ITT fuck Progresso

ITT fuck Progresso

It's about to get cold outside. Post your favorite soups you make. Pic related. It's my broccoli, potato, and cheddar soup.

I'm a fan of the classic potato soup

>chicken broth
>ham hocks or bacon
>thickened with puréed potato
>chunks of potato for texture
>green onion for that hint of freshness
>liberal use of black pepper for kick
10/10 comf when served with some fresh homemade cornbread.

>ham hocks
>pinto beans
>onion
>garlic
>jalapeños
>cilantro
>chicken broth
>salt and pepper
>bay leaf
>crock pot on high for 8 hours
serve over cornbread topped with tobasco. warms ya up real good

Any non haram recipes?

Get the best cherry tomatoes you can find. Lowes Foods has them if you've got an updated one nearby (if you're an amerifat). Saute a clove of garlic in olive oil, then add the tomatoes just long enough for the skins to curl. Add a couple tablespoons of cream and you're golden.

From this base you can make a ton of different stuff. You can add peppers, onion, and all kinds of spices and even potato. Its quick, its easy, and requires zero cooking skill.

Gross. Don't ever reply to me or my wife's son again

Upgrade to leeks, add some garlic, and splash in some cream (or half and half) and I'm sold, my dude. If you like a little kick throw in some red pepper flake.

I made a soup out of some leftovers the other day. Yukon gold only for potato soup, russets are trash.

this picture makes me sad that it will not get below freezing where i live this year.

Your loss sandman

Looks delicious, recipe?

Russets aren't trash, they just don't hold up well in soups and stews. Get a clue, friendo.

I ate Progresso chicken and rice when I was 9 years old in 1998 and was basically dying of food poisoning puking gray with every step on the way to the toilet and I shit my pants watching Digimon on the couch.

needs cheese

Yeah, muhammed. put a loaded gun in your mouth and pull the trigger after wasting your disgusting inbred family

>Cook pasta, drain and set aside
>Sauté onion, garlic and crushed red pepper in olive oil
>Add halved or pinched cherry or grape tomatoes
>sauté until mostly liquid
>Add pasta and sauté until liquid is absorbed
>serve with grated parmesian

Voilia, Pasta Pomadorini

clam
motherfucking
chowder

Chef John's leek soup is the absolutely the comfiest soup ive ever made. Puerto Rican mondongo (pic related) is also nice on a cold winter day.

what's that honeycomb stuff?
i love the orange broth soups with the red oil by the way, don't know if there's a word for them

Tomato barley soup and roasted garlic soup are my favorite soups.

>chilly weather
>i'll make soup!
>whole house is now full of steam and now i'm clammy and even colder

4 or 5 potatoes, diced
4 cups chicken broth (I actually used stock I made by boiling chicken and a bunch of other stuff. Can post that, too, if requested)
3 cups milk
1 onion cut
1 tbsp butter
5 or 6 cups of broccoli (one frozen bag does it nicely)
8oz cheddar cheese (get shredded or shred a block)
2tbsp flour
1tbsp salt
1tsp black pepper

Saute onions in butter until soft, add in broth and potatoes, boil until soft. Mash with potato masher. Add broccoli, milk, salt, pepper. Boil on med-low until broccoli is soft. Mix flour with cheese in bowl. Add in cheese 1 cup at a time and stir until melted before adding in another cup.

Done. Add in salt and pepper to your tastes, or even add in other stuff. It's really good as is, though

Looks like tripe.

My famous spicy beef and bean soup

usually chicken noodle because im lazy and uncreative
but i also like lentils, and i tried a bit of quinoa one time and it almost put me to sleep
maybe i'll do a lentil/quinoa stew sometime

how many kinds of tripe are there?
i guess 4 since that's how many stomachs cows have... i'm only familiar with green dogfood tripe and the smaller honeycomb tripe you get in pho
what are the other two?

>potatoes or sweet potatoes
>onions
>garlic
>rosemary and thyme
>celery
>carrots
>beef broth and chicken broth (I use the Better Than Bouillon brand)
>cherry tomatoes
>butter, salt, pepper, paprika, fennel seed
>cream

Simmer for as long as you can stand. I put mine in the crock pot on low for a good 8-10 hours. Then use an immersion blender to puree the whole thing. It's ridiculously tasty and you can practically chew on it.

>chicken broth
and the following all fresh ingredients
>carrot
>zucchini
>cherry tomato
>onions
>green onions
>cilantro, fennel, parsely
>your favourite hot peppers
>peas

just heated enough for everything to start barely getting soft
it's fucking delicious

Do you not properly heat your home?

It's cows or pigs tripe. I prefer pig tripe

>famous
>ive never heard of it

I've never liked potato soup because the only time I've had it is when my ex girlfriend made it. She cut up potatoes, boiled them, strained and into a pot of milk, boiled more and mixed in ketchup. That's it. Then every bowl she filled with it she squirted more ketchup on the top. She swears that is how you make potato soup. I puked in my mouth once from seeing it.