I'm still learning how to cook

I'm still learning how to cook.

How can i turn the remains of this rotisserie chicken into soup?

An easy soup preferably, I live far from a grocery store and I don't feel like driving back there for another couple weeks

You can't really. Don't fall for the "make chicken stock with leftover rotisserie chicken carcass" meme.

Pick the meat clean
Throw the bones in a pot
simmer till stock
strain stock
add meat and anything else into stock

Get a big pot, put the carcass in, pour water in the pot so it at least covers the bird (hopefully you've got a big enough stockpot that this won't be a problem) and then put that on the element to bring the water to a slow boil. You want to simmer the carcass for at least an hour, more is preferable. I'd put a little bit of salt in the water but it's not entirely necessary initially. The top is gonna get covered in this like scummy looking foam from all the fat and stuff, scrape that off. Eventually you'll have a nice broth! Remove the carcass and let it cool enough that you can shred the meat from the bones without hurting your hands. Add the meat back into the broth, along with vegetables and whatever else you like. Rice or pasta is also nice but you could just use veggies if you prefer.

But I make stock with the bones every single time I cook chicken
What are you on about

Don't add too much stuff to your broth. You want soup, not fucking stew. God fucking damn I hate hearty stew.

this
get a copy of 'the joy of cooking'
it's 4plebs

>makes stock using bones
This. This is what Veeky Forums has become. This is what you get when you post cooking related ylyl material on containment boards. I hope you're all proud.

Chicken and sweet corn soup dude. Easy as fuck.

Still waiting for you to post the method you consider as correct.

Jesus Christ. I know you are, guy. I know you are.

Still waiting.

>God fucking damn I hate hearty stew.

well this post got all kinds of gay

I'm going to explain it real fucking simple like, because this is what Veeky Forums has become. A bunch of fucking kids who don't know dick about shit.

Why in gods name would you use meat flavored bones instead of actual meat? That's like boiling a rock just to get the salty flavor from it.

Why the fuck wouldn't you just use salt?

It's a pointless meme. The only reason you need to do it is if you're a poverty stricken European woman who's just trying to add flavor to your hot water.

Anything else I need to meticulously explain to you, princess?

When did I say I didn't use leftover meat along with the bones?

just to confirm.

How do I know when It's broth?

After I remove the bones what do I do next? Add pasta and veggies then cook it until they are done?

Thanks

That is the correct thing to do. Incorrect is making stock after cooking the chicken

Are the bones staying in the soup?
Are you just going to keep those useless bones in your soup as you serve it?
Or are you going to remove the bones after boiling?

what the fuck do you think

You've got to taste it at a certain point, I'd taste it after an hour and a bit personally. There should be more flavour than just 'slightly salty water' so it's more up to what you'd consider done enough. When you remove the bones and meat, and you've shredded the meat, you should bring the broth back to a simmering/slow boil temperature and add your meat and veggies. If you want to use rice, you should use cooked rice so that you aren't wasting broth cooking the rice, since it'll soak it up. I'm more a fan of rice in my soup than pasta but it's your call, since it's your soup! As for veg, you can't go wrong with carrots, onions and celery, but you could also put in bell peppers or hot peppers, turnips, parsnips, or cabbage (which is really, really nice). It's all up to your personal preference when the veggies are done to your liking, and since you would use cooked rice you don't need to wait for that to cook further, it's just kinda there.

>meat flavored bones instead of actual meat?

Listen you absolute retard. I'm only going to drop this knowledge bomb once. When you use bones, that's called stock. There is no such thing as stock made with meat. Using the meat is called BROTH. Broth is not the same as stock. Why, pray tell, might you want to make stock instead of broth? Because simmering the actual meat causes it to lose all its flavor. Simmering the bones imparts flavor into the liquid by extracting it from an inedible solid. So you might elect to make stock over broth because you wish to actually eat flavorful meat, not expend it to flavor up liquid. Making stock uses parts you would otherwise throw away to make a flavorful liquid, using broth uses parts you would otherwise eat to make a flavorful liquid. Therefore a stock is essentially free. This is but one reason to use bones over stock. The other, and this is an extremely important one, is richness. Simmering the bones yields a lot more gelatin than simmering the meat. When you want a rich thick sauce like a demi glace you need to prepare a stock, not a broth.

Now please shut your fucking mouth until you've learned the basics of cooking. Stop spewing bullshit all over Veeky Forums.

Thanks!

>boiling meat makes it lose flavor

Next time, instead of posting a wall of text, just shorten it down to "I'm shit-tarded".

Chicken stock, any stock, isn't made with scraps.
Chicken stock is made with whole bird.
You're mad.
Stock isn't made with scraps.

Google chicken stock recipe, check about a dozen ones and report back with your findings.
Also I just checked in my Pepin's La Methode and it literally says that stock is made with bones and water.

Fucking idiot.

>fucktard sperging out about how stock is somehow not made with bones
I almost want to screencap this

Let me end the fighting.

Stock is made from the scraps and bones of uncooked animals

Broth is made from cooked or leftover scraps/bones from cooking, as its not as potant and will be missing flavours/gelatin/collagen/etc

Looks like we got a British chef in the house folks.

Just boil it for half an hour with salt and pepper and wa la

wrong
broth can be made from stock, but stock can't be made from broth

kfc soup

This has been way more entertaining than it should have been

I hate people who eat chickens like that. They always pick at it with their fingers, only eat about half the meat and try to offer the sorry-ass picked at carcass meat to someone else before throwing it away. But sure, make some soup, chicken-picker.