Are there foods, or dishes you refused to eat for a long time, eventually tried and loved?

Are there foods, or dishes you refused to eat for a long time, eventually tried and loved?

My grandmother used to feed me banana sandwiches when I was a young kid and I hated them. Refused to eat them out of spite. Finally tried one a few months ago and now I can't get enough of them.

Brown/wholegrain bread, i wouldnt even touch that shit if it was covered with nutella. Now im so desperate i would even eat it just on its own, maybe even make a classic toast sandwich

oxtail.

it's such a shame it got expensive.

Yuka

Spanish/Cuban dish my mom would make from time to time and was so sketched out over it, I never tried it

Relocated to FL where my grandma made it and finally tried it. Like hearty mash potatoes. It's a root that's really versatile. Slow baked, butter, salt, garlic etc. Seriously it's the best fried though. It's a dish I always look forward to now

Liver and onions.

It's a bit tame but for me it's green olives

McDonald's cheeseburgers.
Didn't have a McDonald's in our town until I was 10.
The only McDonald's I had until that point was microwave reheated cheeseburgers my parents brought back after visiting family in the city.
Tried one fresh when I was 13.
Eat them quite often now.

Only foods I stopped eating when I went vegan nearly two decades ago. I liked durian and natto my first time. What else should I try?

Faggot detected

'Raw' cheese. Something about it seemed repulsive, even though I liked it melted (interestingly I didn't have such issues with blue cheese)

The McChicken. I thought it was a meme, but then I tried one, and now I can't get enough. I eat at least 3 a day. It really is the best fast food sandwich.

Weird foods wrapped in grape leaves.

Your grandma should've put some peanutbutter on that sandwich.
Peanutbutter sandwich with banana is on a whole new lvl.

Any pics to share?

Onions.

Used to despise them just because I had a few bitter ones once.

Now I throw those fuckers on everything.

I prefer my peanut butter & banana sandwiches without jelly.

U jelly?

Stop sameposting

Baked beans, mangos, and chicken fried steak.

Biscuits and sausage gravy.

Looks like vomit. Tastes like heaven.

Me too desu

Orange juice
Avocados
Cucumbers
Mind you this was 3rd grade tier shit. Now I'll eat anything.

Mushrooms, I hated them for years, now I dry out shiitakes and eat them like chips

Peanut butter banana sandwiches are GOAT. My mom would feed me those shits at least once a week when I was young. Shit was so cash.

Raw tomatoes, yeah I was one of those people. Beyond that is spicy mustard, poppyseed dressing, and some others.

My worst offense, however, is probably turning my nose up to pumpernickel bread. What a fucking retard I was.

FUCK CHEESY POTATOES

Peanut butter pickle sandwiches. My dad and and uncles all ate them and I stuck my nose up at it. It's now one of my favorite sandwiches

Amen, brother.