Is anybody here into wine home making?

Is anybody here into wine home making?

I started few days ago. Trying to make wine out of 3kg of grapes. Only 3kg because it is my first time so there is a great chance I will fuck it up.

Gib tips!

Other urls found in this thread:

moundtop.com/
veralda.hr/index.php/en/
veralda.hr/index.php/en/wines/muscat
veralda.hr/index.php/en/wines/malvasia
youtube.com/watch?v=uTIEo2uWMiA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Hygiene
>Careful with temperature when small volume

White or red ?

Also, moundtop.com/

When done, decant, then use filter.
And since its your first few batches I'd argue its absolutely fine to sulphurate it.
Generally its looked down upon in wine-making, but i found it perfectly acceptable for homebrews.

>moundtop.com/
thx.

Well, white because I like it very much. I added a little bit of red grapes to are acid (As i understood it is good for wine) and because I bought just regular grapes from market, not some special for wine.

>Hygiene

I done as much as I could with shitty equipment. I think that i will be more rigorous in secondary fermentation.
I guess that on pic looks very unclean but I sterilized everything with hot water (that's how I fucked up shape of bottle for fermentation) and NaHCO3
>Careful with temperature when small volume

I read that white (and this mostly is white) should ferment on lower t than red and weather here is doing just fine (well as I can see it it is going very well 4th day now so I haven't done anything to regulate that) but it takes more time.

Is it true i can let a plastic jug of grape juice sit in a warm environment and end up with wine?

I think that I will going to do that.

Also, I ad bread yeast that i activated (warm water, some sugar and honey, leaved for 10 mins to start and than added)

kek
That is exactly what I am doing :D

I wonder if the user who lost his winemaking granpa last year managed to keep it going.

Not me.

I would like to know that too.

I was at my sisters place in Istria this year. I tried some wine in wine sell where she works ( veralda.hr/index.php/en/ )

Fucking great.jpg

So I decided to try to make something for me..

this: veralda.hr/index.php/en/wines/muscat and veralda.hr/index.php/en/wines/malvasia are the fucking best

I actually didn't like that wining wine Istrijan all that much, but Muskat, damn... So good.

Sort of, but you'll have much better results adding a little sugar and brewer's yeast to the jug. You can also rig up a rudimentary airlock on the jug by leaving the cap just barely screwed on, putting a plastic bag over it, and a rubber band over that to keep it sealed. This will keep insects and other nasties out while allowing the gas that is created by fermentation to escape. The brewer's yeast will get you up to about 13% abv in a month or so.

Making wine with family since a few years. White and rosé are bitches because less protective tannins than red. Came out with and awful aftertaste. I thought they were spoiled, but against all expectation they have bettered with time and have gone from trashy to meh.

Nailing every identified technical details hasn't prevented me from unexpectations yet. Red wine we have to get the tannins right (currently overly lumpy). Pressing at the right moment will hopefully get us a nice table wine to be proud of.

For now, wild boar daube with homemade wine and gathered herbes de Provence is amazing during harvesting.

used to make "wine" with water, yeast, sugar and bit of some juice

then i gave it to teenage girls and they puked and had sex with me

tasted like shit though

>For now, wild boar daube with homemade wine and gathered herbes de Provence is amazing during harvesting.

Sound awesome. U baguette user?

>White and rosé are bitches

I know red is easier but I just like white so much so I decide to risk.

On airlock. I will do something like this:

Could someone explain a little bit more airlock stuff.

sounds fun

I appreciate a good rosè all the more now with that knowledge. Even the cheaper imported French rosès I've had were damn good. Quite dry with just a hint of floral sweetness at the end.

That would work, but that's really more complicated than it needs to be and takes up a bunch of extra space. Assuming you're doing the method I used and just bought some fruit juice in a plastic jug from a grocery store, you can just do this and it works fine as an airlock. The plastic cap is barely screwed on, the grooves just beginning to engage. You check this by seeing if you can lift the cap a little, but not quite pull it off. Gravity will hold it down until gas forces it up, then it falls back down once some gas is released. The plastic bag and rubber band keeps small insects out (they will find anything remotely sweet)and also allows gas to leak through. This setup works best short of a real airlock as far as I can tell.

Almost forgot, the sealing part of that bag should be beneath the rubber band. Took that pic when I was still figuring it out.

Yes, that looks simpler desu...

I make it from grapes, not just juice.

This is where I got that idea: youtube.com/watch?v=uTIEo2uWMiA

>Quite dry with just a hint of floral sweetness at the end
The very definition of a good rosé, to drink with ice cubes during a warm summer.

>U baguette user
Seem so. We get the boar for free from the neighours who hunt. One can easily feed 20 ppl out of 3,3 kg of wild boar en daube. Great times, a bit of BBQ/pulled pork-esque athmosphere I guess.

>Seem so. We get the boar for free from the neighours who hunt. One can easily feed 20 ppl out of 3,3 kg of wild boar en daube. Great times, a bit of BBQ/pulled pork-esque athmosphere I guess.

Damn that sound so nice... I never ate boar. I tried deer tho...

>with ice cubes

Also, on corking. I am poor and don't wanna buy corker for this first round. So, is it possible to cork without corker? If so, how?

I'd bag in box, then.

That looks terrible

but thanks for idea anyway

Use wine bottles with a screw-on top

>tasted like shit though
The "wine" or the teenage girls?

Winefag here, You probably let the red and white grapes sit on the skin for too long, your going to get a rose, not to mention sugar content shouldn't make the sweetness level depending on how long you plan on taking fermentation. If you stop the process early you will be left with RS, but you can ferment the wine to full dryness with very little rs. Important to know too, if there is too much sugar and fermentation runs rampant, alcohol content gets too high it will kill the yeast before all the sugar has had a chance to be eaten. This is all very basically worded, I could get into more detail if you desire, but that's where you are at.

get flip top bottles my guy

How do you monitor residual sugar?

I am fine with wine being little bit sweet.

I started with fermentation 19. this month ofc. I could stop with primary on 24. or on 26 or maybe on 1. next month. (I have some shit to do..)

What do you suggest?

>Important to know too, if there is too much sugar and fermentation runs rampant, alcohol content gets too high it will kill the yeast before all the sugar has had a chance to be eaten.

What to do about it?

Probably will...

with no equipment...
lol

just squeeze the juice and add sugar, been doing this shit for years with apples and other berries. only gradfather made them with grapes, these days we dont grow them anymore ;-;

t. forest nigger

In a wine making setting in a winery its pulled and analyzed on the computer, for you. Literally taste, Are you using bought yeast or yeast from the grape skins?

To answer this question you have one option, do nothing. There is going to be RS but the wine its self will have alcohol if the yeast worked and did its job, In the wine industry you literally sometimes don't have enough sugar in the grapes and the process of capitalization occurs when there isn't enough sugar in the grapes to begin with so they add sugar to wine must to increase alcohol production. But literally you as a home vigneron are not going to be able to do much to alter the end product, you've done the work already and its basically just the yeast to do the rest.

The wine isn't going to be overly sweet. Do you know what variety of grapes you used?

very sophisticated
Thanks for answer. I actually added a bit of sugar and honey with yeast.

>Do you know what variety of grapes you used?

I just bought some on market (well my father did cos he was in town and I called). White was very sweet (basically for eating) but it rained these days so I guess sugar level is a bit lower (I read that on the internet) and that is why I added a bit sugar and honey I talk about. (so that white 3kg) And I added a bit of red grapes I had from my neighbor (about 150 g) because it was sour and I read that acid is important too.

Also... Good morning winefags

winefag here again, Hopefully you didn't go overboard with what you added into the must. Also important to note, your are mixing up acid/sour. Acidity in the wine is when you take a sip, swallow, and literally the amount you drool will show you acidity. Harsh and sour wines will typically come from wet fruit that is then processed. I think at this point, don't do anything else, let it ferment and do its thing.

I also made my first wine recently. 20l rice wine. pretty good, shitfaced myself with it yesterday for the first time. gonna try making apple wine. i have always fuckload of apples.

also check out the /diy/ homebrew thread for some pretty gud tips

>you didn't go overboard with what you added into the must.

few teaspoons of sugar

good luck. post results. how do you make rice wine? (i never tried it, i guess it is asia thing..)

will do. ty. i was actually thinking about should i post this thread here or on /diy/