What can I eat/cook/bake if I am poor?

What can I eat/cook/bake if I am poor?

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/ck/thread/S9441049
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Depends on how much money you got.
If you can only afford to spend less than a dollar a day on food, buy lentils and a bag of flour. Use the flour to make flatbreads.

Eat alot of eggs and peanut butter for protein. You can get 12 eggs for about $1.30 and a whole jar at the gas station for very cheap.

Canned food isn't too expensive. You could make chilli often. Beef, canned tomatoes, and canned beans, a couple of spices. [Obligatory spaghetti and sauce suggestion here].

You could bake pizza dough. Tomato paste and shredded American "cheese" is cheap as well.

>Depends on how much money you got.

And this. What is your weekly budget for food?

Rice and beans forever and always. Even better of if you have a Mexican or oriental store nearby to reduce the cost

do what all of south america does - chicken, rice, and beans. Chicken thigh is like $2/lb, dry rice and beans are obviously cheap, buy some onion, ham hocks, and a can of crushed tomato and make a feijoada for your bean dish so you don't kill yourself due to blandness

Rice and eggs
Sandwich material from the 99cent store
cup noodles
hot dogs

I've been eating that for a month now and love it.

arroz con frijoles compadre

EGG FRIED RICE NIGGA.

Beat up an egg, throw it in an oiled pan for a bit. Add some rice you've cooked ahead of time (cold rice works best). Blast the heat for about three minutes, then add some soysauce and swizzle everything around.

From there you can do all sorts of stuff.

This might sound stupid, but do you boil the rice and beans at the same time? Then add in already cooked chicken?

I eat
>peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
>rice and beans with hot sauce (and chicken if I have it)
>pasta
>ramen with egg
>bananas

Whole roasting chicken, $6.50
Bag of potatoes $2
Veg $2

Or eggplant Parm.

Just cooked enough Plov for 5 days for under 15 Euros. All you need is some cheap cuts of beef, rice, onions, carrots, lots of garlic and some chillies. Use turmeric, cumin seeds, cardamom, sweet paprika, marjoram, sugar, black pepper, salt and mustard to taste. You find recipes describing the method of cooking on YouTube. Look for Russian or Uzbek ones.

Twigs and rats

bread: it requires 4 ingredients (flour, water, salt, and yeast). if you don't want to shill out for yeast, you can catch your own by making a starter.

warosu.org/ck/thread/S9441049

>bread

This. It's even cheaper than buying it from the store.

how much for the gas though??

Rice pudding: It needs rice, equal part water and twice as much milk.

Mix the liquids and boil them, add the rice and wait until it absorbs most of the moisture.
One catch though: Keep stirring

Egg drop soup is pretty cheap and super easy if you don't mind eating a really basic version of it, you just need chicken stock, eggs, and some salt and soy sauce

boil rice separately. If you're turning your beans into feijoada then that's it's own separate dish entirely. I just dry season chicken thighs with sazon and oven roast it on a draining pan, then plate rice, chicken, then pour the feijoada over the rice. keep your favorite hot sauce close by also.

Continental breakfast at Hotels. Make sure to dress up and carry a briefcase or messenger bag with you. 10/10 always works.

Why are you poor?

Rice, beans, reduced price chicken, whatever food is pocketable.

Bread is old school poor people food. Just look at Europe where they love bread because they can't afford meat and veggies.