Post foods you're craving

Cheesy potato casserole. Holy fuck, this has to be one of the best casseroles ever. Definitely going to buy ingredients for it tomorrow. I'm very aware this is flyover food and I don't care, it's great.

>2lbs frozen southern hash brown potatoes (little cubes, almost 1cm)
>1 onion, diced
>8 oz sour cream
>1/4" Velveeta slices, enough to cover the top of the casserole
>1 can of cream of chicken or mushroom soup
>1 cup of milk
>Black pepper, however much you want

You can add ham, jalapenos, bacon, cum, whatever other shit you like to the mix if you want. Mix everything except Velveeta slices in casserole dish, then cover the mixture with the slices. Bake at 350F, give it a good mixing when the """"cheese"""" melts and continue baking until the top is browned.

>foods you're craving
Literally anything. I haven't eaten in two days because I don't get paid until Sunday and the remainder of my money has to go to parking for work this weekend.

>Specifically
Man, the first thing I'm going to do when my money hits my account is to get a burger at my local joint with the works and have an ice cold beer

Same here, ran out of flour a couple days ago and have been starving since because I haven't gone shopping in 2 weeks. Also going to get a Culver's burger in about 6 hours when I get my paycheck.

I'm fine with trashy food, but
>can of soup
A line must be drawn

>Culvers
Are they that good? There's one like 10 minutes from me but I've never been. Been an awful lot of posting about it here on Veeky Forums recently though.

Yes, it's that good, we're not memeing or joking.

Always have a big bag of oats handy. They're dirt cheap and can fill you up.

He speaks the truth. It’s been awhile since I’ve gone but they make a damn good burger

Ooh party potatoes do sound good! I usually only get it around the holidays but there’s no reason I couldn’t make this shit right goddamn now. Never made it with velveeta though, probably gonna stick with shredded cheddar. Also i like how you went with the cubed potato over shredded. The patricians choice user.

That sounds like dauphinoise potatoes. Add some garlic in with the onions, it's nice.

Kek how does it feel being poor?

I just made this for my dinner, it was delicious. Thanks user.

Baked potato casserole is amazing, but I avoid it as much as possible because its such a calorie explosion.
Here are my tips: use actual potatoes, pre-baked. Leave the skins on. Much cheaper than frozen, if you care not about price, then use frozen. But I bake 5 pounds at once and use them all in two casserole dishes. Just bake, chill, and dice into small cubes.
Sour cream and milk are fine. But skip the soup and the Velveeta. Use real cheese, and use a better sauce-making ingredient. The canned soup is a roux-based thickener, it works but you can make your own. Potatoes, dairy, and cheese by itself is mostly sufficient. And yes, some cooked breakfast meat needs to be there. Ham, bacon, sausage.
I usually whip a few eggs into the dairy, spices I love, and lots of good cheese. Top with a cheese that melts and toasts well. Its absolute shit for you and you will get super fat, but at least you will enjoy your spiral into bad health.

I wouldn't use velveeta, would prefer a different cheese, but yeah I once or twice a year cheesy potato casserole is godly.

I made it just now and used 50/50 double cream and milk, salt, pepper and some garlic mixed up and poured over sliced potato. I threw some cheese on for the last 20 minutes, and it was amazing.

Segedinsky gulash and those weird steamed bread dumplings. I wish I could find recipes a burger could make

Could you guys ask close relatives or friends to lend you some cash for food?

I could, but I refuse to. I spent my money unwisely and had to deal with the consequences.

You realize that's a really lame version of scalloped potatoes au gratin, right? Potatoes and cheese taste good together, who knew?

>can't eat for 4 days because he doesn't have any money
>gets paid
>immediately spends it on an overpriced burger and beer instead of buying groceries
Brilliant, I wonder if you will run into this exact same problem again or not.

Talk about someone in serious need of validation.

I hope you don't punish yourself over it too hard

This. Why are poor people so dumb?

I definitely won't. The issue was that I missed two weeks of work because a close relative was in the hospital and I had literally just put down a deposit on my apartment so my bank account was tapped. Life happens dude, ain't always poor decisions.

Mah NIGGA!