgin) in skillet until shimmering
>pat the eggplant rounds until dry
>dredge in flour and fry a few at a time, trying not to overcrowd the pan, until both sides are golden brown, ~3-5 mins
>when immediately out of the pan, garnish with salt
>drizzle with honey; the original uses cane honey, but you can use any variety of honey to great effect
>finally, top with slivered or crushed Marcona almonds and serve

You can also use just a plain flour dredge as well, if you like.

>eggplant parm
>flyover

I don't think you know what that word means

Jew here. Sometimes it is nice in curry but at home I mostly make eggplant parmesan. I don't like eggplant dip much, the texture sucks.

>prepare batter
>never use it

>dredge in flour
Sorry meant
>dredge in batter

>cut it into relatively thick slices
>coat both sides of each slice with olive oil, salt, and pepper
>cut deep pockets across the top surface of each slice, stuffing generously with small chunks of minced garlic
>roast in the oven until the skin is flaky and the center is golden
>top with a drizzle of olive oil and fresh basil

This shit is a fantastic appetizer. The center becomes this retardedly creamy, delicious mess.

You're part eggplant.

Excuse me?

Prepare some fresh tomato sauce, slice and fry the eggplant, put it on pasta and add pecorino

Slice it thick, marinate, and grill.

Paint it orange and tell him he's a squash. He won't know he's different until he gets older.

That shit goes straight on to the hob after light oiling to make a bharta.

WRONG
Get 3 aubergines
Salt slices overnight
Soak in water to remove salt
Fill a dish with the oil from a jar of sundried tomatoes
Sqeeze In a lemon
Mix in slices
Add the cloves of 1 bulb of garlic
Then add 2 whole bulbs with the top cut off
Add another lemon in slices
Add thyme
Season
Roast for fokken ages

Wala roast aubergines

(this is a side dish or topping)

>Heating olive oil in a pan
>What are smoke points

Get on the ball user

I was fuck-squashing you are mum's bumcheeks by the trash last night lmoa

Your reading comprehension is awful.
He clearly said "normal olive oil", not EVOO. The normal stuff is refined and has a very high smoke point.

I do not. I have never had a pleasurable experience with an eggplant.

Suck on it for a while, then deepthroat it a couple of times, finally insert it into my asshole

>WRONG
>do this entirely different recipe instead

???

holy jesus dude

This and moussaka are God-tier

pop it in a green curry

I've spent the last 2 months making specials out of eggplants everyday. My body is ready.

Cut length wise. Score the non skin side. Deep fry until soft. Spread nikumiso (miso with what appears to be chili's and beef). Torch it. Top with shiso.

Prepare oil seasoned with chili's, crushed garlic, salt and pepper, basil. Let sit for a few minutes. Slice eggplant into rounds and toss in oil. Pan fry.

Thin slice. Deep fry into chips. Toss in paprika and salt.

Eggplant parm.

Moussaka. Slices of eggplant, tomato sauce, basil, mozzarella. Baked.

Roasted whole. Scoop out the insides. Mix with garlic, chili's, shiso, olive oil, serve with bread.

Cut in half. Cut out the inside leaving the skin in shape. Cut the insides into cubes. Roast with peppers and onions. Return to skin. Put mozzarella. Close it up. Flour egg panko. Fry and slice

Roast it whole. Scoop it out. Mix with eggs, green onion, chili, garlic and flour. Boom okonomiyaki.

Roast it and gratin.

Thin slice. Chips. Salad.

Cut thin slices lengthwise. Roll it up with cheese in the center. Deep fry in tempura one day. Next day roast.

Finely julienne in pieces about 3 inches long. Like super fine. Pretend it's pasta, make pasta salad and cry yourself to sleep.

Deep fry in cubes. Serve in dashi broth.

Deep fry cubes. Make a vinegar dressing. Combine.

Use a veggie peeler to make thin long like strips. Stare at them for 30 minutes wondering what went wrong in your life. Toss in the garbage.

Roasted. Scoop out insides. Preserved lemon, shiso. Throw out after a few days cause no one wants eggplant.

Get that veggie peeler again. Do it up. Fry up some confit pork belly. Fresh cherry tomatoes from your garden. Let those fuckers split in the intense heat. Mash em up. Throw the eggplant in there to absorb everything. Tear up a few basil leaves from your garden and throw it on top. Grab the parmigiano-reggiano out of your back pocket and grate some of that shit on top.

I fucking hate eggplant.

Baba Ghanouj

Cut it in slices or strips around 5mm thick
(Optional to remove bitterness, or so everybody says) les the slices soak in cold water for 5-10 minutes and pat them dry with a paper towel
Prepare a paste with miso and a bit of sesame oil (you can add any optional taste like sugar/black treacle, japanese sake, pepper, garlic ?)
Coat all slices on both sides with the paste and let it sit in a tupperware in the fridge for a few hours.
A lot of water should come out so it would be better to drain it from times to times so that it doesn't soak the bottom slices.
You can use cucumber, cabbage, daikon/radish, pretty much any vegetable instead or at the same time.

I put my eggplant in your mom's peach.

That's funny.