Which country in the world is the best to live in if you love seafood?

Which country in the world is the best to live in if you love seafood?

Other urls found in this thread:

uplift.ie/supertrawlers/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Seafood is poisonous as a motherfucker these days. Avoid.

Ireland. Not even joking. The EU auctioned off fishing rights to their waters, China won said rights. TRILLIONS of Euros worth of fish and seafood are plucked from their waters and not a single benefit is seen by the Irish. Fucking sad man.

>I'm clueless
We know, we know. You should just shut up.

>nips nuclear reactor blows up
>contaminates the pacific ocean
>three headed fishes
yea no thanks

Tasmania is the best place I've ever been to for seafood. Best fresh produce of any type in fact.

I live in Maine and the only real good local stuff are lobsters and scallops

Well then the answer IS NOT ireland you illiterate potato nigger

east coast canada

Alaska

>Spain
>Japan
>America for half decent ripoffs from other places

US has some diverse seafood and ways of cooking it. I think I'd prefer it to most other countries' about 70 percent of the time.

>The EU auctioned off fishing rights to their waters

why would they do that?

Income for the EU as a whole.

source.

Sign the petition.

uplift.ie/supertrawlers/

>needing to sign a petition to ban people from fucking up the eco-system and food supply

Can the EU or UN do anything right on their own?

your link says nothing about china, it says the worlds 2nd largest trawler, owned by the dutch and registered in Lithuania, is fishing near Ireland.

you got another source?

Hello British brexier, please pay your tab and be on your way.

Now back to the thread. What's Tasmania like? Their weather seems to be milder than in mainland Australia which sounds nice.

"As a European-registered fishing vessel, the Dutch-registered vessel Annelies Ilena is permitted to operate in any European waters and can fish in any area and retain on board any fish for which it has a nationally assigned European quota"

KEKED
U
C
K
E
D

No, all about the €€€€€

West Coast of the USA, especially washington. Has some of the best seafood in the world, no holds barred.

Italy, but I suppose it can depend on what kind of seafood

WA does has some great seafood. to answer the OP, though, it really depends on what sort of seafood/preparation you like. even though they share an ocean, japanese seafood and west coast US seafood are not very alike.

Everything you can see on pic related, like oysters, lobsters, crayfish, shrimps, sea urchins (not on the pic), salmons, octopus, and as many different fish species as possible.

>sort of seafood/preparation you like.
As fresh as possible, with much variety.

>The swamp germans stealing things as always
Why am I not surprised.

*citation needed
**source needed
***this section does not adhere to the style guidelines of Veeky Forums

Southern and southeastern Spain.
Westcoast and southcoast Norway.
West Coast France.
Southern Italy - Sardinia in perticular.
Northeastern Turkey.
The Maldives.
All of the Philippines.
Southern Japan.
Alaska.
Palau.

There are plenty of places with great seafood.

You must have meant Nort-western Spain...

Typo : Northwestern

Tasmania is pretty good, but shits expensive here.

Fucking truth, the only part of tassie I like

>Ireland
>British

Launceston reporting, since I moved here a year ago my seafood consumption has quadrupled and I feel amazing.

Funny thing is that I used to live literally a mile from the Sydney fish markets.

I'm eating fresh squid, hot and cold smoked salmon, herrings, flathead, scallops, mussels, trevally, prawns, whiting... it's a fucking seafood feast down here.

Except for your shitty tassal farmed salmon.
They can get fucked

Weather's mild european, we have snow to around 200m-300m above sea level during winter, and when spring rocks around it's party time. Summers hit low to mid thirties (celsius).

I've lived in half a dozen different countries and every state in Australia due to my family's chosen profession, and Tasmania is constantly beautiful and bountiful.

Only a few days ago I was driving Launceston to Devonport via Deloraine and the Western Tiers were dusted with snow, with a misty rain descending. The only place more beautiful is NZ South Island.

PS fuck off, we're full.

>money
>the thought of 'Ireland shouldn't just fish in Irish waters they need to spread out and give other people a chance too!'
>throw in a shitload of bullshit rules on how much fish you can catch, you cannot release fish again but you are not allowed to catch over X amount of certain species

They make it tiresome.

THE NOSE KNOWS

unironically the UK.

I've watched enough Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall to know that fish stocks in the UK are on the brink of real trouble.

Meanwhile, the convicts you sent to rot in the semi-tropical sun have developed a culture where seafood is both plentiful and varied.

Australian seafood > UK 'cod, flounder, pike and not much else'.

The Philippines if you truly love seafood
>EEW FINS AND EYES YUCKEEE
White people need not apply

>The EU auctioned off fishing rights to their waters,

I bet that's the same bullshit as with the Brits complaining about EU taking their fish when it was actually British fishers who sold their quota, mostly to Dutch fishers.

Who cares for details like that. The important thing is Jews and Pakis are why he's not a winner. Crashing the UK's economy will fix everything

Chile
It's one huge fucking shore that goes through different climates

I grew up gnawing on raw dry fish in the Solomon Islands and I'm white, motherfucker. Fuck you and your racist cultural assumptions.

Spain

Italy's seafood is hit garbage. Only Spain,Portugal,France and the Netherlands have decent seafood in Europe

SA fish and seafood is garbage. Most SA know that. Specially Argies

Japan.
For one very simple and very important reason: Tsukiji fish market.