Wake up

>wake up
>remember that trans-fats were banned in my state

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oqdDWA9-DSY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

trans-fats were just a cheap substitute in a continuing effort by business to lower product quality and cut corners.

This is bait? Lard, bacon fat, beef tallow, duck fat, olive oil, walnut oil, butter and many more–a world of delicious fats, but chemically hydrogenated vegetable oil isn't one of them.

Trans-fats banned? How sexist!

Crisco shortening was originally created as a base for soap making, P&G decided to sell it as lard substitute instead because it could be produced cheaply and had a long shelf life.

>that pic
bernd?

that sign seems to have worked really well

American education everyone.
Natural transfats are contained in milk and meat of all ruminants, including cows

We're aware of that.

"bernd" is the equivalent of "user" on German imageboard Krautchan

slight lel

>sensible chuckle

Fantastic.

Might as well educate yourselves while shitposting in this thread.
youtube.com/watch?v=oqdDWA9-DSY

>mfw trans phat banned

what year were tansfats banned in the states? or maybe california in general? i was definitely too young to actually distinguish between what tasted good in its own right and what was high in fat and sodium

im not

explain, ive always read of transfats as fats that have been heated (and maybe pressurized, i dont remmeber well) so that they become essentially super-saturated and will harden at room temperature. and while milk fat and meat fat hardens at room temperature, the difference in length of triglyceride chains means our system has trouble making use of it, since its not naturally occurring

again, this is shit i read a long time ago, but the basics of it were that our bodies dont function well with their chemical structure

Joe pls go

Just because it's harmful doesn't mean it's enjoyable. Partially hydrogenated oil was often made from shitty tasting oils like cottonseed and used as a cheap substitute for saturated fat. You're not missing anything. Your shitty pies and such actually taste better with the palm oil shortening now used. I used to hate the crust of most cheap fruit pies because the partially hydrogenated cottonseed oil had a bitter taste.

trans fats were a hoax by the major corporations

you all fell for it

on which end? obviously they were just so corporations could profit on the cheapest oil they could possible produce and ship. idk if they ever tasted good though

i seriously hope you faggots dont still buy partially-hydrogenated peanut butter

it was part of the health fad. invent a fake fat and claim your product doesn't have it which is true

it was a real fat. the benefit was tgat it was a solid at room temperature, which either made it spreadable and more desireable, or more easily shiped/stored

So instead of wanting to use more delicious fats you decide to crave the one fat that is literally made from the lowest quality vegetable oils and solidified to make it a cheap alternative to Butter or Lard.

> Bacon Grease
> Olive Oil
> Butter
> Lard
> Sausage Grease
> Tallow
> Vegetable Oil
> Canola Oil
> Peanut Oil
> Corn Oil
> Soy Bean Oil
> All Other Liquid Cooking Oils
> Non Stick Spray
> Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable Oils (trans fats)

There's a handy Guide for you.

generic "vegetable oil" should be ranked lower because it's usually soy or other undesirable oils.

In what way would banning of trans-fats affect your life negatively?

>being transphobic
kys!

as opposed to straight-thins

well the "standards bodies" at the time said that trans-fats where the knew beez kneez and now we know they are cariacally speaking not great. the pass/fail for fda approval is way to complicated which imo adds to food manufactures' sketchy pratices. I think we should go for demarks like resteraunts bc then it would be then no excuses for products to cheap out since we would then have grades of "how quality" the food manufacturing of a particular product is

i'd fry everything in bacon grease if I could

Cis-aldehydes

You sly motherfucker.

Why did his dick had to be so small, he could have been the perfect tanny