Add white wine

>add white wine

I don't drink alcohol and I want to make some basic aranchini, feels like a waste to spend money on a good bottle of wine.

What other ingredients piss you off? I also nominate kale and avocado

You dont need to buy an expensive bottle. And if you do buy one just for cooking it will last quite awhile. Not sure what the fuck your problem is.
Ingrediants dont piss me off. Thats just kinda weird. Nice thread though.

they make cooking wine. its cheap, and the alcohol burns off.

you could buy one of those small, one glass sort of bottles

Try to make some dishes throughout the week that incorporate white wine so you don't waste it. Also, a decent bottle of wine costs 8-10 dollars. Don't get cooking wine. It tastes like poo, therefore your dish will taste like poo too.

>I don't drink alcohol

You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

just buy one of those cheap single servings formlike 3 dollars

do not do this.they add a shitload of salt so underage kids dont drink it

>single serve wine

Came here to post this .
Don't blame the ingredients for your poor shopping skills.

>feels like a waste to spend money on a good bottle of wine.
How so? White wine has a zillion uses in cooking. You have plenty of opportunities to use it up.

Sure, single serve is an option too if OP can't figure out what to do with a whole bottle.

You can add a little vinegar as a meh replacement. I always do this when i have no wine and want to deglaze. Remember you want this wine for acidity so you can replace it with anything acidic.

the problem isn't the salt, the legal requirement of 1tbsp per liter isn't enjoyable to sip but is almost always under the amount you'd be adding to a dish anyway. the problem is that western "cooking wine" is made from really, really shitty wine to begin with, plonk that makes the color-coded gallon boxes at your local gas station taste like ambrosia.

the flip side to this is that if you definitely don't drink you can salt a bottle you opened and it will keep far longer.

you realize that wine keeps for a very long time and that you can use it again the next time you need it for a recipe?
>tfw I go through a bottle every two weeks for just cooking

it really depends on the wine and what you're doing with it. but the early stages of wine going bad are it souring, which like said is not a problem if you're only cooking with it.

If kale and avocado piss you off, why are you making recipes that include kale and avocado?

what go buy a wine for 12-15 dollars from the air miles bonus aisle, profit

ps "cooking" anything is total dogshit

The wine you cook with is the wine you drink.

So you not drink because of religious reasons/some personal belief, or do you just not like drinking? Cause if it's the latter you can buy a bottle of the cheapest stuff without going into extreme garbage territory, taste it, and if it doesn't taste like garbage then use it. If the bottle does taste like garbage then work your way up. I guess you could also give the rejects to a friend or homeless dude or something.

Buy a 4.50 dollar bottle of barefoot then?

I buy the 4 packs of mini bottles. Use one or two for cooking, save the others for when a chick is over and wants some white wine. (That chick is now my wife, but in my single days it worked well.)

Shitty wine only tastes worse when it reduces during the cooking process.

You don't need anything super fancy, but $4.50 wine is only going to fuck your meal.

I like to piss off liquor stores by only buying the tiny sample bottles

It's really odd that you think this pisses anyone off.

I used to work at a liquor store. That doesn't piss anyone off. The smaller the bottle the larger the profit margin!

Not OP but: All alcohol kind of tastes like garbage my man. Wine in particular just tastes awful to me and I've even had expensive wines.

Is this from some show or something or is she just some OC? Reverse search gives me no results.

>I like to piss off people by giving them money
Flawless logic there dude.

You a muslim, son? There's barely any alcohol in wine, so you'll be fine if you drink whatever is leftover after cooking. You won't even get tipsy.

I keep a bottle of dry vermouth in the fridge, for the purposes of cooking it's basically concentrated white that keeps forever.

>Go to buy a 4 pack of single serve wines.
>Every single carry box is missing at least one bottle.

>kale

I guess this is a meme food for murrifats, what does it cost for you?

Pic related is pre washed, pre cut, fresh kale. It's €1 per kilo frozen.

>buying frozen kale when it literally grows year round in my backyard

Pathetic, yuroop beehive boi. Your ancestors would spit in your face. But the antagonism for kale from Veeky Forums tier NEETS is real, deriving from the fact that it became popular with people who are capable of functioning irl and that boggles the mind of the average Veeky Forums poster.

You can get a bottle of wine for $10