Shokugeki no Soma

Is the cooking in this show actually good?

Other urls found in this thread:

anitay.kinja.com/food-wars-recipes-in-real-life-1-fake-pork-roast-1703359028
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

a lot of the gastronomy fancy dishes are pretty memey but otherwise its pretty good

yes its a great show

I hate most anime and it's pretty watchable, considering it's a tournament show. It's a little goofy but I'd recommend it anyway.

ppl will cry that its bad but if u watch it its p good

I've watched a lot of trashy anime, so I didn't mind it. Not as good as My Hero Academia though.

If you want an actually good food anime you should watch Yakitate Japan.

The show itself is a cringey shitfest, but some of the cooking is fun I guess

Why people watch anime instead of reading manga?

because why read mango when you could be reading books

>Umami
>UMAMI
>MAXIMUM UMAMI SUGOIIIOIIIIIII~~~

>reading Blame! for the story

based

Most of it's pretty solid, yeah. Fun show, mostly likable (if fairly one-dimensional) characters, decent art. 8/10, would recommend.

I want to fuck Yuki Morisaki

So that's where the brown bikini meat girl is from. Huh.

Sure, but why bother when you could be reading the superior cooking series?

Sorry mate but she and I are already in a loving committed relationship.

Is Souma the biggest meme chef of all time?
Dude does shit like put tacos inside of turkeys but it turns out there was ketchup packets in there all along and the judges love him for it

Literally the cooking version of Bleach complete with large antagonist shots and jobbers

It uh... is totally dependent on your level of skill and experience. Without it, try to cook the recipes from the show and you are doomed.
Basically it's feasible that it could be good in real life, but it doesn't give you recipes, so you're kind of left guessing about the flavor. "UWAGHHHHHH" and various colorful critiques of the food are no substitute for a step-by-step method.

I knew it. Someone actually tried it. anitay.kinja.com/food-wars-recipes-in-real-life-1-fake-pork-roast-1703359028

Or just have someone translate this. Or learn Japanese. Whichever is easier

Anymore links to anime to live cooking?

Just caught up on this. I-I just wanted a comfy cooking comic...

No, you want Bambino! for that

if silver haired bitch isn't main love interest, i won't even give this a try

She's not.

>someone else who's read bambino

later chapters are pretty fucking stupid with very predictable matches and bland story choices, so hop off the ride before that gets adapted, but the early stuff is pretty fun.

I don't know why the characters didn't bully that gastronomy chick. It's so easy!
>Hey, gastronomy-chan. Looking forward to see how you'll use liquid nitrogen to cook your food today!
>Hey, gastronomy-chan. I don't know why everyone says albinos are evil. You've always been so nice to me.
>Hey, gastronomy-chan, do you have any syringes I can borrow? Oh wait, I don't need a syringe, because I have real kitchen utensils used by real chefs.

Seriously, though, does freezing eggs make them taste better?

Literally just read Golden Kamui, my man

Mostly just breaks them all over your freezer.

The first three episodes I watched drunk one night and liked it. Tried to watch it sober a couple of weeks later and it was terrible. Anytime I come home drunk I'll watch a couple of episodes before I pass out.

The only food I've tried from the show is the chaplin steak and it was ok for a cheap steak.

The cooking is good but the whole "Food is so good everyone's clothes explode off and they have an orgasm" is getting way overplayed as time goes on. They should have saved the gimmick for only the best of dishes.