What's the biggest unresearched nutrition bullshit you've ever fallen for?

What's the biggest unresearched nutrition bullshit you've ever fallen for?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2692609
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

coconut oil.

>tfw clogged arteries 'cause you fell for a meme

fat is bad for you

i've lost 25 lbs without trying since i abandoned that meme in 2016

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2692609
Soaking and germinating any grains, seed, or nuts to creating a more bio-available food source has been researched extensively. You just write too much like a retard when asking a question so you get retarded responses.

This.
Alternately, high-carb is good for you.

When people talk about oats they are generally talking about oats that have been milled already, not whole, uncooked berries.

As far as milled whole oats most suggestion I read recommend soaking with yogurt or milk to create an enzyme reaction. OP follows fad food blogs who regurgitate information incorrectly.

Something cannot be both whole and milled.

I kept thinking about whole oats while writing about milled. Sorry, padre.

Artificial sweeteners. They were giving me horrendous headaches and destroying my stomach.

Fat being bad

that anything other than a calorie deficit will make you lose weight

This really soaks my oats.

that soaking oats leads to Gynecomastia

Veganism

Chicken nuggets make you gay

The meme was that they found evidence that coconut oil was "healthy" as per their standards and thought 'vegetable/fruit': push it! And then panicked when they realized how high in fat content it was and that it contradicted everything they've been previously claiming.

eating greasy foods gives you acne

It does. But due to the grease getting on your face when you eat it.

>activated almonds

I used to believe that fish was really "Brain Food". Yeah the mercury and other bioaccumulated heavy metals affect the brain alright..

Gotta get those omega 3s nigga

Apple cider vinegar

I read a book evangelizing it at my parents' house and it's so blatantly written by a charlatan with claims that it fixes basically fucking everything

This. Had the same side effects as well.

None
Fuck you, I eat what I want, you'll die some day anyway.
Eat your veggies and don't be a pig, that's all you need.

I feel for the going vegan lowers your cholesterol meme, and it actually worked for me. Been off cholesterol meds for nearly a decade with the doctor's blessing and maintaining a mostly vegan diet. But my numbers have been inching up slowly, so in my case there appears to be a shelf life on just how long that works, and it looks like I'm about to hit it. Doesn't help that I still drink a bit more than I should...

Make sure you dont fall for the coconut oil meme. I went vegan to lower my ldl too and I didnt get a big drop until I cut that shit out

I lost about 15kg in just less than 3 months 5 years ago solely eating croissant every lunch and some bok choy for dinner.

People actually eat coconut oil? I only use it as lube/conditioner

Fat is bad
Carbs are bad
gluten is bad
fruits are bad
milk is bad
eggs are bad

conspiracy theories surrounding MSG

Just so you ke/ck/s know, coconut oil is the best aftershave and works really well for acne. I give my word on it.

They're pretty much entirely baseless assumptions, fear-mongering, and inarticulate racist rants. Glad I never fell for that horseshit.

that's an oddly specific book topic

Calories in calories out. It's the ultimate broscience

It's a pretty good rule of thumb.

ok bro

Any oil will do, really. The critical thing is to ensure your skin is well moisturised, which oils do well because they prevent water from evaporating away. Dry, irritated skin reflexively produces more sebum, thus paradoxically worsening acne.

Some ass-hole convinced me i could absorb potassium and fructose by sticking a banana up my ass because you can absorb medical suppositiries through your mucus membranes in your ass.

This.

Asking questions in a search engine will always give you shit responses based on other idiots asking questions or buzz articles titled with a question.

You need to place only the words you need in the search bar, using quotations for phrases and the "-" to negate things you don't want to see. Such as: oat soak water hydrating -?

It's not that it's bad or anything, but idiots think it's healthy or at least more healthy then other veg oils and start using it heavily in everything. Using it in moderation like any veg oil should be and there's nothing wrong with it.

Same here. Spent a bunch on that crap too.

Sad thing is that it's not a half bad cooking oil.

>water is good
Then why do i get stomach pain when i drink it?

>start using it heavily in everything
That was what the keto diet more or less pushed.

Problem is that ppl need a "diet" to tell them how to eat. They can't understand that fats should only be eaten in moderation unless you're needing lots of energy fast (fats fly through your system). It's like morons who think they need meat with every meal, even if they've been sitting on their asses all day. Got to get that protein, right?

But it's literally science. It's basic physics.

>But it's literally science. It's basic physics.
>2017 US

Science is fake news, or haven't you heard?

Fake news bandwagon
>LEL look at me, derp!
use your brain and filter out the garbage you see

HFCS is the devil.

Mainly I feel like it just doesn't taste as good and opt for something with cane sugar or without any sweeteners.

I went to school for massage therapy after completing my undergrad studies in biology. The amount of pseudoscience is hilariously astounding, and 99% of it was from our bizarre "retired chiropractor" teacher who drove multiple luxury SUVS onto campus with a fresh cup of Starbucks.

We spent a whole day on alkaline foods/water. I'll be honest, I hate a lot of the weirdo shit in my profession but it is an endless supply of lols.

>panicked when they realized how high in fat content
It's ENTIRELY fat. Nobody "realized" that this vegetable oil was high in fat, kek. That's exactly the same as realizing that there's a lot of fat in lard.
I've eaten it before, the scent is the only good part about it.

>getting stomach pains when drinking water
Stop drinking freezing cold water

Wait, you have a coconut cock?

It's probably for his asshole.

I don't eat it but use it on my skin.

I figured the mechanism begind the vegan diet lowering cholesterol had to be that vegetable sources of saturated fat are scarce, so a vegan diet has you consuming very little of the stuff unless you're wailing on coconut and avocados. I eat very few coconut products and avocados only every now and then. plive and peanut oils have been the primary fats in my diet for the last bunch of years.